Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food menu?!?!? Bored already

My surgery was 7/20 so far I'm down 46lbs but I am trying hard to keep concentrated n focus but I'm so tired of mash potatoes Soup yogurt etc need to get creative. I hoping you guys would share what are the things you have been eating so I can get an idea of what to try :(

Are you still on purees?

These were pretty much my staples on soft/purees: I had chicken salad almost every day for lunch during that stage. The canned chicken breast is soft/moist enough and makes it really fast and easy to prepare. tuna salad. Ricotta cheese with some Marinara sauce. Refried Beans with Sharp cheddar and a little salsa. I was allowed Tilipia on my soft food/puree stage. Soft scrambled egg. Cottage cheese.

I am just a week out from my surgery date, so I am trying a bunch of recipes to see what I may come up with.

Yesterday I made a casserole type dish that would be a puree blend. LOL

Puree or diced tomatoes, then ricotta cheese, then mashed cauliflower, then chopped spinach, topped with some mushrooms. A bit of Cabela's seasoning and it was delish!

I love ricotta and mashed cauliflower.

At your place in time (4 1/2 weeks) I was just starting regular cooked foods. Except for cauliflower and extremely spicy things like jalepeno, I could eat any moist meat or non-starchy veg I wanted, although in a far reduced quantity from the old me. At the soft stage, I was already eating the same variety, but broken down in the blender.

Hopefully you will be on regular foods soon. It will help you to get to a more normal schedule of eating. It helped me to make casseroles and crockpot dishes, because they could cook up pretty soft.

The two free online cookbooks below have a variety of recipes for your food stage. The books are organized into food stages liquid, full liquid, pureed, soft foods, normal, etc.

Each cookbook can be printed out (no copyright) and is a few hundred pages. I went to Kinko's to print it out, punch hole all the pages, and place in a binder for easy viewing. It's a great resource to have when you want something a little different to eat or feel creative in the kitchen.

http://www.chicoweig...ookJuly2014.pdf

http://www.mybaribud...46/cookbook.pdf

I'm still on puree but just been eating like mashed potatoes Soup yogurt. This week I have switched it up a bit I had talapia went down pretty smooth, chilli and boiled egg for Breakfast my problem is obviously I have to learn how to eat n make healthier foods but I'm clueless n I have no imagination it sounds like u guys are not afraid to try different things I have never heard of tuna with cottage cheese :/ then again I am Puerto Rican n I was brought up on just out typical rice n Beans dishes lol not sure if it makes sense but since no rice no Pasta idk I have no clue sheesh I am afraid of getting discourage n start eating the wrong things.

Monday makes my 6th week I am a bit frustrated n beginning to stress becoming a bit negative thinking i won't lose any more weight or again going back to bad habits :(