Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved June10th 2015 and STILL at a stall!

Had surgery on June 10th of this year so I am 5 weeks out as of today. I went in for my one month follow up last week and was the exact same weight as my one week follow up and the doc wasn't concerned one bit...I however was like wth? Now one week later still stalled...this scale isn't budging. Also to add to my frustration I am on a birth control that stopped by periods a few years ago and since one week out of surgery my period as been constant, never letting up...again wth? Is this my body still adjusting after surgery? I have read other peoples stalls and gains but not sure I've seen someone stall for this long. Help a girl out lol :unsure:

I had my sleeve on June 8 and am a very slow loser, but still a loser! How much did you lose after 1 week? You don't tell us your starting weight of BMI but the smaller you are at start, your age, and your personal metabolism all affect. There is a wonderful article rogofulm (sp) usually posts that is really helpful. As for your bleeding, you might want to consult with your GYN. How many ounces of Water are you getting in every day and also, how many grams of Protein? It takes a lot of water to burn and flush fat! Good luck! It is maddening but it is working!

I have been stalled for the past week. It will be 1 month for me tomorrow. Very frustrated. I have lost 35 pounds since the 2 week pre-op diet. But now, nothing!! I am having a hard time getting liquids in.....they just don't taste right. I have always been a big Water drinker but since the surgery Water (or any liquid) sickens me. I agree with Shustar...the water plays a huge part in getting the weight off. Ughhh!!! Also, you really need to talk to your GYN to see what's going on with your periods.

I guess I did leave a lot out lol Im 31 5'6 my highest weight was 297 I lost 10lbs pre op diet then another 15lbs the first week..I assume most of which was Water weight. My water intake daily is between 50-60oz and my Protein intake anywhere from 60-70grams daily. I track my food and water intake daily and showed my doc..which I assume is why he wasn't concerned. I also made an appointment with my obgyn who is out on vaca for another two weeks.

Don't worry. I had surgery June 8th and I had my first stall a couple weeks ago. It lasted at least 10 days. I was feeling depressed and like a failure. I went on to you tube and found this girl called sleevedforlife and watched her videos and it made me feel so much better. Everything she went through and experienced I was going through. It also made me laugh with helped. Going on this board helped too. Don't worry you will do great Just keep following your plan

Seesuzyshrink......I could not do liquids or Water either. It tastes really chemical like. The only shake I do is my coffee Protein Shake with milk in the morning and for water I have to use flavor enhancers. I found one that tastes like orange crush and it's awesome! Tastes just like the soda without the carbonation. Hope that helps

Thanks for the reassurement. I also watch the you tube videos of everyone, I like sleevedforlife and Kstar. I just feel like this weight isn't going to go anywhere, the day it does will be one happy day!

Stop all artificial sweeteners they stop weight loss. Try eating 20 gms of Protein every 2-3 hours drink 3-4 liters of Water a day. Count carbs. Keep it under 20 if you can. Try and walk 30-60 min a day. Hills if you can find them. This got me out of my stall! I'm 6 weeks out down 30lbs from 207 to 177! These are just tips that got my stall to quit! Good luck Hun!

Thank you!

I'm having a hard time with the carbs staying close to 30. My NUT said I can have between 30 and 50 grams daily but since I am stalled, I have tried to keep it closer to 30. Today it was 41!! Not happy....I am going to have to rethink my soft food choices. :huh:

How do you keep carbs under 30 grams? I find it almost impossible to do. Usually I am between 50 and 70.

I count them meticulously!!! I have zero carb Protein Powder I mix with almond milk with has 1/2 a carb in 8 oz. and for my meals I eat chicken, eggs, tuna, pork loin, ground chicken etc all that have very little to no carbs. The carbs I do get come from green veggies but I'm usually full from my 2-3 oz of lean meats so my carb intake is low. To which I contribute loosing 30lbs in 5 weeks :) Oh and there are a few carbs also in my Fiber gummies also but I have to have my fiber lol

Edited by alindsey

I'm having a hard time with the carbs staying close to 30. My NUT said I can have between 30 and 50 grams daily but since I am stalled, I have tried to keep it closer to 30. Today it was 41!! Not happy....I am going to have to rethink my soft food choices. :huh:

It's hard in the beginning I was getting like 50-100 I quickly realized Beans were a bad choice in the carb department! As well as some Protein powders I was using that had to many carbs in them. I stay away from potatoes, oatmeal, yogurts and other carb rich foods. Also sugar free foods caused me to stall also :( but I'm in love with my no carb Isopure Protein Powder so I enjoy that as a treat! I do once a week carb cycling by allowing myself like 50-100 carbs that day in yogurt, nuts, Beans or oatmeal just for a little trick-a-roo to my metabolism and to avoid stalls!

I think one HUGE mistake I have made is eating fat free refried Beans (which I love). I can only eat 2-3 tablespoons but since they are loaded with carbs...I guess it adds up if I eat them several days a week. And yes, I have just realized that the yogurt I eat daily has 15 carbs!! So...out that goes. Sounds like eggs, cheese, chicken and fish for me from no on. Trying to stay away from sugar-free foods because of the apartame. Let's see what the next week brings! :P