Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had My Surgery Tuesday August 25th

Hi everyone I'm officially crossed over to post-op. I had my surgery on Tuesday August 25th and I am doing absolutely great. I have no nausea, no vomiting and gas is mild. I also thank God that I didn't experience any complications Any other August 25th Sleevers out there? If so let me know how you all are doing!

8/25 Sleever here and I'm feeling pretty good. Warm broth has been my best friend. Glad to see you're doing well!

8/25 sleever too. Feeling ok. I have more gas than normal. Warm liquids seem to help. Do either of you get pains in your chest when you drink?

Yess!! Omg I thought it had something to do with my lungs and the stress of surgery. I've been using the incentive spirometer given to me in the hospital to work on my lungs and get out any Fluid. It's been helping as well. post-260600-14408041086313_thumb.jpg

Hi Group, August 20 here.. I m feeling great still have some tiredness when I do chores around the house.. Drinking 8 cups of liquid per day and having 30-45 g of Proteins per day.. (Smoothie with frozen fruit, 2% milk and Protein powder) I really hate Protein Shakes .. I love warm homemade clear Soup, ( I cooked a big batch with real chicken breast and vegetable for flavor )and Decaf coffee with 2% milk no sugar( I used to like my coffee sweet now I hate it) my incision are healing very nice and I have lost 10 pounds in one wk. I miss solid food I cannot wait for the next stage.

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well - I'm so nervous about my upcoming surgery 9/2 - I'm super nervous about the pain/nausea - despite my fear I'm still going through with it but any helpful hints are greatly appreciated :) Thanks and again I'm so happy you are doing so great!

I had surgery the 19 and have not had one issue with my recovery. I lost quite a bit of weight during my 8 months insurance preop but have not lost a huge amount since and it seems disappointing. I eat so little that I was hoping it to come off as fast as I could put it on in the past.

Have others had these issues? Weight loss before and slow loss after?

Just had 1 week check up and they were so happy I had no issues at all.

Aug 25 here. Amazed at how quickly I've recovered. When I came out of anesthesia the pain was unbearable and it took quite a while for them to find the right dosage and pain med combo to make me more comfortable. Who knew that 2 days later I'd be able to quite happily get off all meds. Gas is manageable. Having trouble getting my Protein down because shakes make me gag but working through it. No problems getting in my fluids. Get tired very quickly but that's to be expected. So all in all doing extremely well.

Aug 25th, so 4 days out. I can't lay flat on my back or I get heartburn. I've been sleeping in my chair. Hurts to get up and down or move around. Although, once I start walking it doesn't hurt much. Pushing at all on the toilet hurts. But, everything that hurts, hurts much less than yesterday, so whatever.

Sleeved on the 24th and I hate to say my recovery has been a rocky road. I also had a hietal hernia repair, which could be the cause of most of my discomfort. Still hard to get any liquids down, Sleevie (I named my stomach????) hates almost everything. Each day is better but it has been a struggle for me. I'm so glad many of you are doing well! You are my inspiration in that it will get better eventually.

It will get better! I had a hiatal hernia repaired too but that hasn't given me any trouble. Today I've struggled with the taste of pretty much everything. Protein Shakes taste horrible, diluted fruit juice and teas leave a nasty taste. The only thing that I'm truly enjoying is strained wonton Soup with a teeny bit of unflavored Protein. If that's what it takes to get me through then that's what I'll have!

I had a hernial repaired also my doctor told me that heartburn Might disappeared ...crossing finger. It took me all morning to drink my Protein smoothie (5 oz- 30g protein) and I struggled with my Water intake i was only able to drink 42 oz. today I wanted to eat so bad.

Sleeved on the 24th and I hate to say my recovery has been a rocky road. I also had a hietal hernia repair, which could be the cause of most of my discomfort. Still hard to get any liquids down, Sleevie (I named my stomach????) hates almost everything. Each day is better but it has been a struggle for me. I'm so glad many of you are doing well! You are my inspiration in that it will get better eventually.

radiant you will be fine.. I love her name sleevie

Aug 25th, so 4 days out. I can't lay flat on my back or I get heartburn. I've been sleeping in my chair. Hurts to get up and down or move around. Although, once I start walking it doesn't hurt much. Pushing at all on the toilet hurts. But, everything that hurts, hurts much less than yesterday, so whatever.

are you taking anything for heartburn some surgeons usually prescribe medication for it.

Yes, and it's not super painful, just kind of uncomfortable, and a little weird feeling, when I lay flat on my back. Just feels better to sleep in my chair for now. I did forget one night to take the acid meds, that probably didn't help.