Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling with no carbs

No carbs? Is that the advice from your NUT or something you're doing? Personally, I'm allowed 40 grams of carbs a day. Which should be healthy, fruit or veggies although I do have an occasional couple crackers or slice of bread depending on my meal.

I am allowed 50, which includes one piece of whole grain bread.< /p>

No carbs per dr lol just Protein

I'm dying for a piece of bread lol

So, you are not allowed to have any vegetables, fruits, or milk? That seems insane.

No carbs definitely seems extreme. I don't get *many* carbs, since I am always putting Protein first and aiming to reach my 100 grams/day of protein, but if my protein comes with some carbs, I will have them. Plus I do manage to fit in the occasionally treat. I was told by my NUT to never have JUST carbs, always have protein with my carbs, and always put protein first. So if I have a little toast, put Peanut Butter on it. Or have some tuna salad with my crackers... that sort of thing. I will say that I never eat rice or Pasta because they just take up too much room and I can't get my protein in if I have them.

I found that 20-30 carbs did not make me feel well. I upped them to 40-50, still within my dr range. Mainly from fruits and veggies. Occasionally I will have a few rice cracker with guacamole or a wheat cracker with Peanut Butter. Talk to your NUT and request more carbs.

Are you tracking? Maybe you can add a little sweet potato in for a complex carb. I stay under 50 a day.

Healthy eating includes healthy carbs! We live in the real world and will have to for the rest of our lives!

yes, but the choice of carb is what matters.

my nut says after surgery less that 60 grams of carbs a day i think

I've been experimenting with my carbohydrate intake since my procedure, March 30th of this year. I had a lower starting BMI than most but found that the weight comes off quicker if I keep my carb count under 20 grams.