Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At 10 days post-op i got a rash on the sides of my neck. Called the dr and was told to take anti histamine and use cream. It worked, now at 18 days out the neck rash is returning and i have a rash on my tummy (not near incisions). Back to meds. But has anyone been told why we get these rashes?

I HAVE ONE ON BOTH OF MY ARMS AND I HAD ONE ON MY NECK...I THOUGHT IT WAS FROM THE LACK OF VITAMINS....

Interesting! I'm pre surgery and nothing has been said to me about this at my surgeons office.

I found this article...a bit over my head but found the two files in the article interesting...espeically the first one on correlation of deficiency and what is lacking.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4371663/

I am 26 days post op. I have had rashes around my incisions since the started healing. I apply cortisone all day. It's still there. Nothing on my neck or anything else. Could be a reaction to the pain meds

When I was a few weeks past post op I had gotten a sever rash as well. After talking to both my primary dr and surgeon, they felt it was cause by Vitamin deficiency. I wound up getting on some super small prescription multi Vitamins, along with changing out my body wash from an anti-bacterial wash to a shea butter body wash. I've been using this brand for the past 7 months and haven't had issue with my skin at all.http://www.amazon.com/Simply-Right-Moisturizing-Body-Butter/dp/B00J7YN82C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439846005&sr=8-1&keywords=simply+right+body+wash

I also started using this twice a day and it helped with keeping the rashes and extra dry skin away.http://www.walmart.com/ip/Palmer-s-Cocoa-Butter-Formula-Lightly-Scented-Fast-Absorbing-With-Vitamin-E-Moisturizing-Body-Oil-8.5-fl-oz/10794535

Now I don't break out in rashes any more and the Palmer's helped with reducing the size of my incision scars too. I would highly recommend those two products above in dealing with itchy irritated skin post surgery. And make sure you are getting your Vitamins in as well. :)

Thanks i will try these

Humm interesting.. I thought I had poison ivy but couldn't figure where it came from and why it didn't spread. I'll be sure to check with dr.

You know I have had itchy skin many times since I had surgery - it tends to flare up and I just itch everywhere! Legs, arms, head, neck, back just everywhere...I start to scratch and get rash flare up. I never connected that to my surgery, but it actually has been happening since the surgery. Huuuummmm

Sounds like hives.

I HAD A RASH ON THE INSIDES OF BOTH OF MY ARMS. I'M SURE IT WAS A RESULT OF THE SURGERY/CHANGES/VITAMINS/HORMONES, SOMETHING...IT ITCHED AND LOOKED YUCKY BUT IT FINALLY WENT AWAY AS MY DIET GOT MORE NORMAL.

Are you on Protonix or any other acid medication? it could be a reaction from that I would ask your doctor about it! I am 5 weeks post op and have had a rash around all my incisions the doctor told me it was a allergic reaction to the Dermabond but nothing has helped then I stopped taking my Protonix 4 days ago and it's finally clearing up!