Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VENT pre-menopause and the scale

I am post a little over two months and my TOM isn't regular due to the pre-menopause thing. I have been a scale junkie since puberty kicked in and the weight took off in the wrong direction. Post WLS I am standing on the scale for two weeks and I am really frustrated again with it not moving. I joined in the Labor Day weight loss challenge and was hoping to be under 225 by Monday and under 200 by next Dr apt on 9/8. I feel a bit PMS-ish and I know that even though I cant see "Aunt Flo pull up in her rusty old Cadillac" that I know that the symptoms still come. Headache, Constipation, bloating and I MAY be a little irritable :/

But the darn scale has to not freaking move either???!!!! Its a conspiracy...

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR OMG I am menopausal as well and more than know what your talking about. have always been 40 - 50 lbs overweight all my life doing the yoyo thingy up then down up then down lol I must have lost and gained about 500 lbs in my life lol but since this menopause BS I have packed pounds bringing me to 80 - 100 lbs overweight. I have begun the WLS process and am looking forward to surgery to aid with dropping 80 - 100 lbs and putting an end to the yoyo effect. I wish you the best of luck and hope your weight loss picks up.

@@LeslieT63 you are starting where I was at one time. When I saw 282 on the scale a few months ago I KNEW, without a doubt, that I would be 300lbs soon - scared me to death!

I have NO regrets at all about the surgery....darn scale may get to spend the weekend on the porch!

I am also in the process of menopause and it sucks. Every pound lost is a battle at this point in my journey. The tool makes it easier but there are many weeks where I fight back and forth with the same 2lbs.

The good news is, I don't really seem to gain, I just struggle to lose for a few weeks and then something will kick in and I start to lose again. It definately makes for a slower weight loss.

And, I believe my hair loss might be sinificantly worse because of going through menopause.

Let's not even talk about the 15 to 30 hot flashes I get every day. Ugh! Looking forward to when I get through menopause and see the other side.

Oh well, I am still thankful everyday for being a women and now a brand new healthier woman at that! I would not give up my experiences for anything!

@@Djmohr - my Hair loss began about 10 years ago and it thinned a bit. it sucks but like you said I am so much happier being post WLS than I was before.

@@LeslieT63 - the start of menopause I think did help with the weight gain :(