Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aussie girl sleeve Fri 28 August!

Well done Smileygirl. That's wonderful. I had my three month check and have lost 51% of my excess fat. Woohoo this is awesome!

Hi smileygal

Sounds like you're doing very well. Good on you!

I am from Sydney too....Greystanes to be specific.

I did the sleeve 18th Feb '15 & started pre-op liquid diet 4th Jan....I have lost 44kgs & feeling awesome. Still have 16kgs to go.

Well done & good luck on your journey ????

Im in Newcastle... Would love it to have a buddy here!!

Welcome Therese & whisper! 44kg in 9 months Therese!! You are doing amazing! I want to lose 40 but thought it would take 18 months. What do you eat now and are you excercising?? And Lizcan!! 50% in 3 months!! Please share what you're doing too re diet and exercise

I have eaten a smoothie with berries, Protein Powder, almond milk and yogurt for Breakfast. I also put nature's way super greens powder in as well so I am getting some veg and then Protein all day. Exercise wise I started doing weights to keep my muscle mass up. I have only lost 2kg of muscle. I have just started running and cycling.

Hello Sydney Peeps, so nice to see there are a few of us here. I'm from Maroubra. Had my surgery on 11 June and down 22 kilos, 10 kilos to go. Looking forward to summer this year.

I walk 30-40mins 5 days a week...even when on holidays!!

I eat Protein 1st...then veggies & then carbs. I generally stay away from bread, Pasta & rice or any other foods that are high in carbs/sugar.

I only drink Water & herbal tea...my only indulgence is a small skim milk flat white daily lol. I also have a Protein Shake daily.

I eat alot of egg, tuna, chicken, fish & red meats....then broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, Beans etc. You eventually learn to use alternative ingredients & make different choices. When i snack, its raw nuts, yoghurt & pork crackles ????

Its not as hard as it seems...you'll do fine ☺

2 weeks post op yesterday!! Had my follow up appointment with Dr & dietician - I am a 'model' patient! Eating 1-2 purée meals per day plus shake and yogurt for Snacks. Wounds all healing. Not much weight lost in last few days. Not sure why. But ok with it as I don't want to lose too fast. Back to work Monday. Good energy levels. Looking forward to soft food at the end of this week and doing some lunchtime walking. How are you all doing??

I was on fluids for a few days then puree/liquid food for a week, the soft food like salmon and casseroles for a week and then normal. I am ten weeks out and haven't eaten bread or Pasta yet, but I could. Just trying to keep the carbs down.

Hi Reetz. I was super nervous too but all has gone so easily honestly. If you've given birth 3 times, you will cope. The biggest realization for me has been how little you need to eat and how little you can eat at first. But I don't feel really hungry and have plenty of energy x