Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aussie girl sleeve Fri 28 August!

Good luck. Eill catch up on the other side!

Morning from London! Thinking of you - hope all has gone well and that the drugs are great! Mwah!

Hi. It's the middle of the night after. It's ok! Better than I expected. Nausea but no vomiting, shoulder tip pain worse at time than belly pain. Hot packs help. Got my button friend to help too. Can sip sip sip. Yay. Feeling glad I did it! Thanks for all the support!!

Congrats on starting your journey. Pls keep us posted with PICS along the way!

-RC-

24 hours on and I feel great. Tired from being woken hourly overnight but pain is minimal. Just showered myself and went for a big walk. Already managed 700ml Fluid since midnight. Sip sip the way to go

Well done. Now the fun begins! Are you in Sydney?

Hi from Brisbane, sounds like you're doing well, congratulations on the start of this amazing journey. Had my surgery end of February and am down 27 kilos, still have about 30 kilos to go, cant believe how I managed to carry all that extra weight around, don't regret this op for a single second. I'm excited for you hope you keep feeling well, be kind to yourself over the next couple weeks. I look forward to hearing how you are going

Thanks Lizcan. I am in Sydney. Thanks for the encouragement too Books! Can't imagine what 30kg down will feel like! But already checking out online the sort of clothes I used to wear and can't wait to shop in the 'skinny girl' shops! To be able to buy underwear from Bras n Things!

I can't believe it takes 30 mins to drink soup! But it tastes so good!

Did anyone else keep it a secret from family?

Hi! I'm Sydney too, I'm getting sleeved in early November. I too am a nurse so like you I know the worst case scenarios which play over and over in my mind. Good luck with your surgery, let me know how you go!

Edited by NaomiAus

Hey. It's all good news. I've been in one night and should be going home tomorrow. Think I tried to drink a bit too much today as feeling a bit gassy tonight but all the worst case scenarios I read about - vomiting blood, lots of pain- none of it happened. I feel so much better than I expected and reckon I'll only need a week off work not the 2 recommended. BUT I will wait till I get home and into kids and jobs and trying free fluids then purée. Will stay in touch on here!!

Still all good. Home sweet home! Loved yogurt today! Still having occasional wind pains and can feel the gas running around my body. Some diarrhea today as well but guess that's expected after only fluids. A little disappointed I came out of hospital at same weight but it's only been 2 days after all!!

Hi Smileygal, congrats on your big step. I'm glad to hear your surgery went well and your recovering nicely at home. My surgery is set for Oct 16th. Can't come soon enough but feels like ages away.

Congrats on your surgery and all the best for a smooth recovery, keep us informed on your progress!