Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Neuropathy Numbness

I had the same problem numbness from the breast down with tingling and burning. I saw a neurologist who diagnosed it as a B12, thiamine, neuropathy . The symptoms went undiagnosed for so long, I'm now walking with a walker with permanent nerve damage. The pain was primarily in my feet and I first noticed it most when sitting to use the restroom. I am now doing rehabilitation 5 days a week. Do not ignore these symptoms.

How long did it go u diagnosed before your damadge became permenant? I'm trying to see another neurologist but the wait where I live is months long. There are only a few I'm the county. How did they treat you with Vitamins and in what strength number type and quantity? Thank You for your reply.

Well I had surgery April 22, I couldn't eat or keep Vitamins down. So I would say 12 weeks before I was diagnosed. I saw 6 providers, before being treated.

I take a liquid b Vitamin supplement I got at whole foods, as well as my Multivitamin flinstone ( it's all I can tolerate) and a liquid Calcium supplement

If any of you are experiencing tingling, burning, numbness that worsens at night or in the morning. I would recommend blood work immediately. Ask your doctor to check B1, B12, and Coper levels.

Mine has gone away now that I've been eating more

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches