Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can it really be this easy?

Okay I want to start by saying I in no way am ungrateful for my surgery or recovery. I feel so lucky and blessed to have been able to have it and my insurance cover it. I had sleeve surgery 3 weeks ago and I was prepared for the worst. I kept reading how people were miserable for the first few weeks and that they at one point or another regretted it.

My journey is completely the opposite. I went into surgery not really even nervous. I kinda looked at it as any other kind of surgery and that I needed it to get done so I can move forward with my life. I was up walking the halls with no problems about 5 hours after my surgery and left the hospital 24 hours later. I took 2-3 days of my pain meds before not needing those anymore. I never felt sick, or like I had an alien in me, absolutely nothing! As for eating I don't really miss it very much. salad I do but I know I can have that in a few weeks. The only thing I can honestly say that has been rough is getting in my Water everyday.

I had a great surgeon and I know without a doubt that is a huge part of why I'm doing so well. The center I went to does the most sleeves in the country. But sometimes I feel like did they really take out my stomach? Did they forget it or not make it small enough? Is something terrible going to happen to me in the future cause this has been too easy. I know it's strange that I'm complaining about doing too good but it's like almost scary how amazing I am doing and feel. I'm down 32 lbs also from pre-op which also feels great. Everyone around me keeps telling me how surprised they are about how well I'm doing. My mother who had lap-band also commented on how she didn't feel as good as I do until like 6 months after her surgery. I am very thankful I am doing so well but it's kinda one of those things where you think to yourself if it seems to good to be true it probably is. I know everyone's journey is different and I sympathize for the ones who do have a harder road then me so I feel somewhat guilty for not feeling like this is hard. I have a long road ahead and I'm sure there will be plenty of rough Patches but so far I can't believe where I am.

Can anyone relate to this at all?

I had a similar experience. I've had a very easy time of it. No gas pains after surgery, stopped the pain meds on day 2, haven't had any issues at all eating or drinking. I'm at 8 weeks and have been eating approximately veggies and beef since week 5, with no problems.Can eat about 4-5 oz and can drink normally.

Don't feel guilty for doing so well. Be grateful and enjoy it. Every journey is different and yours just happens to be one of the good ones. I wish you continued success and good health!

I am right there with you. I am two weeks out and it seems like it is smooth sailing. I keep thinking it was a dream and a short vacation from work. I have even snuck in cottage cheese because I was wondering if it would make me feel like I actually had the surgery. Still nothing. I feel blessed but wonder what is to come. Good Luck and hopefully we will both continue to have a pleasant ride.

My experience was the same. It has been wonderful. The only thing I struggle with is remembering everything. supplements, aspirin, exercise, Protein, Water, track my food. But I will figure out a system and all will be good

Congrats on having an easy start.

Just take every day as it comes -- good or bad.

Just do what you're supposed to do that day.

That's all you have to do.

My own WLS was complication-free and drama llama free. Not saying there weren't times when I wasn't a little white-knuckled late at night to stay out of the refrigerator. Not saying I was 100% perfect, because I wasn't. But because of the hunger-crazing ghrelin being gone, all my research and self-education and pre-preparation, and my compulsive meal planning and tracking (which taught me sooo much about nutrition), my own WLS trip thus far has been completely doable.

However, I never imagine there's an end to this strip. Just turned on the TV and The Barefoot Contessa (cooking show) is on. She's so cute (weighing at least 240 pounds) and competent and making the most delicious food that I can see with affection how it's not completely awful for everyone who's fat.

On the other hand, I'm not The Barefoot Contessa. And I was fucking miserable at nearly 240 pounds. So there's that. All told, I'm so much happier watching her than being in her shoes.

:)

I feel the same. I am two weeks out now and apart from the first 3 days, I have been able to get in all my Water and Protein. I use MyFitnessPal every day and today my Protein was 110, carbs 16 and calories 510. I had my first pureed meal tonight, 2oz of chicken with no issues whatsoever. Only moan is about the injections I had to do twice a day at home. I hated doing them but in the scheme of things it was nothing! :D

I experienced the same thing! i was in recovery for 6 hours waiting on a room which made me basically leap off the recovery bed when they pulled me up to the room! I still have had pain but at day 8 post op i feel alright, aside from the craving to chew. Ive done good with every liquid aside from Water, i get nausea! i was terrified id be even more sensitive after surgery! (IBS sufferer)

i still have gas, and get it when i drink sometimes.

congrats on doing so well!

@@LEW12 Try adding a little no added sugar apple juice to Water. It really helped me. Worth a try anyway :)

I have had a remarkably easy recovery, too. I made up my mind early on to do everything I was asked (even if I thought I couldn't). I have followed my post-op program and everything is going really well. I have an excellent surgeon and NUT. The whole program support team has been outstanding.

I was blessed too. I could have left the next day, but was stuck in Mexico for two days. Got board and walked to mall and shopped all day. Found Isopure at their GNC, so that worked out well. ;-) I'm very glad for you and can't wait to see great before and after pics.

@@Vad1988 Dr Hoehn is my surgeon too. I had my procedure 4/23/15, and I also had zero complications (aside from constipation), have enjoyed every minute of it and am down a ton of weight. Tim and Dr Sabapathy both are impressed with my progress and that I had no complications!! I think this bariatric center ROCKS!!! (it has been really easy for me too)

I had an easy recovery too. blessed with doctor, nut and family for their support.

I am so glad I am not the only one feeling this way! No real problems for me, I keep waiting for something bad to happen.

I seem to be able to hit my Water and Protein with no problems and I can tell pretty easily that I am full now. I have wondered more than once that maybe they didn't really do anything to me except punch holes in me and pump me full of gas.

This morning I weighed 264, down over 20 pounds from my highest weight in the last 2 months and I had my surgery 2 weeks ago Thursday.

I am ready for the dreaded stall and am sure that somewhere along the way I will encounter problems, but after the major problems I have had after operations in the last 18 months, this has been a great experience.

Jesster, if anyone deserves an "easy time" with surgery, after all you've endured, it's you.

Congratulations!

:)