Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you eat Yogurt? What brand? What sort of toppings do you add to it?

Do you eat yogurt? What brand? What sort of toppings to you add to it?

It seems like everything but plain yogurt has a lot of sugar in it! I'm getting a little sick of yogurt, but it's such an easy Breakfast while I'm at work I want to keep eating it. I just worry because all the mixed yogurts seem to have alot of sugar in them, even if low calorie. I'm hoping to try mixing it up a little bit. Ideas??? :)

Happy Friday everyone!

Hi

I eat Dannon 80 cal Light and Fit. It has fructose and sucrolose. I don't like them as much as Chobani but I'll eat it and keep Chobani as a treat.

My fav Dannon is strawberry Cheesecake.

I'm also a fan of the Dannon Light and Fit, the Greek variety kind. Has 80 calories and if I remember correctly, 8 or 9 carbs. The caramel macchiato is pretty tasty.

I'm also a fan of the Dannon Light and Fit, the Greek variety kind. Has 80 calories and if I remember correctly, 8 or 9 carbs. The caramel macchiato is pretty tasty.

That sounds delightful. Going to have to try that flavor. :)

Look for Dannon's Oikos triple 0 - 15g Protein, 0 added sugar (stevia), 120 calories. I love all the flavors, but the coconut creme I mix with my chocolate Protein shake to give me a "I'm eating a Mounds bar" feeling ;-)

That strawberry cheescake one from Dannon is my favorite as well lol. I also like all the boston cream pie ones and the Strawberry Fage one.

I tried to like yogurt, I really did. But the only brand/flavor I grew to love (Oikos Greek, apple Pie flavor) had too many grams of sugar in it (17 or so). Gave up on yogurt altogether-- way to many wasted containers in hopes I'd like one.

The best yogurt I have found is FAGE 0%. I don't have a container of it right now, but I think one cup contains 23 grams of Protein, 12 carbs, and 120 calories. Please correct me if I am wrong. The downside to this stuff is that it is quite expensive and only stays good for a week after you open it.

The best yogurt I have found is FAGE 0%. I don't have a container of it right now, but I think one cup contains 23 grams of Protein, 12 carbs, and 120 calories. Please correct me if I am wrong. The downside to this stuff is that it is quite expensive and only stays good for a week after you open it.

I only buy FAGE 0% Greek yogurt. I eat it pretty much daily. In fact, I buy it by the case from Whole Foods. (6 pts @ $6.99ea - 10% case discount). I add it to my Protein shakes in the morning, use it instead of sour cream and even as a mayo replacement. I like that the only ingredients are milk and yogurt cultures. Nutrition breakdown is Calories 130, Fat 0, Carbs 9gm, Protein 23gm, Sugar 9gm per cup.

As for add ins, I use pretty much anything on hand; fresh fruit, almond butter, a drizzle of raw honey, and on the rare occasion I buy flavored Protein powder, I'll add a scoop of that and mix with the yogurt and then sit in the fridge for a bit to chill to the consistency of pudding.

Look for Dannon's Oikos triple 0 - 15g Protein, 0 added sugar (stevia), 120 calories. I love all the flavors, but the coconut creme I mix with my chocolate Protein Shake to give me a "I'm eating a Mounds bar" feeling ;-)

Oh how I loved Mounds bars pre-surgery. Add your idea to my cache!

I never considered adding Protein powder to the Fage Greek Yogurt. That would be delicious with some good tasting Protein Powder. I'm going to order the Syntrax Matrix Peanut Butter Cookie flavor. If I mixed it with the Fage Greek Yogurt it would be like a dessert with tons of Protein.< /p>

My only issue with yogurt is that I have to be cautious about eating it too frequently. It can be a slider, so I have to eat it slowly and sparingly. It's so easy for me to eat a lot at one time if I'm not paying attention. That is why I dislike that it only stays good for about a week after you open it.

yogurt? What brand? lot of sugar

@@scarletwitch19

never, ever liked any type of yogurt (yeach) :angry:

i tried the 2 below types of yogurt PO

lots of Protein :)

now, i usually eat one yogurt a day :)

Fage is my favorite :)

Light&Fit is great

i'm addicted to the greek key lime

yum yum :rolleyes:

@@WL WARRIOR

145 lb down :) !!!

GOAL

you are doing terrific :rolleyes:

keep up the good job

i buy the small individual container of the Fage 0% greek plain

it's more expensive, but it lasts a long time

i always stock up :)

i bought it a few days ago and it expires August 14th

the larger container i can understand why it expires so quickly

once you open, it looses it freshness

you need to eat it quicker than individual ones since the lid has been removed :wacko:

you are no dummy, so i'm sure you figured the above out already :rolleyes:

Fage plain greek 0% Light & Fit Greek Yogurt

size size

6 oz ? (looks like same size as Fage, but doesn't state)

protein protein

18 gr 12 gr

calories calories

6 oz 80

carbs carbs

7 9

it is more expensive buying individually, but i'm worth it :rolleyes:

so are you :)

i mix "8" fresh blueberries, and one sweet and low

can't get much better than that :)

kathy

I'm good about portioning mine out. Most days I eat 4ounces at a time. I usually add anywhere from ½ to ¼ cup to my Protein Shakes in the morning.

ProudGrammy,

Thanks so much! It feels great to have all of the extra weight off. At this time last year, I couldn't even sit comfortably because I was so obese. Sometimes, I have to think back to all those things that were so difficult to do last year so that I can stay grateful for what the surgery has done for me.

I love the lime flavor Light and Fit Greek yogurt. In fact, I have five of the small containers in my fridge now.