Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hiatal Hernia and wishful thinking

I will have a 4 hour drive home after surgery. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't just stay another night.

Edited by tbmichals

I would definitely stay at least one night. I flew home on the 2nd day and it was tough. 2hr flight and then an hour drive home.

I had mine yesterday with Dr. Long. He is super nice. They told me I would go home the same day, but I ended up being kept all night because of trouble with pain management. I was released this morning.

Congrats!! Minus the pain aspect. But yay!! You did it. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surgery is tomorrow. Still waiting to hear from the Nick clinic regarding what time I'm supposed to be there.

It's almost 2pm. What time did you guys hear from them the day before?

How are ya'll doing post surgery? Is one week off enough ? I should have my surgery date by Friday and then I have to do a final lab and sleep study before the big day. (that's what I'm told anyway). You kind of get little bits of into each time you communicate. Anyone else feel like that? I hope you're all doing great! Good luck MeMe!

I'm doing great 2 weeks post op as of yesterday and down 18 pounds since day of surgery. Tired of liquids but only one more week of them! Feeling great like I made the best decision ever

Yes, good luck Meme. Lisa called me later in tue afternoon too. Keep us posted.

Sarasleeves you also keep us posted.

I am feeling really good. I am down 16 lbs. I cheated and am eating purees and some soft foods. I have felt great though.

18 and 16!! That's awesome!! Woohoo. How exciting. Good job. Ya'll are inspiring. I am eating to my heart's content right now and starting to feel guilty. Lol. I know that 2 week preop is coming soon though!!

18 and 16!! That's awesome!! Woohoo. How exciting. Good job. Ya'll are inspiring. I am eating to my heart's content right now and starting to feel guilty. Lol. I know that 2 week preop is coming soon though!!

I have been too! I need to get my mind ready for this and off of food funeral mode.

@@MeMe8264 did you get your time?? You having it at forest park? Praying for you!!! I hope you get to meet Sandra McCoy she nurse practitioner she is amazing

Thank you, Sara! Girl, get everything in I am loving my sleeve but it is frustrating now getting full so fast. But its honestly not bad and totally worth it. Keep us posted. I hope you hear something soon! I know what it is like to be in limbo. Good luck!

Hola update! Got sleeved at 11:30 am on Thursday (10/22). Was great in the hospital. But then the second day was awful. Pain everywhere inside and more nauseous than I'd ever been in my life. Could only get down sips of Water and diet juice. I felt a little the third day. Was able to stomach a couple of Popsicles, which were amazingly therapeutic. Today, I'm about 50%. Getting my appetite back. Was able to eat 1/4 of strained Soup. Down 6lbs since 10/22. Need to start getting in some Protein STAT though.

Any favorite protein you ladies enjoyed directly post op?

@@Hilary, I had my surgery at Plano Surgical Center, which is about a 15 minute drive from my house.