Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is tomorrow and I'm actually nervous.

It's my birthday today and 8 friends from work took me out for lunch, they ate and I had my Protein Drink and it really hit me how things are going to change. I am so glad of that change for the future and my birthday next year will be different, however today I felt emotional and I ended up crying at work over little work related stuff but I am sure it was more than that...... I haven't been hungry whilst on the pre op diet (i am on day 17) but I have missed chewing and I would love my mouth to taste of more than the bottom of a sewer. So bring on the Soup and yogurt in week two!!

I am excited by the change I am about to go through tomorrow and I don't give a rats ass if it's painful, difficult, downright nasty... I can see the bigger picture and I will remain positive about that. I strongly believe that positive thoughts bring positive change. I won't be a Debbie Downer and if I start whinging you have permission to point me back to this post :P My focus is on good health and all it will bring.

I will be successful, I will have the life I want and need and this lifetime change will be so worth it.

Prayers will help too, so please feel free to if you are so inclined. If not please cross your fingers and wish me well.

Thanks to all for being so supportive and good luck to those starting their journey this week :D

Kate

All the best to you Kate.

You certainly seem to be in the right place as far as your head goes.

You're about to do the best and most important thing you've ever done.

Congratulations - and I look forward to following your progress.

Kinda...

I'm so thrilled for you, Kate! It's finally your day! And your birthday happening too is so appropriate. This is the start of a brand new life and you truly deserve it!

It's perfectly normal to be a little emotional, but keep that goal of a healthy happy life in sight, as I know you're already doing. You've got this!

You've worked hard to get here. So go forth and be sleeved my friend. We'll be waiting here for you when you get back. My thoughts and prayers will be with you!

Hugs and best wishes!!'

@KindaFamiliar and @@The Candidate .. thank you for your kind words.

Not long for you either TheCandidate !!!

I'm tired now (finally) so I'm off to bed.... will log in tomorrow morning before I head out :D

xxx

You be safe, Kate. Get some rest tonight.

And yep, mine is next week. We can compare war wounds. ????

It's so normal to be nervous and emotional. Any life changing event is emotional.

Yeah, it's a change. But for the better! In just a matter of time, you will be having lunch with your coworkers thinner, more confident, and you'll have leftovers to take home to boot!

Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted!

Is tomorrow and I'm actually nervous.

It's my birthday today and 8 friends from work took me out for lunch, they ate and I had my Protein drink and it really hit me how things are going to change. I am so glad of that change for the future and my birthday next year will be different, however today I felt emotional and I ended up crying at work over little work related stuff but I am sure it was more than that...... I haven't been hungry whilst on the pre op diet (i am on day 17) but I have missed chewing and I would love my mouth to taste of more than the bottom of a sewer. So bring on the Soup and yogurt in week two!!

I am excited by the change I am about to go through tomorrow and I don't give a rats ass if it's painful, difficult, downright nasty... I can see the bigger picture and I will remain positive about that. I strongly believe that positive thoughts bring positive change. I won't be a Debbie Downer and if I start whinging you have permission to point me back to this post :P My focus is on good health and all it will bring.

I will be successful, I will have the life I want and need and this lifetime change will be so worth it.

Prayers will help too, so please feel free to if you are so inclined. If not please cross your fingers and wish me well.

Thanks to all for being so supportive and good luck to those starting their journey this week :D

Kate

????????Happy Birthday ????????

How fitting you are starting a new YOU journey as your life turns a new year.

Being positive is a huge part of anything you undergo in life.

Prayers are right beside being positive!!!!

So get some rest and take that one last old you picture tonight!!!! We want to hear from you soon.

Prayer:

Lord I come to you asking for comfort & healing for ukkatruk I pray you give the surgical team rest tonight and ready to embark on this journey. Lord you give us bodies that we are to treat as temples and we all ask for forgiveness for failing you in this. So with your powers help us as we take this huge step in correcting this. Lord help us make wise healthy choices for this point on. We don't deserve the love & forgiveness you give us. So thank you again for your miracles. We ask these things in your precious name...Amen

Happy birthday and congrats on your op! You will be fine and look back on this day in 6 months time (when you're back eating solids) and laugh!

I know you can do this ! I'm only s week ahead of you and I have shared my ups and downs with you . We will be the UK sleevers together . Go girl xx

Happy Birthday and wishing you many more Healthy & FUN Birthdays to come! !

@ I just had that same moment last night. My birthday is This Monday 7/27 same day as my surgery. I having been all over the place happy,excited, nervous, scared. I know that the best present I can give my self is the surgery. I wish you the very best and everyone here. I will pray for you please do the same for me.

Jennifer

Thank you for all the messages. First 4 hrs after op were crap. I couldn't have morphine but persevered and had 3 walks... sipping on the Water and feel so much better. Off to sleep now. So glad it's over... and starting my new life !!!xxxx

Welcome to your new life, Kate! ????. Get some beauty sleep, you earned it!

So happy for you it just gets better now bet u r looking forward to going home ! All the very best to you