Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone know about fresno kaiser vs plan? How long, their requirements? Can you tell me anything?

I have Kaiser and I am in the South Sacramento program. Fresno is fairly close and might be similar.

1. PCP signs you up for a WLS overview class

2. If you want to proceed your PCP sends a referral to the bariatric department. (It took me almost a month to hear from them)

3. The bariatric dept will give you an appt for the 4 hour orientation. It's a group class where you'll meet the bariatric team. You'll leave that class with your next appointment. You'll have a meeting with the surgeon who will determine your goal weight, surgery type, and amount of weight to lose pre-op. You'll also have a psyche appt, nutrition appt, and mandatory support group meetings.

Those are just the minimum requirements. It also depends on you and the team. I attended the orientation two weeks ago and see the psychologist next week then I see the surgeon.

Hope that helps! ????

It does, thank you.

I've signed myself up for a optum class, is this was overview class?

My pulmonologist is the one that is referring me, my pcp is agin st it.

Wow a month, that's a long time.

So you are on your way?

Did they determine what type for you? I wanted the sleeve.

Your very helpful

It sounds like you are going to the initial WLS Overview where they discuss the types of surgery and requirements. I could be wrong though. Since Fresno is part of Kaiser Northern California, I would think the steps are similar to South Sacramento. I had to contact my doctor after attending that class so they could send the referral over to the Bariatric Department to go in to the actual WLS program. It's a very popular program apparently and it did take me almost a month for them to call with my Orientation appointment. At this point, since I'm so new to the program, I'm not sure what type of surgery I am having, (I'm leaning towards the sleeve), or how much weight I need to lose prior to surgery, (typically 5-10%). I have to meet with the psychologist first, (not typical of everyone, this is just my case), and then I will meet with the surgeon to discuss the sleeve vs RNY. From there, the ball is pretty much in your court because everything centers on the weight you have to lose pre-op. Once you get to goal weight you see the psychologist, nutritionist, pre-op nurse, etc. Lots of steps, but that is good because it will help get your mind in the game as well! I hope to have my surgery sometime in early-late fall, if everything goes according to plan. :)

Aunt_b

Thank you for the info, here's where I am today.

I had been texting My pulmonologist regarding wls due to my COPD, if she thought it would help. After she did some research and the results of my PFT she said yes. She couldn't get a hold of my PCP to do the referral so she did it herself.

Last month I had called my PCP for the referral an they told me to get into this seminar 8/3 so I schediled one I did that come in for the referral.

So it seems I did it back wards.

Yes, I'm in Fresno and it's exactly what the previous person wrote. I had to have a follow up with my nutritionist before she went on maternity leave by phone. My surgery date is July 21st. Getting anxious!!

Hi, I'm also in South Sac ..I have my psychological appointment on the 4th..good luck

Hello i am going through kaiser richmond ca. I went in on tuesday 9/15/18 my referral done the same day. The wls team called me for orientation TODAY 9/18/15!!!! So my orientation is scheduled for ThurSday 9/24/15!!! 7:45Aam to 12noon i will be meeting with the surgeons, dietitian, case manager, basically the whole team. Im excited even though i really dont have a support system yet. I haven't really told anyone im getting wls because i. Am afraid of rejection and negativity.. but anywho i am excited to be starting this journey!!! It seems like things are rolling along!!!

I can attest to that! I have Kaiser Southern CA and I live in the San Diego area. I had to do the 24 weeks. As far as I can tell, or have heard, San Diego is the only area in Southern CA that has the six month requirement. In all it took a year to complete the hoops and get to surgery.

But it was definitely worth it! ????

Im not sure the timeline on north cal kaiser.. i wont find out anyyhing until orientation