Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was lap banded in 2010. At first I was quite successful and lost about 80 lbs, then I had another baby and gained it all back and then some. I had almost given up hope when my DH strongly suggested<<<<pushed>>>> me into starting the fitness/inspiration blog that I've been meaning to do all along. I cannot be the only employee, mother, wife out there that is struggling to lose weight. This lap band journey hasn't been easy for me, and while I believe it can work if you work it, I cannot be the only one out there struggling. So this week I started my blog at http://www.fatgirltofit.com

I thought I would connect with the forums that I used to be a part of and get some support and inspiration. Its new so a lot is still under construction. I hope to include my blog, fitness, recipes, fashion, and inspiration.

Edited by Fatgirltofit

Hi! I was banded in 2010 as well. My story is very similar to yours. I lost about 80 pounds and then I got pregnant with my son, since him I just have not been doing what I am supposed to do and am now as big as I was when I was pregnant with him. I am getting back on track! I did it before I know I can do it again. Best Wishes and Good luck!

Hello,

I have been very frustrated too lately... well actually pretty much since I was banded in June 2014. It was a very slow process to get the green zone and some days I wonder if I am. I have barely lost 20 pounds and I seem to keep gaining and losing the same 5-7. It is very frustrating and I am disappointed in myself. It is embarrassing that people know I had this surgery and i am still overweight. The funny thing is, is that some days I feel like I need an adjustment because I can eat way too much and then some days (around PMS time) I can barely eat solids. I wish I has a support group closer but I just do not as I live in the country, 6 hours from a major centre. I need support too which is why I came onto this website again today.

I wish you luck. Hopefully we can encourage each other in this journey. It certainly wasn't the magic solution I was hoping for :)

I was so glad to run across this site today. I was banded in July of 2012, I lost 70 pounds and then had problems finding the perfect adjustment, I was either too tight or had no restriction. I also became lazy on my food choices and exercise. In May I had all the Fluid removed from my band and just started the process of being filled again. I have been so frustrated with myself, I never thought I would be in the place of gaining all my weight back! I feel as if I "woke" up this week from a long hibernation and I am hoping to get back on track.

Thanks for the great post and letting me know I am not the only one struggling in this journey.

Happy to see some bandsters posting. There is a lot of negative posting about band issues that I read .

I had my band surgery in late 2006. It has not always been an easy road, but I am so grateful to not regain 90% of what I lost. It took many years of adjustments. ....both in my head and in my band to come to a healthy way of living.

The key things I read from other long termers are Water, Protein, and exercise. I seem to have the best "fit" when my band is a bit loose.

I can eat salads and other fiberous foods that did not work when my band was tight.

I adjust my band about twice a year. Add some fluid... Then after months it seems to get too tight. Remove a bit of Fluid and live with it for awhile.. Til I get too hungry between meals. And regain about 5-7 lbs. then back to a fill. And so on

Some days are better than others. Sigh

But they are all better than lugging around 90 extra pounds⭐️

Thanks for sharing Julie! Even with gaining back a lot of my weight I still have NO regrets about my band. I know that I can be successful again once I start using the it as a tool again. I did have a time where I felt like I was loosing weight but really unhealthy because I could hardly ever eat any fruits or veggies (my band was really tight). I used to think that the tighter the better because I did not want to eat at all. Lessons learned and I am hopeful to start loosing again this time and doing it a much healthier way.