Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marijuana Use After Surgery

I absolutely enjoy my weed, however.....and I really, really hate to say this, but I have found when I run out, my weight loss seems much greater and easier to accomplish. I also wonder if that "sweet spot" seems so elusive because of my smoking. I've only been banded about 4 mos. with 3 fills, but my weight loss is much slower than a couple of friends that don't partake and were banded about the same time. I don't want to quit smoking, but I'm considering not keeping it on hand and seeing what happens.

I absolutely enjoy my weed, however.....and I really, really hate to say this, but I have found when I run out, my weight loss seems much greater and easier to accomplish. I also wonder if that "sweet spot" seems so elusive because of my smoking. I've only been banded about 4 mos. with 3 fills, but my weight loss is much slower than a couple of friends that don't partake and were banded about the same time. I don't want to quit smoking, but I'm considering not keeping it on hand and seeing what happens.

For me i think it may be easier because i mainly use my ganja to help me focus... i have add so when i smoke i have zen like concentration... and with Water loading the munchies have been all but eliminated.... i would recommend that you guys try that it will be easier to ward off the munchies

Im 3 weeks from surgery and have no problem have a couple every night, I don't cough (just be careful) and have no problems with the munchies, it's mind over matter. Nothing wrong with it. You go girl.

Smoking marijuana doesnt seem like a healthy lifestyle, more like a stupid lifestyle

lol you funny person.

I love weed just dont smoke it much, not many of those I'm around smoke it. Im lucky if I have it 5 or 6 times a year :thumbup:

Why would you want to risk your freedom and ruin your "new life" by going to jail for doing something illegal?? I know everyone's just here for some answers to their questions, but I guess in jail or prison, they limit your meal-time, so nobody should have any problem losing weight.

Wow, so many weed smokers! It is horrible and discusting!!! How could so many people ruin their lives with drugs when there are so many better things out there. (and if you can't find them, then you have bigger problems anyway). Marijuana IS addicting, which is why all you people have to have it. If it's not addicting, then why doesn't everyone find something better to do with their time?!

I think a lot of people are very ignorant when it comes to smoking pot, let alone all other drugs (including alcohol, which is the worst). I think the reason that you don't seem to know or understand very much, is that they say when you start smoking pot, your brain stays at the same age as when you started. So Jimbo must have started smoking at age 12, because it seems like that is about as much as he knows.

Wow, what an interesting thread. First of all, I do not smoke marijuana. I am a nurse and I would never risk losing my job over it. Secondly, it is my own personal preference, I don't care for it. But............

This is a website where we all have one thing in common, being overweight. How many times have you been judged for being "fat". People make assumptions, like you are lazy or a slob, and it is just not right. So, for the people on here judging honest, everyday people for asking an opinion......shame on you! You know what it is like to be judged, so how dare you! I think this should be a place where you can ask any type of question and not be judged. We are all in this together, remember?

So Jimbo must have started smoking at age 12, because it seems like that is about as much as he knows.

Wow I was going to say something mean, but its just not worth it.

I will say I thank God every day that I'm not living life with a closed mind, I would hate to end up on my death bed thinking of all the this things in life I had missed.

I think a lot of people are very ignorant when it comes to smoking pot, let alone all other drugs (including alcohol, which is the worst). I think the reason that you don't seem to know or understand very much, is that they say when you start smoking pot, your brain stays at the same age as when you started. So Jimbo must have started smoking at age 12, because it seems like that is about as much as he knows.
I think you, yourself, are proving the accuracy of your first statement. They say ignorance is bliss... bliss for the ignorant, maybe, but not so much for the rest of us who have to listen to their ignorant opinions.

:thumbup: How dare you hop into a forum about something you obviously don't agree with lynlie77 and then judge every person there. I believe narrow minded people like yourself should stick to things they know more about and leave people who are not hurting anyone alone. Everyone says it is okay to drink achohol why because it's legal, do you have any idea how many people die per year from achohol related accidents/diseases. Go away and leave us alone.

Edited by roxyrip2002

I was going to come and say something profound and get on a few peoples cases but it seems like some people already beat me to the punch.... the fact is that there are a lot of self righteous people out there who think they know more than everyone else... the same type of people who actually think that you can go to jail for possessing pot... news flash in most states its a misdemeanor if that and a 125$ ticket. but to judge people on something that you have never even tried.. is lunacy i mean we arnt talking about a harsh drug (meth,crack,heroin) 9 times out of 10 you can pick them out of a line up.... but pot is a herb... you cant even tell most stoners when you see them... they are your coworkers your friends, bosses,police officers, and even your locak garbage men... you are surrounded and there isnt anything you can do about it... its less dangerous that any drug street or perscription, 150 times less cancerous than any tabacco product... so please gont spread you closed minded republican ignorance here please.

People who have obviously never looked beyond the biased anti-pot propaganda annoy me. I'm living proof that the stereotypes of the pothead are not true. At 45 years old, I've been smoking pot for over 30 years, starting at around 13. I graduated high school in the top 10% in my state, completed a teaching degree, raised a wonderful daughter who is happily married with 2 beautiful children.

I am a certified member of MENSA, with a rated IQ of 140. I have worked in highly technical, highly paid jobs that require clear and intense thinking for many years. I achieved all of this while smoking daily - in the evenings! I acknowledge that rolling out of bed and hitting up a doobie is not compatible with intellectual work, so I don't do it. A couple of hits in the evening are no worse than someone who has a glass or two of wine after dinner to relax.

Two years ago, I took up a job paying $180K a year on the mines, which comes with a condition of random drug testing. I made the choice that I wanted the job more than I wanted the pot, so stopped the daily habit immediately, without any signs of withdrawal symptoms, even after 30 years of constant use. I still indulge occasionally, when I am on holiday and know I won't be going back to the mine for a couple of weeks, but it hasn't been a hardship to give up and I can honestly say that I wasn't addicted after all that time.

Ignorant people give me the irrits!!

Edited by Fanny Adams

i used to smoke but i quit few months ago i occasionally smoke (hubbly-bubbly) and it doesn't cause coughing nor munchies at all!!

i was banded in 30/08/2008 and now when i cough i feel i am ripping the stitches on my stomach and i feel excruciating pain

i try not to cough as much as i can

do i have to worry about it???