Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How have you been feeling? Are you able to intake the required fluids and Proteins? I have so many questions but I won't overwhelm you. Wishing you a great recovery.

Ok. I don't do any support groups. ( maybe I should cause I google a lot) because the NP told me that everyone was different; after I was told by some others that I wasn't feeling what I was feeling after surgery that it was all in my head.

Anyways, with my insurance you had to have 4 weigh ins and then you could submit.

They usually schedule your surgery during your preop visit. I only had 2 weeks between approval and surgery, but others have had to wait up to six weeks.

Hope this way helpful. I had Dr. Weaver, but Wegner is great also.

Hi

I have another visit with Dr. Wegner this Wednesday mainly to ask questions that I did not ask during the previous visit. I had to sign a form saying that I stopped smoking and that it has to be 3 months of non-smoking. I am not sure if they actually test to verify the levels.

I'm seeing Dr. Wegner and have my final visit Thursday. All insurance required pre-op appointments done and I'm ready to submit. I had three supervised visits and I'm curious about exactly what this fourth visit is for? Will they schedule my surgery prior to approval and will I see the doctor. Also how long was your wait for surgery after you were approved and did any of you smoke and when did they test for nicotine or did they?

Sorry so many questions I'm just getting excited!!

Oh yeah. I forgot that question. They do test for nicotine.

I am 2 weeks post op and I had the RNY. I am just starting the puréed diet. I'm getting about 40 grams Protein per day and trying my best with the Fluid.

No major problems. I've read a lot about no postoperative pain and stuff but I did have pain. It's pretty much gone now.

I was constipated for a little over a week, but now I've had cramps diarrhea since yesterday. Don't know if it's my fault though. I went to an air show and got a smoothie. They said it was fruit only with no added sugar, but idk.

All that may be TMI, but it's just my experience so far. Nothing major, just minor inconveniences. But I'm only 2 weeks out and my body is adjusting.

On the upside, I've list 20 pounds since surgery.

Congrats on your loss!!! I am so excited for you. What test do they use for nicotine (blood, urine, or hair). Also do they perform the nicotine test the day of the procedure? How many days did you stay in the hospital? Did they perform a barium test? I'm sorry for all the questions I am so excited and so curious. I am glad you are doing well.

Oh yeah. I forgot that question. They do test for nicotine.

I am 2 weeks post op and I had the RNY. I am just starting the puréed diet. I'm getting about 40 grams Protein per day and trying my best with the Fluid.< br />
No major problems. I've read a lot about no postoperative pain and stuff but I did have pain. It's pretty much gone now.

I was constipated for a little over a week, but now I've had cramps diarrhea since yesterday. Don't know if it's my fault though. I went to an air show and got a smoothie. They said it was fruit only with no added sugar, but idk.

All that may be TMI, but it's just my experience so far. Nothing major, just minor inconveniences. But I'm only 2 weeks out and my body is adjusting.

On the upside, I've list 20 pounds since surgery.

I really like the support group. Have met some great people and learned helpful info! There's also a FB page that you sign up for!

I'm from Memphis and I have my surgery in may with Dr. Wegner. It's been hard finding someone to reach out to...I have a lot of questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using the BariatricPal App

Are you having the sleeve or bypass? I had the sleeve and Dr. Wegner was my surgeon. You are more than welcomed to PM me with questions.

I had Dr. Wegner as well. I had bypass

Does anyone attend the support group at St. Francis? if so, what do you think of their support group? Is there a lot of people in attendance? I'm interested in attending.

I moved to the area in November and had my surgery out of state. Was wondering if they allow attendance/participation of those who did not have their surgeries through them?

Does anyone attend the support group at St. Francis? if so, what do you think of their support group? Is there a lot of people in attendance? I'm interested in attending.

I moved to the area in November and had my surgery out of state. Was wondering if they allow attendance/participation of those who did not have their surgeries through them?

I know they have 2 different ones. They have a staff lead one and one lead by patients. I haven't been but I'm sure you can go.

I'd love to hear if you find out for sure!

I'm from Memphis and I have my surgery in may with Dr. Wegner. It's been hard finding someone to reach out to...I have a lot of questions.

Are you having the sleeve or bypass? I had the sleeve and Dr. Wegner was my surgeon. You are more than welcomed to PM me with questions.

I'm having the bypass

I'm having the bypass

Good luck to you. Dr. Wegner is one of the greatest. There were a few times I called the after hours number and he immediately called back. Let me know if you have any questions.

I had the bypass with him last summer. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me.

Scheduled for RNY with Dr. Wegner on 4/25. It's such a relief so see so many great things written about him and St. Francis as a whole here.