Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Aussie sleevers?

Hey all. I'm 30 and from Central Coast, NSW. Getting sleeved on the 2nd of Feb so I am on my pre surgery diet. My SW was 144 and now down to 136kgs so I am happy so far. It's nice to see fellow Aussies here and reading your stories.

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

Ladies/gents.

Im in Brisbane currently shopping around for a good surgeon, can any one suggest to me any you know or have heard good things?

Sent from my SM-N920I using the BariatricPal App

I'm going through Dr Adib Brisbane Obesity Clinic. I get sleeved in just under 2 weeks so I can let you know how I go if you like.

Ladies/gents.

Im in Brisbane currently shopping around for a good surgeon, can any one suggest to me any you know or have heard good things?

I'm going through Dr Adib Brisbane Obesity Clinic. I get sleeved in just under 2 weeks so I can let you know how I go if you like.

Yes please! That would be greatly appreciated. How are you going with pre-op diet etc? :)

Brookebelynda

Heard one lady was kicked out of hospital at the same day, 6 hours after surgery as it went extremely easy and good for her! Hoping not to stay there more then 1 night

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi, I am an Aussie Sleever.

12 days post op. Starting to get very sick of Soups and liquids. I hated Soup before this, so I doubt I will ever eat Soup again after all this. Every day gets better. I felt like absolute shit for the first week, but after that it gets better. I stayed in hospital for 4 days, cause I wasn't leaving until I felt %100 ready in myself. The nurses did try nicely to push me out but my surgeon was fantastic and said it was up to me when I felt good enough to leave. Everyone one is different and their bodies react differently.

I originally had lap band surgery and it malfunctioned and twisted and caused bad reflux and everything was getting stuck. I have lost the same amount of weight in 3 weeks as I did with the 2 years of Lapband.

So in the next couple of days I can start purée food. Yay. Thick soup.. lol

2 more weeks and home free to start my new way of eating. Pinterest has been getting a work out in preparation.. so many yum recipes..

Lapband Nov 13 - Removed Sept 16

Gastric Sleeve Jan 16

I came home 1 day earlier than recommended by my surgeon, I'm making sure I do everything correctly but i am so scared and questioning if this was a good decision.

When you say after the first week, do you mean from the surgery or from when you got home from procedure? My kids go back to school soon, I'm worried I won't be their "normal" Mum.

Thanks for your reply

One week from surgery, to feel almost human for me. I still get a little light headed and energy less, you just need to have a rest every now and again.

Gastric Sleeve Jan 16

Thank you

That gives me some relief.

When did you feel like you had hit a safe zone? That nothing was going to go wrong and you end up back in the hospital?

Sorry for all the questions

My surgeon told me that if there was anything wrong you would know. You always have the what ifs in the back of your mind, but the trick is just keep it there . That is probably why I wanted to stay in hospital for the full 4 days. Just to make sure. But you will be fine and it will all be over before you know it. It's all downhill from now!

Gastric Sleeve Jan 16

Ladies/gents.

Yes please! That would be greatly appreciated. How are you going with pre-op diet etc? :)

Brookebelynda

Honestly struggling - I'm not good with shakes I cough, gagg and dry reach but I'm hoping it gets easier. Just as well Optifast have the bars as I have been living off them mostly might buy the Soup or dessert tomorrow to see how i go. From 1st January I cut out sugar and high carbs so at least I was over the sugar withdrawl headaches etc before I started the pre-op diet.

Ladies/gents.

Brookebelynda

Honestly struggling - I'm not good with shakes I cough, gagg and dry reach but I'm hoping it gets easier. Just as well Optifast have the bars as I have been living off them mostly might buy the Soup or dessert tomorrow to see how i go. From 1st January I cut out sugar and high carbs so at least I was over the sugar withdrawl headaches etc before I started the pre-op diet.

Cutting sugar is one of the hardest things, well done for that! With the Opti diet, I can't say that I would enjoy it either. I currently have a Protein shake for Breakfast during the week otherwise I never have Breakfast at work. Do you have to have the opti shakes or can you have another shake like a Protein Shake?

Brookebelynda