Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pictures from lovemeacb4e or aka baby cheeks(pictures)

Here is a update on my weight loss. So far I have lost 12pds in 1 month I have had 2 fills. You will find on my website that i have some pictures that i took a little bit after my surgery and then the next group of pictures in the different photo albulm are the most recent. I can tell the weight is going away in my face. Please excuse some of my pictures. Some of them are sideways and i cannot figure out how to turn them. Let me know what your feedback is.   http://photos.yahoo.com/lovemeacb4e :D

I Think Everyone Is Different With The Fill Situation. My Doctor Didn't Mind Giving Me Two Fills Within A Month. I Guess He Done This Because I Healed Quickly And I Asked For The Fill. I Guess If You Go To The Doctors Office And Ask For The Fill All They Can Do Is Say No Or Yes. I Guess As Long As You Are Feeling Well And You Are Progressing Great Than They Don't Mind. I Did Stay On liquids The First Day After My Fill. But The Next Day I Went Back To Regular food. I Just Could Not Eat As Much. I Have Noticed A Difference With My Fills Because I Sometimes Get Choked When I Try And Eat chicken Or Some Other Foods That May Be Thick. I Do Find Myself Drinking With My Meals Instead Of 30 Minutes Afterwards Because I Do Get Choked Alot Even If I Chew. The Good Thing Is That I Am Still Losing Weight While I Drink With My Meals Even Though This Is A No No! I Believe Everyone Is Different In What They Do. I Have Change My Choices On What I Eat. I No Longer Eat Sweets Or Alot bread. This Has Helped Alot. If You Have Any More Questions Feel Free To Ask!

. I Have Noticed A Difference With My Fills Because I Sometimes Get Choked When I Try And Eat chicken Or Some Other Foods That May Be Thick. I Do Find Myself Drinking With My Meals Instead Of 30 Minutes Afterwards Because I Do Get Choked Alot Even If I Chew. The Good Thing Is That I Am Still Losing Weight While I Drink With My Meals Even Though This Is A No No! !
This is not being 'choked'. This is restriction, which is exactly why we get the band, to STOP us from eating. The reason behind NOT drinking during meals is so that you won't wash it through but to let it sit in your pouch as long as possible so that you don't feel hungry. I realize habits are hard to break, but that is why we had to resort to being banded - so it would help us to break these habits that got us where we are. If you work against the band, you will most assuredly wind up with some disappointment. Please be kind to your band and listen to what it is trying to tell you. You are very new at this and can do damage to yourself and your band by going against the rules and forcing your food on through when it is clearly showing you restriction(which means STOP eating).

I really hope you will discuss with your doctor again about post op foods and fills. I understand everyone is different, but your band is meant to last for a lifetime and this early behavior may very well cause you problems. I'm not meaning to be harsh, I am just concerned that you feel somehow the rules of the band do not apply to you and having been around now for well over 3 yrs, I've only seen this come to a bad end. Please read Inameds Patient handbook, clarify with your doctor how he feels about washing food through with drinking during eating. Remind him that he has given you two fills way before most bandsters and make sure he realizes you are so early post-op. Sometimes they don't even remember who we are, they just do what we ask them, which could really get us into big trouble if it's not the right thing to do.

http://www.inamed.com/pdf/health/94829F_LB_Patient_Book.pdf

Please read the patient food recommendations and fill information recommended by the manufacturer of the band.

I DID SPEAK TO MY DOCTOR ABOUT DRINKING BETWEEN MEALS AND THEY STATED THAT IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR food IS STUCK EITHER YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO THROW UP OR DRINK SOMETHING SO IT CAN TRY AND GO DOWN TO RELIVE THE PRESSURE. I GOT CHOKED ON THE chicken WITH MY FIRST BITE. IT WAS NOT RESTRICTION BECAUSE I HAD NOT ATE ANYTHING THAT DAY SO I HAD NOTHING IM MY POUCH. IT WAS PROBLY BECAUSE I DID NOT CHEW IT AS SMALL AS I SHOULD HAVE SO IT GOT STUCK. ALSO MY DOCTOR IS AWARE OF HIM GIVING ME TWO FILLS IN A MONTH. THEY FELT THAT I WAS READY FOR IT. I DON'T BELIEVE THAT THEY WOULD DO ANYTHING TO ME IF IT WAS GOING TO HARM ME BECAUSE THERE WOULD BE MAJOR CONSEQUENCES. SO FAR I FEEL GREAT. I ALSO STOP EATING WHEN I AM SUPPOSE TO, I DO NOT FIGHT MY RESTRICTION. THAT IS A NO NO. I NO BETTER THAN THAT. I JUST NEED TO CHEW MY food BETTER WHEN I AM EATING.

I APPRECIATE YOU FEEDBACK.

TALK TO YOU LATER

:straight :squareeye :glasses

Loveme, I'm trying to figure out the reasons for your posts. Apparently, you're not interested in following the banding rules. Why did you get a band and how do you expect it to work? Who is giving you your fills, if not your dr.? I realize that you're very young, but please take some responsiblity and take care of yourself!! I'm sure your husband doesn't want you to die!

