Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Aussie sleevers?

@@moomoo yes I do the same cheaper that way too buy few kgs of vanilla in bulk on ebay then just change up with different frozen fruit. I didnt mind shakes on pre surgery doet but after the op I couldn't stand them anymore. I still have Protein Shakes to boost my Protein intake on days I don't eat enough.

Did any of you guys use/plan to use your super to pay the surgery fee? (The 1000's of dollars you have to pay even though you have private health)?

If so, what time frame from applying for it to getting paid? Do they pay the surgeon direct?

Sent from my SM-G930F using the BariatricPal App

I didn't, I paid for it myself but I will use my super to pay for my reconstructive surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Perth sleever .... dec 5th 2016

Self funded no insurance and it cost me a shit load lol..

Had no issues with surgery at all. No pain relief after post 1 day an was in 2 nights.

Down from 84kgs to 68kgs.. and I'm stagnant atm.

Hi guys, I've responded a few times in different topics and it's been so interesting reading about everything. So many differences from pre diet to how long we stay in hospital for, a lot of people in America get kicked out after a few hours-ouch. I am getting sleeved on the 25.1.17, so two days left. I'm doing Optifast and it hasnt been too bad, I guess I'm just use to so many different diets over the years that this one is no different!

Hi guys, I've responded a few times in different topics and it's been so interesting reading about everything. So many differences from pre diet to how long we stay in hospital for, a lot of people in America get kicked out after a few hours-ouch. I am getting sleeved on the 25.1.17, so two days left. I'm doing Optifast and it hasnt been too bad, I guess I'm just use to so many different diets over the years that this one is no different!

25th as well!!! Sleeve sis!!! haha

Where are you located?

Newcastle, 2hrs outside of Sydney. Aussiecosy are you getting nervous? I'm not nervous about actually going through all the processes but I am worried about the anaesthetic as I have had surgeries before and I react really bad with vomiting I'm lucky I've got a sister who has had the sleeve 7 mths ago so I used her as a guinea pig. I'm 35 years olds and I started at 136 kg and I'm about 131kg at the moment.

Yeah I have waited a year but still have to pay $3500 for the sleeve.

Can you use super for Excess skin removal? Didn't know that

Sent from my SM-G930F using the BariatricPal App

Since having my surgery, I've found out a friends daughter had it so we got in contact and chat regularly, not just about the sleeve but life in general. Point of story, she got her reconstructive surgery completed a few months ago and they used super to pay for it. That will be a big relief if I can also get approval from super, I was thinking I'd have to take out a loan!

I'm living in QLD, but having surgery in Sydney. I am nervous as this is my first operation ever so yeah. I'm 29, heaviest weight is 97,5, on pre-op I have dropped to 92, hope to drop 2 more kgs till Wednesday)) my heights is 157

I have insurance right, but I am not at the right level to be able to get WLS covered, I contacted a couple clinics this week, and they have both mentioned that if I raise my cover, and then proceed with surgery once my insurance will cover it, I can then withdraw super out to cover the out of pocket expenses incurred.

Has anyone else done this or heard of anyone in Australia being able to do this?

I have been covered for 10 years now, so I feel like if I raise my cover, they may waive my waiting time.

<_< -_- fingers crossed I guess. haha

Do you know if I can had lemon to my Water? Or will it upset the stomach? I decided to stop my anti nausea medication, I worked out that it was making me feel sick, I feel better not taking it.

I see my doctor tomorrow, I lol let him know