Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like eating too much?

Hi guys I feel like I'm eating too much. I'm 10 days post op.

I can drink 1-2 Protein shakes, 2-3 oz of cottage cheese, pureed meat, or yogurt 3x a day, a bowl of Soup. And I still want to eat :(

I read people who can just take a bite of Jello and get full. Or drink half a glass of Protein and get full. But I can't do that.

How much could you guys eat??

I was just like this. I'm about 8 weeks now and down about 30lbs. I can eat everything. Don't wait to feel "full" eat until you are satisfied. This has taken a mind adjustment for me too. I realize I can eat 2-3 oz of meat and some protein and some veg and be satisfied but not full. I am easily keeping my calories at 800 day and getting at least 60-80 grams of protein. That's all you need! No need for pain and discomfort to be successful!

I can drink 1-2 Protein shakes, 2-3 oz of cottage cheese, pureed meat, or yogurt 3x a day, a bowl of Soup. And I still want to eat :(

I read people who can just take a bite of Jello and get full. Or drink half a glass of Protein and get full. But I can't do that.

I'm in ur shoes..has it gotten any better since u posted last..I swear I feel like completely eating something crazy to see if I get sick..I feel like something is wrong.im hungry food goes down way to easy and now I'm scared. . My sx was 8,18 and I'm only down 9 pnds from sx 10 from liquid diet
Hi Samiro, no it has not. Today I cracked I could eat 8 oz of crab corn soup, another 4oz of crab with mayo another 4 oz of fish it was just ridiculous and I am only 3 weeks out.im in the pureed soft stage

I can eat more than a normal sleever ugh!!!

I'm so happy to hear from u hysterical crying this morning so ur post helped.i actually called my docs office n he's on vacation so I talked to office staff told her I feel like something is wrong..idsm eating with no problem I'm actually almost pushing myself to see idsm idsm will ever get the full feeling or get sick..that's how bad I am..I woke up this am and ate 2 eggs scam bled with cheese n guess what No problem. .why is this happening to me.. im.so down

I'm in ur shoes..has it gotten any better since u posted last..I swear I feel like completely eating something crazy to see if I get sick..I feel like something is wrong.im hungry food goes down way to easy and now I'm scared. . My sx was 8,18 and I'm only down 9 pnds from sx 10 from liquid diet
Your surgery was 9 days ago and you are "only" down 9 pounds? That's a pound a day!!!! How the heck much were you expecting to lose!?!?!?
Oh I just realized this. Yeah. 9 lbs in 9 days is phenomenal.

I know I am eating healthy and I do exercise I know what ur saying but I am just disappointed this early I have to have this much control and this conscious it's like I was b4 the sx only now I have 5 scars and a major sx under my belt..I'm just upset..I'm haven't lost anymore weight .. waiting to see Dr next Tuesday. .

Wagyu ... I don't really.know how to work this but keep in touch..we can be a good support system cause regardless were gonna do this cause I will not allow self tow fail regardless of sx not doing what I thought it would..oxoxo

I wanna comment, guys. I've had my sleeve surgery 4 days ago. So far, I've not been allowed to even drink, I'm on IV fluids only. First day of liquids is tomorrow.

For a GS the surgeon is usually instructed to remove 85% of the stomach. Some people's stomach was soooo huge, that even the remaining 15% is a big chunk. Can you eat an entire cheesecake? Lets not try it!!!!! Even the nuttiest surgeons don't recommend normal foods for a while. Please stick to your diet, because leak problems may arise in the first few months. The last thing you want is a leak and another surgery!

Don't try how much your pouch can hold. You jeopardize your health (leak) and may stretch your pouch so it will get bigger. Promise to follow guidelines.

Can drinking too much Water stretch it? I drink more than I can eat. And everytime I drink it hurts but when I eat it doesn't. It's mind baffling

I am 11 days post op and can barely manage a 1/4 of Soup at a sitting. I do get two Protein shakesin per day but it takes FOREVER to get them down. I am just strictly liquids at this point andadvance to purees on Monday. My NUT said to focus of fluids and walking for the first week and then start with getting as much Protein Shake in as I can. It takes time and that why each stage is several weeks. It allows your sleeve to adjust I guess ..

