Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What weight for regular size clothing??

Kim2b --

I see you are going to Vegas in October. Have a great time. I was there in April and had a great time as always. I hope to be able to go again next year and NOT ASK FOR A SEATBELT EXTENSION on the PLANE...WHOOHOOO. That will be awesome.

Are you seeing any good shows?

Girl! I know what you mean with that! I feel so embarrased every time I fly because of that!! ohhh and have to make sure that I go to the restroom before I take my plane! LOL

Blessings!

I remember my Mother telling me that, too. And like the rest of us, she's been all sizes and on every diet, so I believe it!

When I lost weight on Atkins I didn't get rid of my "fat clothes". I told myself that I wanted a pair of big-pants to hold up in front of my skinny body for a photo, but I ended up keeping a lot of things. Then when I started having problems with my liver and my Doctor took me off of Atkins (after 2 years and an 88 pound drop), I put weight on so fast that I'd cry every night.... but at least I had something to wear.

The good news is that I also kept some of the "thin clothes" that I'm looking forward to getting back into ... and this time I'm only going to keep ONE pair of big-pants!!

I'm looking forward to not only shopping in a normal size clothing store, but to picking out clothes because I like them - not just buying them because they are the only thing that fits!

:)

Ohh Lorien you are so right about the clothes, the other day a girlfriend pass me a email asking something about my " clothes style" and I just have to answer "whatever fits"! LOLL and is so sad when you have to pick something you dont really like but is the only thing it fits! Im so anxious to buy nice stuff!

Blessings

I'm currently pre-band 285 and wearing tight 26's, but it's the biggest pair of jeans I can get in my town, and I refuse to go to elastic ''slacks''. I have 46DDD's but somehow fit into anywhere between 22-28 tops. It, of course, depends on the stretch.

I feel kinda disproportionate or something because I haven't worn a size 14 at 5'7" since 170 lbs! I was in 18's between 190 and 220, depending on the stretch. I refused to even TOUCH a pair of 20's (really, I was crazy about not going near the hangers, even, as if it was contagious or something LOL) but I bought a pair of 21's at 228. From there it's all gone... uphill? Wore 22's around 240, 24's around 260, and 26's now at 285. I've noticed, though, that I can't always count on the numbers being the same because my body changes shape every time I yo-yo!

I dunno, I just pray pray pray I can get back to the same shape I was when I was a 14, I was curvy in all the right places and would kill to be that size and shape again. :cry2: I was freaking TINY!FirstPic.jpg

I wore 36D bras then... hmm... how has weight loss affected your bra size, ladies? I'll be sooooooo sad if I go below a FULL C! I gotta admit, I love my boobies. boobies.gif

I am 5'9", and my 14's are very loose now....but 12's won't button around my belly still....tummy tuck here I come!!! Waiting until mid January---get all the holidays and summer behind me and I am gonna do it!

I can walk into anyplace now that sells up to a 14 and find something to fit.

My bra band size has gone down from a 46-48 to a 38-40...but the cup size has actually seemed to increase, due to the size discrepency now between the fuller part of the breast and the smaller band size...sometimes in the cheaper off the rack bras I can find a 40DD that will fit....but a fitted 38DDD is much better looking on. I am afraid when I finish I will be in a 36 loooooong!!!

Kat

I started out at 5'8", 291 lbs and a size 24W in bottoms, size 22/24W in tops. Now, I'm at 200 lbs and can fit into a misses size 14 comfortably! I have 10 lbs to go until my goal...if I can get into 12's, I'd be thrilled, but if not, no biggie.

StinaNYC - I'm 5'8" also and my preband goal is to get to a 12 or 14. I feel the same way. I'll be very pleased at that size. In fact, the last time I wore a 10 for more than half an hour was at least 20 years ago!

5'8" - 238 preband - on a good day it's 232:) Wearing a size 18 - sometime a 2x in blouses - BIG arms!

My goal is to totally get out of Lane Bryant too. I went in there the other day and one of the sales associates that seems to always be there commented on how much weight I had lost. I was wearing 26/28 tops and 26 bottoms and now get 18/20 tops and 20 bottom (now rather loose). I told her that my dream was to get away from that store for good. I am 5'6" and weigh 257 as of this mornning. On day of surgery 1/19/07 I was 304.

I think it is so different for everyone, like asking how many pounds/kg/stone lost equals a size. I think this could be very interesting, though.

For example, I have now lost 60 lbs as of today and I am still in the same clothes I was in at 371lbs. They are a little loose, but I wouldn't say that I feel like I could go buy a new size (26/28 jean and 22/24 top-5'7")

faith,

i couldnt agree with you more! when i was about 370ish, i couldnt even fit in 30/32 pants (much less jeans) and my top was probably about 30/32 if not higher

right now (i am 5'9") i seem to be stuck at my size 20 or 22 pants (20 if stretchy denim) and 18/20 22/24 top depending on the cut.

i cannot wait to shop in non-plus sized stores!!!

I started out at 257 with size 22 pants and 2X blouses. I am now 218 and wear size 18 pants, and size 1X blouses. I am 5'3", but alot of it has to do with how you carry your weight. I have a big belly and hope to have PS one day. I could probably wear a 16, if it weren't for the belly fat.

I am 165 5' 6" and in a 10 in most sizes, but a twelve in some. I never thought that I would ever get down to a 10. I think exercising has helped ALOT.

This is an old thread but I loved it. I am now down to 213 and my 18 gap pants are loose on me. I am going to go try on 16 today and maybe buy a pair of black pants and jeans. All of my clothing is starting to look ridiculous on me! Wish me luck!

I can't wait to get out of the pluses!!

When I could wear "normal" size clothes, I was 170. I'm 5'4". They would be the largest they had though!

Right now I'm in plus size 18's.

I am 5'6'' and about 230 #

and I wear a size 22 - 24 !!!!!!!!!

why??????

:)

I know this is an older post but it's so true. I was a 22 at 245 lbs but my mother in law is a 22 at 210. i'm 5'5. I think it just depends on how you're built. My friend is 5'2'' and she is in a size 10-12 at 183. When I was in high school, I was 5'2" and I was barely in a 10 at 135 lbs. Her weight is mostly in her legs and arms where mine is mostly in my abdomen/back. We always said if I could surgically attach my arms and legs to her abdomen (and vice versa), she'd be the skinniest thing in the world and I'd be the biggest fat butt ever! I'm 194 and I'm in a 14W-16W. I should be in a "regular" 14 around 180 lbs +/-. Can't freakin' wait!

Don't compare your weight to others, your body is unique and built diffrent. I never ever compare my weight. Would you believe that I weight 200 pounds and I am size 12? YES! because I'm heavy. My feet are large, my hands are large! you may have skinny bones and at 200 pound you may be size 14 or 16. What is importrant here is the weight you feel happy on. The size you feel comfortable with. I'm ok in my size even when I am 200 pounds....the bottom line is that it is better that the size 22 I was before having my lap band and don't ask me what was my weight by then becasue it is not important. The only important thing here is that I lost weight or size (use only one of these meassure tools). I'm in a comfortable size 12 and feel better that ever. ALso let me tell you that as you get older you weight more even if you are the same size. I'm 46, but I was also size 12 when I was 30 but at that time I weight 170 pounds, so many factors can affect your weight/size.

Good luck!:clap2: