Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on soft foods right now. Here are the things I've been eating:

Meatballs with marinara

Baked salmon

Shrimp (GREAT source of protein!)

Deli meat and cheese rollups

Deviled eggs with string cheese

Chili (homemade and Wendy's)

Trader Joe's BBQ chicken Teriyaki

Trader Joe's Shiitake Mushroom chicken

Chipotle Burrito Bowl (no rice)

Qdoba Burrito Bowl (no rice)

we have the same menu lol

Ugh so jealous. I want to chew something lol. It is painful making my son chicken and then sucking down another Protein Shake. The shakes are actually making me nauseous. Not because I'm sick of them or anything, its hasn't even been a week. Anyone else have this experience. Today every time I sipped one I would break out in a sweat and feel like I was going to throw up.

whey Protein did make me sick and gave me the runs. I only drink one now if I'm constipated!

Lol good to know in case I am in need of that. It was the Unjury today and I've had it before so I'm thrown.

Lots of great ideas here!

You can do a lot of things with eggs on the soft diet. Scramble them using cooking spray (not butter) and non-fat milk (or soy milk or almond milk). You can make it higher in Protein with shredded non-fat or low-fat mozzarella or cheddar or another kind of cheese. You can also add Protein with soy crumbles or ground turkey or chicken breast. Serve it with a cooked veggie, like cauliflower or zucchini.

Of course, hard-boiled eggs are pretty much a staple for Snacks on this part of the diet! You can scoop out the yolks and eat them with tuna.< /p>

Wendy's Chili also has 16 grams of carbs. If you subtract the Fiber, it is 12 grams of carbs, 6 of which are sugar. It is basically 1 for 1 carbs to Protein.

There are better choices.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Wosh I could have that but it has hamburger meat in it and I am on soft foods cant eat nothing but fish and shrimp right now ... Hope I can have this soon

Wendy's Chili also has 16 grams of carbs. If you subtract the Fiber, it is 12 grams of carbs, 6 of which are sugar. It is basically 1 for 1 carbs to Protein.

Not all carbs are the devil. Chili is made up of Beans. Beans = carbs. Beans are good for you.

If you're on the go and your options are limited Wendy's chili is a pretty good choice. That's actually something they drilled into our heads at my nutrition classes. It's the only fast food option they ever mentioned and they mentioned it often.

Edited by MrsRoboto

Not all carbs are the devil. Chili is made up of Beans. Beans = carbs. Beans are good for you.

If you're on the go and your options are limited Wendy's chili is a pretty good choice. That's actually something they drilled into our heads at my nutrition classes. It's the only fast food option they ever mentioned and they mentioned it often.

I agree. I avoid starches, not all carbs.

Wosh I could have that but it has hamburger meat in it and I am on soft foods cant eat nothing but fish and shrimp right now ... Hope I can have this soon

Yeah I could not have ground beef until week 7. I still have not tried it. It has to be in Soups, casseroles (yuk!), meatloaf (triple yuk), or sloppy joes :( I think I am just going to wait it out the 6 months until I can have steak. When it cools off I might make homemade chili, but that is a lot of work for one person, and I don't want to be stuck eat chili for days.

Wendy's is a fast food restaurant you can't trust their nutritional value.

Also if you are out an in an emergency, there are still better options than going to a fast food resturant. Almost all gas stations have muscle milk. There are gyms everywhere, and most gyms sell Protein shakes right in the front, you can walk in and buy a Protein shake without being a member. Walmart has Protein Shakes. You can carry a Protein Shake in your purse, When you are off soft foods you can keep a Protein Bar or nuts. You should really never let yourself get into a situation where Wendy's is your best option, and there aren't even that many Wendy's around.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Yeah I could not have ground beef until week 7. I still have not tried it. It has to be in Soups, casseroles (yuk!), meatloaf (triple yuk), or sloppy joes :( I think I am just going to wait it out the 6 months until I can have steak. When it cools off I might make homemade chili, but that is a lot of work for one person, and I don't want to be stuck eat chili for days.

Wendy's is a fast food restaurant you can't trust their nutritional value.

Also if you are out an in an emergency, there are still better options than going to a fast food resturant. Almost all gas stations have muscle milk. There are gyms everywhere, and most gyms sell Protein shakes right in the front, you can walk in and buy a Protein shake without being a member. Walmart has Protein Shakes. You can carry a Protein Shake in your purse, When you are off soft foods you can keep a Protein Bar or nuts. You should really never let yourself get into a situation where Wendy's is your best option, and there aren't even that many Wendy's around.

thanks for the info sweetie