Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

...although, I've heard from a few people that had had RNY, that they never experienced full dumping syndrom, They did say there were milder side effects after eating, like discomfurt, abdominal pain, and maybe a little vomitting.

I also realize everybody is different, but I was hoping to get a sense for what types of food that you used to love just aren't working out for you right no.

And also, what foods that you loved before, are you able to enjoy again, but are surprised they didn't give you any problems.

I find my stomach is a little sensitive to hot/cold. Like when I gulp coffee in the morning, it sometimes doesn't react well. Also, shredded meat sometimes causes me problems. Usually, if I take it slow and chew well, I am fine though.

I will get milder symptoms of dumping but not actually get the full blown vomiting and diarrhea. I get the abdominal cramping, sweats and just plain don't feel good.

For me what usually will bring this on is over eating or too much sugar or fat at one time. I can eat almost everything but it is the quantity of that food. For example, I have had ice cream. If I eat 3 or 4 spoonfuls I am just fine. If I eat a whole scoop full I get those dumping syndrome symptoms I described above,

Don't be terrified of dumping syndrome, you just learn what foods cause it for you and stay away. In the beginning I simply did not even push the envelope at all. I followed very clear instructions from my nut. I waited until I was 6 months post op before I even started experimenting.

The hardest thing for me has been overeating. Still I have trouble with this every once in a while and it will cause these symptoms. It usually happens if I am eating something that is simply too delicious and I want one more bite. That one bite will push me over the edge.

Again, you can control this by following the rules. Don't be terrified.

The milder side effects come before full dumping syndrome. They are like an early warning system. Once you begin to recognize the signs, you learn quickly to just stop eating.

I've been paying close attention for signs of dumping, but haven't gone out of my way to 'test' it either. Closest I've felt was a a slightly increased heart rate and and noisy, stomach (not cramping-- just making noise).

I haven't had anything significant really that *I* think would bring on dumping...but maybe its just early. I've heard people say they dump from sugar in ketchup/bbq sauce etc-- but I can consume those with no issue.

I'm almost 5 weeks post-op and the first I experienced was this past Saturday. I felt uncomfortable feeling in my chest, I burped alot also stomach gurgling and my body temperature felt hot. I had some chicken off of the grill and some veggies I believe the chicken may have had some BBQ Sauce glaze that I didn't realize at the time and/or I may have ate it too fast. However, today, I had my appointment with my surgeon so I grabbed a hard boiled egg and turkey sausage from our cafeteria. I don't know what happened, but after my appointment I had Water (which was 30 minutes after I ate) I started feeling uncomfortable in my chest, hiccups then headache. Next thing I know I'm in the bathroom throwing up my entire Breakfast. Not sure what was in that turkey sausage and hard boiled egg but my tummy didn't like it. Once it was out of my body, I felt great! Nothing severe but I watch for all of the signs from the beginning of my meals.

Thanks everybody! This is great to know.