The Band Is Working Fine. My Doctors Name Is Charles Morton At Southern Hills Medical Center In Nashville Tn And He Is Aware Of Everything That Is Going On. I have taken responsibility for myself I Got The Band To Loose Weight And It is Working. If my post are not to your agreement please do not reply with negativity.

Im so shocked that your Dr. would give you two fills being a month post op just because you felt good and wanted them. That is insane! I wonder how many bands your Dr. has placed. Not following the rules only leads to bad things..like slippage..erosion. I'm sure you do not want either of those thing to happen to you do you? Yes every Dr. is different..but yours is the extreme..All of us here have different Dr's and not one of them would do 2 fills a month post op I can guarantee that statement!!!!!! The rules of banding were put in place for a reason...do'nt jeopardize your band. You seem to think you are invincible and your Dr's word is law..Read your Inamed handbook that he gave you at surgery, that is if he gave it to you.

hope to ease some of the tension... i had my band only 7-8 weeks when they gave me a fill, be cause, i felt very little difference with the band than without it... what a difference with the fill....

i'll ask my question again... what would you all do...... my fill was 2cc.... my weight loss is not that great 37lbs. since march... i'm wondering if i need another fill... but i don't want to throw up on a regular basis....

RO, your first fill was right on shecdule..most docs will not give a fill until atleast 6 weeks post op..some may do it at 4-5 weeks post op but ..I do not know of any other Dr. that would give 2 fills within a month post op. That is insane to do a fill 2 weeks post op you are hardly healed. Every Dr. is different..I'm just glad I chose the Dr. I chose. Ro, check out this site, it is all about how to tell if you are adjusted properly..

http://lapbandtransformation.com/Adjustments.htm

So many people think they need a fill when in reality al lthey need is an attitude adjustment instead of a band adjustment. Me included..I have adjusted my attitude and am on track again and have canceled my fil lappointment that was scheduled for Nov 15th..I have 2cc's in my band and I'm losing 1-3 lbs a week. I'm content with that. This is not a race but a journey...Being filled too tight can cause many problems..problems I'm not willing to risk. I love my band and I want it for as long as possible, so I'm following all the rules the best I can!

hope to ease some of the tension... i had my band only 7-8 weeks when they gave me a fill, be cause, i felt very little difference with the band than without it... what a difference with the fill....

i'll ask my question again... what would you all do...... my fill was 2cc.... my weight loss is not that great 37lbs. since march... i'm wondering if i need another fill... but i don't want to throw up on a regular basis....

Your loss is well within the 'average' range of being banded. Especially if you take the first 6 weeks (before a fill) off. So do not be discouraged by that. You're doing great! Now, if you are still able to eat anything and as much volume as you want, then you may need a fill. The questions in the link posted are all good questions to answer. Then I think you'll have a pretty good idea of which way to go from there. It's not that having fills is a bad thing. The band is designed to use the fills. But, overfilling, as opposed to making better food choices is risky business.

It's all a learning curve, for all of us. Even the docs, which concerns me when I hear of some new protocol, like skipping the basics of healing time or allowing their patient to go straight to solid foods right away. I can't help but wonder what their motive is? Possibly return business? Makes one wonder.. :)

thank you all i have been on a little bit of an attitude down... i've been eating some things i shouldn't,,,, kids halloween candy etc. but,,,,,, i had to go to a funeral and wake... in the evening... we were on the run, i was only able to eat 3/4 of a hamburger (small one $.99) the next day at the repass i ate a whole plate of food...including salad, chicken macaroni, that's why i'm questioning another fill.... but again,,, i'm having problems with throwing up lately, and i don't want to make if worse with another fill.... but sometimes i feel i can eat alot...and don't have that really full feeling for long. please give me some thoughts... thanks

LOVEMEACB4E,

I don't think anyone actually wants to see harm come to you but you have definitely taken a LOT of risks that we were told not to take by our surgeons. Don't be alarmed when we are shocked at your surgeons protocol. The first six weeks are meant for healing ONLY and we all suffered discomfort from hunger during that time and many people do not lose weight at all during that time. Even I (who have yet to have my first fill 6 MONTHS out) was starving the first 6 weeks until I was on solid food. Don't be offended because people are concerned enough to comment... You may not have asked us our opinion but you did want to update us, and I think we were all still recovering from the shock of you getting the first fill within 4 weeks and eating solid food VERY shortly after your initial surgery. Take care, Teresa

Oh my goodness!! Two fills in a month? I was banded in April and just had my 2nd fill yesterday, December 10th. Yes, everyone is different, but I am very concerned about you, Loveme, as has been stated here, erosion and slippage are very scary effects of not using your band properly. Please listen to the "older" bandsters, they speak from real experience and as I have been reading their posts for over a year now, they truly know of what they speak!!