Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow, Tomorrow..you're only a day away!

How are feeling Nikikins??

Edited by TMG1980TMG

Yes, I want to know too! Let us know how you are doing! Hope everything went well for you :)

@ and manji2013, how are you doing?

@ and manji2013, how are you doing?

Oops! I have been chatting with Manji2013 so I forget ask on this thread! ????

Edited by TMG1980TMG

@Nikikins...how are you doing? We are all awaiting to hear how you did and how smooth recovery is going. Please do respond and hope you are on the road to recovery????. I tried to find her by clicking on her pic, but it is blank...?? Anyone speak with her?

Never mind!!! I found her but she's offline lol

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in responding. I figured I would wait until I had my laptop rather than trying to post everything from my phone.

Surgery went well. "piece of cake" according to my surgeon.

Recovery has been a struggle. I don't think I realized just how painful this surgery was, because I was not ready for the pain I am in. I was told that a Gastric Bypass is the second most painful surgery to a Hysterectomy, so I'm so incredibly glad that the hardest part is over.

I ended up having to stay an extra night because my blood pressure was high. My labs have been fantastic, my temperature was always good and so was my oxygen level, so we figured that the high BP was just my body responding to the trauma that it just endured on top of my anxiety (which was caused by the fact that my BP would not go down and nurses kept reminding me that im at risk for a stroke.) So they finally ended up giving me a low does of BP meds and things are now back to normal.

I have had no problems whatsoever with nausea or vomiting and am tolerating liquids well, although I am so tired of Jell-O lol

I finally got to go home today and while I'm still in a considerable amount of pain, it's tolerable. Since I'm allergic to Vicodin, they sent me home with Tylenol w/ COdeine that makes me so sleepy.

I appreciate everyone checking in and making sure that I'm ok. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have the "what have I gotten myself into" thought, because i have, but I know it'll get better. I think once I get past the next few days, I'll feel a lot better.

Thanks again for checking in everyone :) oxoxoxox

So happy to hear from you! Keep up the positive thoughts and the pain will subside. Glad to hear no nausea or vomiting, that's a positive sign.

I am three days from surgery and getting very nervous!

Yay! Happy to hear you're okay and that everything went well. I promise you it will be a LOT better every day. Very soon you'll barely remember how much it hurt the first few daysm keep us updated and take care of yourself. <3 ????

@ I am so glad you are ok and that the surgery went well. I am so sorry that you are in pain. It will improve with time.

The pain worse than hysterectomy? Oh my gosh!!! I thought my port removal was horrible pain. I wonder if it is in comparison or better than that! Can they give you Popsicles instead of Jello?

@Nikikins. Welcome home!! I am so glad to hear that you are doing ok. I was really beginning to worry. Frightening with the bp being so high. Did you have high bp before? I have had a full hysterectomy a couple summers ago so this info is very helpful. I am currently In the insurance waiting for an approval stage and beyond stressed with anxiety over that. I am so glad yours is over and now officially on the losers bench!!????. Can you tell us how your hunger is? Are you hungry at all and what would you say is the hardest part so far? Thanks Nikikins so happy to hear you are ok!????

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in responding. I figured I would wait until I had my laptop rather than trying to post everything from my phone.

Surgery went well. "piece of cake" according to my surgeon.

Recovery has been a struggle. I don't think I realized just how painful this surgery was, because I was not ready for the pain I am in. I was told that a Gastric Bypass is the second most painful surgery to a Hysterectomy, so I'm so incredibly glad that the hardest part is over.

I ended up having to stay an extra night because my blood pressure was high. My labs have been fantastic, my temperature was always good and so was my oxygen level, so we figured that the high BP was just my body responding to the trauma that it just endured on top of my anxiety (which was caused by the fact that my BP would not go down and nurses kept reminding me that im at risk for a stroke.) So they finally ended up giving me a low does of BP meds and things are now back to normal.

I have had no problems whatsoever with nausea or vomiting and am tolerating liquids well, although I am so tired of Jell-O lol

I finally got to go home today and while I'm still in a considerable amount of pain, it's tolerable. Since I'm allergic to Vicodin, they sent me home with Tylenol w/ COdeine that makes me so sleepy.

I appreciate everyone checking in and making sure that I'm ok. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have the "what have I gotten myself into" thought, because i have, but I know it'll get better. I think once I get past the next few days, I'll feel a lot better.

Thanks again for checking in everyone :) oxoxoxox

I'm so Happy for you!! May you recovery quick..

Happy dance! Glad you are doing well. Hate to hear that it was so painful and that your bloop pressure went as crazy as it did! Good luck with the next few weeks! Joining you on the bench on the 23!

@@vhude I am so excited for you!! Thank you for checking in and keep us updated on your surgery progress as well :)

@@Cervidae I couldn't agree with you more! The pain is still there, but as each day passes I am finding myself to be a bit more mobile than the day before. My biggest struggle right now is standing up straight, but each day it gets better. So I know that there is a light at the end of this pain tunnel! Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, I really appreciate them!! :)

@@Dream4tc I did enjoy some sugar free popsicles in the hospital instead of Jell-O more often than not LOL The Jell-O that they serve is not really Jell-o so to speak, it was more like a meltaway..so as soon as you put it in your mouth it sort of dissolved. It was strange, but I lived off of that, broth and diluted juice. I was able to move to a Full liquid diet last night, so I started off small with 1/4 cup of applesauce..and I can tolerate it! HOORAY! LOL Today I'm going to try to add a sprinkle of cinnamon and see what happens. The pain is ridiculous, but I am learning that day by day it does get better. For a while I was really regretful, but with all the rest I'm able to get and the short walks I am taking, I'm feeling better. Thank you for checking in!

@@Anxious2beme Hey you! Thank you for checking in! No, I did not have high bp before the surgery at all. I was actually a pretty "healthy" fat girl, for all intents and purposes, which is why they believe the High BP was just my body responding to the pain/trauma that my body underwent and my anxiety. As far as hunger, I don't have any! And it sucks because if I had my way, I just wouldn't eat, so I have to learn to remind myself to eat a meal! My husband is constantly reminding me and I'm always sipping on Water. It has been a bit overwhelming trying to train yourself to "sip" your drinks instead of "gulp" or take a bite of food every 1-2 minutes or so, but I believe it will soon become normal. The hardest part for me so far is really just the pain (and not being able to sleep on my side). The pain was more than I ever imagined it would be! Slowly but surely though, it's getting better! Thank you so much for checking in and the kind words!

@@heathmcw74 Thank you!!!

@@DeLiGhTfUlLy DeTeRmInEd Thank you!!

@@choosehope So happy for you! The 23rd is my 15th wedding anniversary so it's going to be a GREAT day! I wish you the best of luck and look forward to hearing how you do :) Thank you for the kind words and encouragement!!

So just for a quick update: I can tolerate applesauce, woot woot! I am keeping my Water down, woot woot! I am going to start on my Protein shakes today and try some Soup & sugar free pudding. I am hoping that I can tolerate everything because the thought of throwing up scares me to death right now because of pain. I can't even sneeze or laugh right now without my stomach/abdomen screaming at me to STOP! LOL

I use the abdominal binder a lot for support now that I'm home. In the hospital, I felt like it was more of a hindrance than it was a help. without the binder, I don't think I'd be able to get up out of bed. I just can't wait for the day that I can lay on my side comfortably, because my neck and back hurt like hell!

I am so thankful for all of you :) xoxoxox