I am in the same boat. I only lost 9lbs since surgery 8/3. I am already feeling like a failure. I am so depressed. Sent my NUT food diaries and she has not gotten back to me yet. i feel like i am doing something wrong. I am totally sticking to the food plan. Went to a support group last night, someone said they are down 30 lbs in 6 weeks and she/he does not, repeat does not, stick to the food plan, now that's not fair, and she totally admits it. She does not even keep a journal of her food. I would love to have the answer. Next week is chopped food and I am terrified, and I am always, almost always hungry. Looking for a new therapist also. Good luck to both of us. I am getting in my Protein, but trying to up the fluids.

I am in the same boat. I only lost 9lbs since surgery 8/3. I am already feeling like a failure. I am so depressed. Sent my NUT food diaries and she has not gotten back to me yet. i feel like i am doing something wrong. I am totally sticking to the food plan. Went to a support group last night, someone said they are down 30 lbs in 6 weeks and she/he does not, repeat does not, stick to the food plan, now that's not fair, and she totally admits it. She does not even keep a journal of her food. I would love to have the answer. Next week is chopped food and I am terrified, and I am always, almost always hungry. Looking for a new therapist also. Good luck to both of us. I am getting in my Protein, but trying to up the fluids.

You are doing WELL! 9 lbs in 25 days is great. Who cares if its not that fast?! As long as you only lose weight and not gain. People have different metabolic rates (look it up if you don't know) hence respond to food in different way. Journal is a good idea. Tell us your daily intake on an average day.

Thats crazy! I feel you! I have someone who had surgery the same day and she doesn't stick to the plan at all, eating rice bread meats.... And she lost more than me by 10 lbs or so isn't that crazy? And I was pretty good for a few weeks then I'm like.... Really how is this possible? Is her metabolism 10x better than mine? Crazyy. Let's support each other through this it's really tough I know

You are still on liquids Soup yogurt etc are all liquids. Sounds like your stomach just empties faster rather than stretching it or it's too big. Eat 3 times a day slowly stop at 20 minutes or less if u have already finished your amount of food recommend by your nut. You should feel more restriction when on more solid food.

Hoo boy!

Why are some of you newbies going all drama llama because you've lost *only* 10 pounds your first month post-op? That's exactly how much I lost my first month post-op -- and what I lost Month 2, Month 3 and Month 4.

And you're breast-beating yourself because a few other patients are eating more than you and still losing weight? There are multiple reasons why this could happen -- but none of them are because you're a potential WLS failure or a special snowflake.

And you're whining that (based on your vast bariatrics medical training) you could possibly know more than your surgeon and bariatric team about WLS and what will help you be successful long-term? Gimme a break.

Why don't you guys just do today what you're supposed to do today. And do tomorrow what you're supposed to do tomorrow. That's how you'll lose all your excess weight and then maintain your loss.

That's how I lost all my excess weight and then a little more. I've been maintaining at 7 pounds below my weight loss goal for 4 months now.

Unless that's too boring for you. In which case, be my guest and pig out to learn how much food it'll take to bust your tiny, swollen, not-yet-healed stomach wide open.

I'm in ur shoes..has it gotten any better since u posted last..I swear I feel like completely eating something crazy to see if I get sick..

Believe me, you don't !!

Vsg ann

.I don't think we are whining I do think that we were Just expecting something alil different. .I feel like I just had major sx to cut out half or more of my stomach which to me is a drastic measure and I am still having to have crazy self disciple control over how much I eating Yada Yada which is exactly what I had to do b4 my 10 thousand dollar major sx ..that's all..when u hear other people not being able to eat and feeling full from a bit of food which to me was the plan.its fustraing .I'm down 26 pnd in 2 weeks because I Am having control not from the sx..