Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burping & Farting

You guys are hilarous. My husband had surgery on 7/27 and every time he moved he farted. He kept telling me that "My turn would come".

I used to have a gay roommate when I lived in Southern California. The word "fart" horrified him and sent him into a coma since he had never farted in his entire life. I think he finally let one loose in 1994 in his bedroom, which was the epicenter of the Northridge Earthquake. Certain things simply must be set free. What more can I say?

He was gay and had never let air out? That sounds fishy to me. Someone's not telling the truth! Unless he was celebant (sp?)

Thank you ever so much, DeLarla, for enlightening us! I now have plenty of brilliant conversation openers to keep people away from me on the train and at cocktail parties (in case a particularly fragrant fart doesn't do the trick).

He was gay and had never let air out? That sounds fishy to me. Someone's not telling the truth! Unless he was celebant (sp?)

lmao, lisa-- wanna splain this?? lmao

I feel like I'm missing out on something here. I have minimum burping or farting. Honest! I do feel like I have a gurgling perculator in my esophagus when I eat. Now if I can get through this Weekend in Galveston w/7 other Bandsters (who will rat me out in a heart beat)! Hopefully my 5 months of nongas relief won't decide to explode, wiping out the seawall, and creating a worse Natural Disaster than the 1900 Galveston Hurricane.

Hey Marie..Someone who feels like me! But, I can't fart...I don't have a colon!

OK, I do get gas....but it's not a green sustained kiss of Roses..

Vera, are you saying I'm semi-normal? I have colon polyps that get reamed out every year. Maybe that clears the gass out. Thank you for making me feel loved and included here! LOL

Hey, I thought about you so many times, when I tried to find a long sleeve sweater to fit and the sleeves hang down to the floor. Just who are they making these things for? LOL

Get my drift?

Marie I hate those long sleve sweaters, just because they make clothes bigger, why do they make the sleeves longer? LOLOL and now it's still the same

were not monkeys

what's with the .3? your 180...

Hey Michelle, I am getting in on the tail-end of the conversation. haha I tooooooooooo have gas very bad, it rumbles like a freight train, and I don't burp either. I figured that the absence of burping was causing the excess gas in my tummy. I live on Phazyme, take 2 caps everyday, and sometimes more, depending on what I eat. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

Happy Tooting to Everyone....................... Toot Toot............... :banana

Phew,

It has taken me some time to be able to post to this thread. I'm telling you my incisions hurt like hell from laughing.

Now since your all being honset here I'm not going to muck up the Water with falsehoods. I fart/burp on command. Alway have and always will. But this surgery has actually made it easier(if that was possible) but the down side is it is unpredictable.

I am an instructor at one of the local colleges part time and one of the classes I teach is with the Police Academy. There I was three weeks after surgery standing in front of 53 students when I dropped the earser I was holding. Since bending over and picking things up has gotten to be a much easier task I had no fear of bending and struggling to reach the floor. So smiled to myself and said "watch this" as I bent to pick up the eraser. Just as I reached the maximun point of bend I realized that I was in serious trouble as I knew what was comming.

Oh boy was that embarrassing. Took the class at least 15 minutes to settle back down. Will take me the rest of my life LOL

Butt if having more gas and louder rectal amplification is the worst side effect of this surgery then I'll just life with it.

Of course I understand the married ladies her farting but how is it the single ladies due. I heard it said until you ladies marry you don't have an ---hole.

I was quite proud of my burping abilities pre banding. During my first week post op, not a burp came out. It made me very sad. Would I never burp again? Then the swelling went down and (can I get a glory) they came back!

Proud to say I'm burping and farting as well as I was before my band.