Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

An August 7th Sleever's Journey

Good day all... Had my sleeve on August 5.... No pain, but still unable to keep food down . It always feels like it stuck in my chest.and drink in is not better. It hurts until I burp. People say it should get better ... But I am so weak at this point I am not sure .

Good day all... Had my sleeve on August 5.... No pain, but still unable to keep food down . It always feels like it stuck in my chest.and drink in is not better. It hurts until I burp. People say it should get better ... But I am so weak at this point I am not sure .

Hello! I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't had any of those problems although I'm still in the pureed/soup face. So we will see on Friday when I can have food that's a bit more solid.

How is your progress weight wise going though?

Today is day 13 for me :) I have lost 12.4 lbs as of today which is about 6% of my weight. I don't know the official stats but I think that's pretty good (I hope!).

I have been feeling pretty good so I've been biking around instead of walking since my doc said biking was fine and I hate walking cause it's so slow and boring.

I think a lot of my belly fat has disappeared cause my belly area looks a lot flatter than it used to. Shirts fit nicer. My goal is to have lost 20 lbs total by the end of august. I will have to work really hard to make that happen but it would be nice to start the school year being 20 lbs lighter :) also I can't wait to be able to go back to boxing and train at the gym like I'm used to. That's when the real weight losing is gonna start! Plus I'll be able to keep working on my muscles so that they don't get consumed by my own body. Ahem...In other news...I'm constipated which sucks ???? cause I feel like I really wanna poop. But I can't. I'm seeing my NUT tomorrow so hopefully she can give me some pointers or some remedies for that. Cause I feel like keeping all this poop in is not good and it's definitely not gonna help me lose weight

Oh yeah! Tomorrow is real food for me! Yay. cheese and fish. So excited

I'm a August 5 sleever

My highest weight before my two week diet was 309 then the night before surgery was 293.3

I had a lot of gas but other then that all went well ... So my doctor told me to try the soft but I don't think my body is ready ...only for the applesauce... I have a time getting the Protein Shakes down I feel so full and miserable if I drink 1oz . My bowels have not move on a regular basis .. Needless to say I'm down to 265.3 but I just wish my body was ready for soft food . Maybe I will try again a few days from now . Also the great news is I'm back to work ...

Wow that is crazy! You lost almost 50 lbs in 3 weeks! Hope that you feel healthy soon :) best wishes

Hi guys!! Names Natalie also an aug 5th sleever ????????is that a word? Lol anyway my starting weight was 248 I'm now 223. so excited to start this new journey in my life.

I also am enjoying your sleeve journey, I get sleeved tomorrow, I can't wait! I went from scare to excited and now thrilled!!! Thank you for sharing, I live in south jersey and my kids are still home for summer break and my hubby took off for the upcoming week. I have a vision of all of us going to the lighthouse in Barnegate and walking the trails there on Friday after my surgery. It's my goal to walk everyday, enough to take a day and do that! You have given me hope, so thank you!

Hi guys!! Names Natalie also an aug 5th sleever ????????is that a word? Lol anyway my starting weight was 248 I'm now 223. so excited to start this new journey in my life.

Welcome Natalie! Hope you are feeling great!

I also am enjoying your sleeve journey, I get sleeved tomorrow, I can't wait! I went from scare to excited and now thrilled!!! Thank you for sharing, I live in south jersey and my kids are still home for summer break and my hubby took off for the upcoming week. I have a vision of all of us going to the lighthouse in Barnegate and walking the trails there on Friday after my surgery. It's my goal to walk everyday, enough to take a day and do that! You have given me hope, so thank you!

Welcome fellow new jersian (?) Is that a word? Haha.

Walking will be tough at first but you should be okay a couple of days in. I wouldn't push it too much, okay it by ear and listen to your body!

Today is day 20 for me and I feel great. This past week I've been allowed to eat fish. So it's been a lot of tilapia and salmon. And honestly it is the best. I feel healthy and energized and I even crave the meals. I'm always like "Mmm I want some fish". I get one of those tilapia filets that come individually wrapped. I thaw it. Cover it with olive oil and rub salt, pepper, garlic and paprika on both sides. Cook it for 10 min at 400F. If it's salmon I eo the same exceot i cook it at 450 for about the same time. And then I serve half the filet (which is about 2 oz) with a tablespoon of cottage cheese, and a table spoon of Beans and maybe some guac. And wow, that fills me up. Since I'm still in summer vacation I take my sweet time and eat it slowly in a spam if 1 or 2 hours. Then my next meal is the other half of the filet with the same sides. And believe me, It makes you feel super energized!

In fact yesterday I couldn't take it anymore and I went to my boxing gym. I got some compliments saying I looked "toned" damn! And I took it real easy. I did some jump rope and speed bag. I listened to my body. Made sure nothing was hurting. Finished with some footwork and planks. I had so much energy even after my workout I had a hard time falling asleep.

Today I went and volunteered at a pony event. Got home at 9pm. I still have all this energy I don't know what to do with because it's 1am and I'm still not tired. So with that I assume my fatigued days are concluded.

On Friday I will be able to eat soft foods and start progressing towards normal foods. Can't wait to eat my veggies again! It's been a while.

I don't know about you guys but I'm really inspired to become a clean eater. Now that I can see results eating clean sounds like something I really want to try.

As a side note, I'm still having a hard time pooping. I tired a prune, Kiefer, and flax seed smoothie my NUT recommended and that worked too much! So I tried eating just 5 or 6 prunes but haven't seen many results. I'll probably try the smoothie again but it's a little scary cause when you have to go you HAVE to go.

Also I've been having a hard time getting in all my 60g of Protein because I'm starting to get grossed out by the Protein shakes. I've tried everything with them and still I cannot finish them. Ugh!

All that sounds great! Your rules from your surgeon sound just like mine. I used University of Penn, Dr Schurict. I love him. I thanked him post op for changing my life and he said "it's only been one day!" But really he has changed my life for me and I eternally grateful. I can't wait to eat fish!!! I love fish and shrimp and by the way, my nut told me that you don't have drink all the Protein Shakes once you start eating Protein, you just have to do the math, so if you eat salmon or tilapia calculate the amount in that and say eggs if ate them, then you only have to drink what's left of the grams of protein you need.

Edited by njmomof4kidz

Nice! I went via Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick with Dr.Sadek. dealing with him and the hospital was surprisingly easy. The annoying stuff was getting all the clearances from the other docs.

About the shakes, yep I'm not doing the 3 shakes. Judy trying to throw in one because even with the fish and cottage cheese I'm not reaching my 60g! It's hard.

Anyway, I still haven't been able to poop. So I should do something about that.

Finally I just wanna mention that both my coach and the owner of the gym whom I haven't seen since before surgery saw me today and told me I looked toned and skinny! So that's great! Very motivational. And since I am on the gym topic, I was there today and I just had SO much energy! It's crazy. I thought I'd be fatigued but instead I'm not getting tired. My cardio is on point. I could do My workouts faster and wouldn't be winded like I normally would. So I guess those 15lbs I've lost really make me feel lighter and better overall

Did you say you haven't been able to poop and it has been 20 days since surgery?!?! I hope I am reading that wrong. You need to call the dr right away if that is the case. ????????????????

Hahaha no no no! Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant I've pooped. But just every like 3 days or so. I didn't have any problems with the liquids and creams but since I started more solid food (fish) I've been having a hard time.