Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your "weight loss pet peeve?"

@@Elode, my seven-year old does that too! She yells at me not to cheat lol.

Mine is...Sales Associates. Mostly in higher end retail stores. When I was heavier...and needed help...no one was ever around. Now that I am much thinner...I have sales people (men and woman) falling all over me. I can't take 5 steps without a sales person asking me..."is there anything I can help you with." I have lost and gained weight many times...and this is something I have noticed each time I lose weight. It makes me sad for my heavier self. And anyone else that is discriminated against like this. My income level does not change....with my weight.

That is interesting. I feel like what you are saying is right, that when I was larger they left me alone. I will have to start paying attention to see what happens as I lose weight.

Oh lord I just thought of another one as I was doing it and its probably classified as a big fat TMI and slightly weird ( not something most would share, but I'm a realist/big mouth so..) cutting off my undies! I kid you NOT! I have had to break out the scissors on more than a few occasions and chop those big granny panties right off! I drop weight and buy clothes but new underpants never cross my mind while shopping so they never make it into my cart. The most aggravating thing in the world is having big bunched up undies make a home in places that have no vacancy!! The girls at work crack up but I just can't take it. They already know the scissor hand signal. Don't ask any questions, pass the scissors, add sterilizing to the list of things to do. I'm writing this down on the fridge while it on my mind.

post-237766-0-27215400-1438920204_thumb.jpg

When people tell me don't lose anymore weight.

If I eat a bite of something "naughty" my husband just looks at me and shakes his head. It's annoying! I know he has my best interests at heart but I eat right 95% of the time. This is a lifestyle, not a diet.

I'm also pretty content most of the time though! WLS had been an amazing journey.

@@rp1980 My 5 year old is quick to tell me what I "can't have" and follows up with " but you can have one of your shakes mom". ;)

Too funny, tonight at dinner, I just had a few bites of chicken from my hubbys meal. I wanted to have a few gains of rice. We ended up having a fork fight! It was all in good fun, but dang! I ended up with two gains...he then did the stomach exploding motion. I'm married to a supportive comedian.

When people tell me don't lose anymore weight.

Yes, that's it!

So far, that's my only weight loss pet peeve.

One of my best friends, who actually went with me to the hospital and was my "responsible person" and biggest supporter just said something the other day that really hurt, down to the core. There are only 6 people that know I had WLS, so it's a big secret.

I had surgery 6/22 (started with a low BMI so I thought I would have a slow weight loss journey), and I've lost 34.2 in 6 weeks. I think that's pretty darned good! Also, I decided to cut my hair and have a sassy "do", to start this new chapter in my life.

We went to dinner......I was rockin' a great dress (and looked fabulously thin). she didn't mention the haircut until 10 minutes into the dinner or the weight loss.....then she said "I'm glad your weight loss is going slowly. If the weight was coming off quickly and in addition to the short haircut, people would think you have cancer or something".

WHAT??????????? I quickly told her that NEVER in my entire life, even in my 20s, was I able to lose 34 pounds this fast.

I'm halfway to my goal, but obviously it's not noticeable.

Oh lord I just thought of another one as I was doing it and its probably classified as a big fat TMI and slightly weird ( not something most would share, but I'm a realist/big mouth so..) cutting off my undies! I kid you NOT! I have had to break out the scissors on more than a few occasions and chop those big granny panties right off! I drop weight and buy clothes but new underpants never cross my mind while shopping so they never make it into my cart. The most aggravating thing in the world is having big bunched up undies make a home in places that have no vacancy!! The girls at work crack up but I just can't take it. They already know the scissor hand signal. Don't ask any questions, pass the scissors, add sterilizing to the list of things to do. I'm writing this down on the fridge while it on my mind.

@@Elode - at least by cutting off the panties they don't make it back into your panty drawer :)

@@MrsSugarbabe True , once I've experienced the aggravation of them I have no intentions of seeing them again. It's easier to just snip the sides and toss than get all undressed at work! I've perfected the timing!

When I was about four weeks post op I ran into a "friend" who looked me up and down and said,"I thought you had the weight loss surgery so you could lose weight, I thought you would be skinny by now." At this point I had probably lost at least 25 pounds.

How fast do people think this works anyway? Overnight?

Oh well, jokes on her now. She is still heavy; I am at my goal weight and living life to its fullest!!

I loved this comment from someone who had gastric bypass surgery and has put alot of weight back on: "I would never have elective surgery, why you can't just stop eating? Why would you go to that extreme."

I loved this comment from someone who had gastric bypass surgery and has put alot of weight back on: "I would never have elective surgery, why you can't just stop eating? Why would you go to that extreme."

Does she have Alzheimers?!?

I think sometimes, it's not really jealousy, it's just that we don't have anything in common any more. I had "eating buddies" and the love of food was really all we had in common. Now that I don't go out for ooey gooey foods anymore, we don't have anything left to share. I moved on and they didn't.

I think my biggest peeve when I was banded was servers trying to rush me. It would take me forever to eat a small amount of food and it felt like every 5 mins they would show up asking "are you sure it's okay?" Or "do you want me to pack the rest to go for you?" No, I'm not done and I just eat slow. Go away. So concerned with turning over the table. I was conscious of it and always tipped well and accordingly. drinks - I would just order Water and not touch it. I had a banded friend who would do the same but put salt in her water so she wasn't tempted to drink it.