Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aussie Bansters Chat Thread Part 2

<p>Thanks for your replies Carmel and Cam. I have had my band over a year, have had no probs at all, have a very well worded letter from my surgeon but still no lucky. i have tried over a dozen including those underwritten by CGU and QBE and others. Cam would you be prepared to tell me who your cover is through? I have asked my surgeon and his staff and also been in contact with the manufacturer of the band to see if they had any ideas of a company prepared to insure bandits.</p>

p.s. i dont mind paying the extra surcharge for the covering of the band, just want to find someone prepared to cover me.

Hi to you all, havent been around the boards much, computer was dead for a month til i gave up and bought a new one, then I have been on hols up nth nsw, glad you are all doing ok.

Hi All, Tara how are you? Any news about your daughter in law's op? Hope all are well also.

I saw my surgeon this week, and he was thrilled with my progress.

Life is good.

Susannah

Susannah you have done fantastic congratulations. I am currently in bed with the flu, been here a week after getting it while on hols up nth n.s.w. have to get over it v v quick as i am off to japan in 3 weeks. impossible to get travel insurance to cover anything band related so i am having my fill out the week before i go. at least this way i will be able to eat rice for the first time in over a year. still no new on d i l she is waiting patienctly for her number to come up but it certainly sounds like the 12 months she was told is just a standard reply which is pretty sad the surgeon wasnt more honest. his staff told her that he has no idea and that it is closer to 2 years. if she had known that at the beginning then she might have gone with winnett, but winnetts staff say there in no point changing if she has been on nottles list. i know i sure wont recognise you when we next meet. one-elle is organizing another get together at cranbourne but i will be away on a girls weekend so cant make it.

i have now decided to self pay for my band so i can stop waiting for my number to come on Dr.N's list of horror...im booked in for the 19th of october

Sam,

Wowwwwww. I seen you in Take 5. I cant believe how great you look. You are an inspiration to all of us. If only I could be as successful.

You Rock!!!! :clap2::clap2:

Hi all... Just checking in to say HI...

Susannah... wow, wow, wow... you are a champ. Isnt this band just the best. Not so long ago we were both commencing on this journey and here we are... happier, healthier and much lighter.

Hi All,

Its been a while for me and I've just finished reading last couple of pages of previous thread Wow!!! things did get heated I guess it was bound to happen to one of us, Chickie you handled it very well.

Hope all of you are doing well, I see so much progress from so many and it's great to see.

I have 4.5ml in my band at the moment and I'm struggeling a little as when I eat certain foods or drink say mineral Water or a glass of wine I get like a burning feeling and it's realy uncomfortable, I'm not due to see doc again til the end of the month does anyone have any suggestions until then??

Also is it possible to have something stuck over a long period of time, I had a problem with some steak and did alot of PB for approx 1hr but still feels like something stuck and that was nearly a week a go>

Help?? Any advice would be great.

Can't see Doc b4 then as he away and no-one within 4hrs of me can reduce the fill.

Thanks

Dionne

Hi Girls and Mark,

Sam which date were you in the mag? Would love to read all about that!

Bronnie, You are a little legend too mate. Keep up the good work.

Hi Aqua and Kel, Tara, Dionne and all.

Here are some pics of me, halfway to my destination.

Http://www.flickr.com/photos/shoshieboo

My best to you all.

Susannah

Susannah! 26, 20 & 16 are just beautiful! (they are all lovely, but they jump out at me, the lighting and poses are fantastic!) You are a very beautiful woman!

The article is in this weeks Take 5. The journo got a few things wrong, even after being corrected. Like the skin removed was the size of a tea-towel, not a beach towel, a beach towel is bigger than I am. I am training for a triathlon, not a marathon, there was no dammed scrimping to get the money together, we are not rich, but we can afford the few lousy thousand that the Tummy Tuck cost us, I wasn't "almost 150kg", close to 145? Yeah, at my biggest, but by the time I was banded I was about 125 -130kg.

DH took a month off after the TT, not the band, he was back at work the same week after the band... And just a few comments that weren't quite right. She took a lot of poetic licence. Lesson learned, don't talk to the media.

I have it scanned, and up on my personal web page (don't bother buying it, lol) Optus Member Website - sndbehan