Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hiatal Hernia and wishful thinking

Are you going thru Nicholson Clinic? Are they not able to find any other options for you?

I've kind of sunk into a depression. I was so sure I had a hernia and am sitting here with reflux as I type, so still super disappointed I don't and that option to lower cost is gone. My options now look like either Mexico or self pay in the U.S. I'm not really comfortable with MX but $5000 vs $12000 is a big difference. I just don't know what to do.

I could swing the $5000 or less but with kids, house, car, student loans - I'm having a hard time with the price tag. I know my co morbidities (bp, prior joint surgery) will literally take years off my life but I still can't convince myself I'm worth taking the time and money to focus on myself and do this. ???? I don't know what to do

I'm so happy it's working out for you all though! What an amazing thing ????

How are you? Please keep trying!

I had an initial consult where I met with Dr Long.

If I have a hernia, Dr. Long will be my surgeon, too. My EGD is tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well.

It is absurd that you each had so much difficulty in contacting the office.

This Sylvia person is in the wrong line of work.

Hello all! I had surgery on Tuesdag. The last few days I'm not going to lie they have been rough! I am just today feeling semi normal and able to sip large quantities of Water and Protein. I hope tomorrow is even better. I definitely under estimated how much pain I would be in but def don't regret it

I have no hiatal hernia. I feel lost. The hh repair option was my only shoot to get insurance to cover midst of this...

I'm so sorry! Right there with you... Message me if you want to comisorate ???? everyone was so confident that 'most overweight people have hernias and don't even know it' that I was so sure I had one. It's kind of ironic bc my indigestion and heartburn is getting worse every day!

Hello all! I had surgery on Tuesdag. The last few days I'm not going to lie they have been rough! I am just today feeling semi normal and able to sip large quantities of Water and Protein. I hope tomorrow is even better. I definitely under estimated how much pain I would be in but def don't regret it

Did Dr. Long do your surgery? How long did you stay at the hospital? My surgery date is Oct 22nd.

I had mine yesterday with Dr. Long. He is super nice. They told me I would go home the same day, but I ended up being kept all night because of trouble with pain management. I was released this morning.

Congrats! How are you feeling? How'd you do on the pre-surgery diet? I'm on day two.

I totally flunked the pre op diet. I am embarrassed, I did that bad. I am feeling so so. The gas is horrible. Every drink I take hurts. But I am graduating feeling better. I think you will be good.

Sounds crazy, but I'm glad you flunked the pre-op diet. I mean no coffee? !? Really? I've been mostly good on my diet. But I simply cannot start my 6AM crazy day without a bit of caffeine. Just one cup of half-caff. Desperately needed, too.

Did the Dr say anything about the size of your liver? Like, "Hey! Your liver doesn't look like its lost a bit of fat!" Or anything to that affect? :)

I have no hiatal hernia. I feel lost. The hh repair option was my only shoot to get insurance to cover midst of this...

I'm so sorry! Right there with you... Message me if you want to comisorate ???? everyone was so confident that 'most overweight people have hernias and don't even know it' that I was so sure I had one. It's kind of ironic bc my indigestion and heartburn is getting worse every day!
. I'll private message you

I left hospital around 9pm my surgery was around noon. I had trouble with pain but wanted desperately to go home and just go to bed I completely underestimated how much pain j would be in I watched all these videos of people who were like day 1 post op feeling great ran 3 miles lol and I just felt so terrible and defeated. Feeling much much much better now my dr was dr long @@MeMe8264

Edited by hilaryglynxo