Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marijuana Use After Surgery

In my opinion- an 18 year old "kid" that just is smoking pot is almost refreshing. I have quite a bit of experience working with teens and most kids today are busy raiding the family medicine cabinet. Maybe we all failed generation RX by pretending like Pot was the cause of all evil. I think if we spoke with kids truthfully about pot we wouldn't have kids thinking pot was the same as the vicotin/ritalin/oxy cocktail.

I actually agree...I was a RX person...I liked the 'scripts. Mostly uppers though...before my band I battled addiction to Phentermine/Adipex (which is basically Meth in a pill). I had others that I liked too, but this was my fave EVER! I did pills for a long time (all through Jr. High and High School)...and I quit before I got the band...I have to admit the side effects SUCK! I STILL cant get as much done because the phentermine really messed up the chemicals in my brain to think that it needs that stimulation to work. Before I started taking them I could muster up enough energy to get stuff done and I slept normally....now 3 years sober from them, I STILL have to force myself to get anything productive done. I hate the feeling, and the only why to fix it, is to fight it...which you dont want to do because you just never have any energy that isnt generated by something else...i.e. your lazy all the time. The saddest part of all is the fact that I have NEVER taken a pill that wasnt prescribed to me, so all my addictions were to my own pills! What I dont understand is the companies that do a hair test for employment, I mean a female could have just been around pot at a party or something and inhaled some of the smoke and its in her hair until she gets that part cut off, which could take forever to grow! I mean she could have been around it a year or more ago and never been around it since, and still be refused employment....thats ridiculous! What should matter to employers (which I do understand WHY it matters) is if you have used it in the last 30 days or so, basically recently, and how much is in your system. I also think that there should be a quantity level just like with alcohol as to how much can be in your system before you are denied/terminated from employment.

I used to be one of those people who HATED anything that had to do with pot, and couldnt stand it when I knew my friends were doing it....but I had a terrible misconception of what it did to people...I thought it was this terrible drug that made you do weird things and hurt people and stuff (like a hard drug)....but after going to a few parties and witnessing effects...I soon realized that these people didnt want to get off the couch, much less hurt someone or go psycho lol! Thats when I became tolerant of it, and I actually wouldnt mind it being legalized in some way...I mean Salvia is perfectly legal and is WAY more dangerous than weed.

I am a smoker (cigarettes), I smoked right up until the day before my surgery. I tried Chantix before the surgery and that stuff was awful. I do want to quit smoking eventually, I can only jump through one hoop at a time. I got to thinking, what was the use for me to go thru this surgery to lose weight and be healthy and then continue to smoke? It kinda does'nt make sense. So, Katie, i'm not bashing you for smoking weed, you do whatever you want to, but do take into consideration the health part of it.

anyways wait a month to light up again as smokin anything constricts blood flow and will delay healing..ive been in the medical field 5+ yrs ...

...I mean Salvia is perfectly legal and is WAY more dangerous than weed.

Yeah, I tried Salvia once, thinking it would just be intense weed... god no. I was trapped in Pee Wee's Playhouse! No more of that for me, thanks.

I am a smoker (cigarettes), I smoked right up until the day before my surgery. I tried Chantix before the surgery and that stuff was awful. I do want to quit smoking eventually, I can only jump through one hoop at a time. I got to thinking, what was the use for me to go thru this surgery to lose weight and be healthy and then continue to smoke? It kinda does'nt make sense. So, Katie, i'm not bashing you for smoking weed, you do whatever you want to, but do take into consideration the health part of it.

Thanks for the concern. Maybe some day I will stop smoking, but I'm okay in that department for now.

Wow! you type marijuana on the thread title and EVERYONE joins in...lol.

JUANGRANDE....props to the CRACK smoking and pawning the kitchen utensils

TOO FUNNY!!!!!

i havent partaken in any illegal use of drugs in a long time, but I remember the intense munchies I used to get. Also, ice cream is easy to get down...and that would be the first thing i went for if i were to light up.

just be careful, you dont want to eat too much.

I smoke pot, I have an awesome job I pay my bills have intelligent friends that all smoke pot. My one friend is in med school with a 4.0 gpa. Another works as a cad designer. All very intelligent successful people in there early to mid 20's some in there 30's. Like almost all people with weight problems I have some issues I need to deal with, but I don't drink which causes ton's of medical issues including death, and I don't take xanex and valium which causes hundreds if not more deaths every year from overdoses and have you ever met a pharmacutical (sp) addict? there just if not worse then crack or heroin junkies. So for all the holyer than thou haters spewing your rederic about potato heads and judging people for smoking the same thing george washington grew. keep taking your shots of liquid death and popping your doc prescribed cures. I'll continue to smoke my plant grown directly from the earth and go to my fabulous job using my functioning brain. As was so poetically said by bradley nowell

I smoke two joints in the morning.

I smoke two joints at night.

I smoke two joints in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright

I smoke two joints in time of peace, and two in time of war

I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,

And then I smoke two more

Sorry I know most everyone here is not negative but for those of you that only want to judge and not accept everyone for who they are. Good luck living on that high horse.:w00t:

I asked the Dr about this when we met this week. I was told that they do not suggest smoking anything for at least a month because the body is healing from the inside out and smoking will delay healing.

I can eat when i smoke but the problem is i fall asleep before the munchies hit!!!!!!! being banded I am puff puff pass out......LMAO

amc, that is a cute little poem up there. I do not smoke pot, merely for the reason that i pretty much lose all motivation to get things done. Plus, it is illegal. I do not drink or take valium either. I guess my release is my cursing like a sailor on a regular basis.

I am not trying to judge here...but it is spelled rhetoric, not reteric.

Have a great day!

Am I ever so glad to see this thread

Thanks KBates for asking the question

and thanks for all the informed and honest replies

been off for over a year now and was

worried about nausea after the banding

still pondering but much assured

thx guys and dolls

i would have to agree with AMC i have smoked weed for a long time ... i amd 5 classes away from my bachelors degree, i amd starting to think masters degree and i work for a good company in the silicon valley ( and a nice pretty penny too) i just wanted to boast a lil bit ...

but really this was something that i was worried about and was seriously thinking about when i made my decision .... im glad this post was here...

shhhhh, see i aint ever smoke before

so imma take two hits and imma ** blooooww * my mind AWAY

i never thought id be gettin High todaaaayyyyy