Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aussie Bansters Chat Thread Part 2

She Smiles,

Now i understand,

As you can tell i,m a little slow.

I saw my surgeon this afternoon ,

As you know i was a little worried that my port didn,t feel " normal "

Well it is ,thank god ( or someone ) all is good and although i wasn,t interested in a fill. I talked myself into 1/2 ml.

So i,m a happy camper at the moment.

Mark.:clap2:

Christmas in July.??

Is anybody lucky enough to be invited to a party.??

Lucky Devils.

I talk to many that are going, but they are not close friends so there was no invites forthcoming.

That will teach me to have no mates, Just call me Scott.

Mark:cry

Hi Mark, Good news about your port. What are your plans now with the band? Do you still want to lose weight? Are you happy to stay at your current weight and just maintain? Do you find that you can have the occasional treat? Sorry about the 21 questions!!!!:)

Susannah

Hic, I'm having wine for dinner tonight, lol. Good bandster than I am. Protein first and all that, pooh.

Have several extra children, who are at present playing volleyball in my family room, which I have vacuumed 4 times today so far. Had to have pizza for dinner as a result, which I just absolutely dont want so I've had nothing but wine.

I went for a 10km run last night (the biggest run I've been on in ages) and have felt nauseous all day. I absolutely cannot eat, had a piece of cheese on a cracker for Breakfast, tried a toasted sandwich for lunch, ate about 1/4. Got an orange down at 4pm and have had wine for dinner.

Does anyone else find really vigorous exercise tightens them up considerably?

Its great because I was 77.7kg this mornign (lightest ever, woohoo) and will be again tomorrow. Normally when I see a really low weight I take it as licence to have a few treats!

Oh no Ses! That is annoying. Are you being banded publicly?Susannah

Yep... good old public system.

Hi Guy,s

I,m happy at the weight that i,m at , i look " normal ", But like most of us i would still like to lose another 5 kg.....Or so.

Occasional treat.Hmm There is not a day goes by that i DONT eat the equivalent of a packet of chocolate biscuits or a large block of chocolate.< /p>

If for any reason i have to lose my band i,m F!@#ed

I haven't learned a thing, sorry to say.

Jacquie , i wish i had your motivation. I used to run when i was a little younger and i loved going to all the fun runs and meeting different people.I do really miss it.

Hey i just found spell check. Now i might seam smarter, maybe.

Mark

hi all, after many many many stressful weeks of computer woes i am finally up and running ( computer wize not physically) hope it stays this way. glajd to see you are all still around. old spark i am particularly wanting info from you, i am off to japan in september and so far havent been able to find a company prepared to cover me travel insurance wise for the band. they will all happily cover me for for the rest of me but anything related to the band is out. did you take insurance that included the band when you went to vegas? i know at the valley they recommended a company zurich but when i called them they dont sell travel insurance only as a by product of having a gold credit card, and even with that there are the exclusions. please help old spark or someone else who has obtained insurance for the band. I know i can travel and not mention it but i prefer to be upfront. by the way I am going to a christmas in july dinner next sat night not really much point as i wont be eating anything of subnstance. you are welcome to come along too if you crave christmas in july!!! only thing old spark - no grog it is a church social group.

Hi Tarajane,

Ooops, i didnt even think to check if we are covered.

We just have the QBE insurance cover which some Qantas ( My wife Julie is an ex Qantas travell consulatant ) employees purchase.

I never thought to check to see if it covered things like the band or other artificial pats that i have.( No not my winky )

Shopping around will no doubt be pain staking.

Sorry i cant help.

Mark

Japan,

Japan sounds great, it,s one of only a few places i have never been to.

As you know it,s very expensive ,but looks oh so beautiful.

Why are you going there ,work or fun.?

Mark

For as long as i can remember my closet has been full of fat and not neerly as fat clothes ,all dull , dreary and loose fitting.

I cant bare to think what i used to look like in the past.

I was heavily (sic ) into the rave / dance sceene , other punters were bright and fluffy and me augh.

Sso this weekend i have cleared my closet out, 8 yes 8 big garbage bays of fat clothes all out ,even the baggy underdacks,

I basically only own :

work uniform.

1 jean

1 cargo

1 trackydacks

4 trusty tees

1 wind cheater

some sox and jacks

and a dress shirt

I even thru out my 20 year old Boss suit

On the plus side i found 20 dollars in a pants pocket , although that wont go far.

I feel naked but cleansed.:clap2:

Mark.

Why am i up at the crack of dawn.?

Well Jackson my 2 y/o woke up wet and after being changed he wanted ( screamed ) to play and watch DVD,s Max and Milly ,no Thomas, no Wiggles ,no,Jay Jay.

Mark.:help:

thanks for your replies old spark, bet you are glad you didnt think about the travel insurance. I have tried QBE who will accept other conditions but nothing related to the band.

Re Japan, I went for a month in 1995 when daughter was there for a 12 month rotary exchange, and again for 10 days over new year 2004. I managed to get some super cheap flights with jetstar just under 700 return from sydney and with the exchange rate so good couldnt resist the temptation to go back and see some new places and revisit some old. This time am taking 2 sisters along with me - wish me luck!!! invite for christmas in july is still open.