Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much are you eating at a time!? Just seeing where everyone is at and what they are doing. I'm 3 1/2 weeks out I don't really measure ounces because I eat about 2 tablespoons most of the time and am full. Just curious TIA!:)

I'm 15 months out and it totally depends on what I'm eating. I can eat a 2 oz turkey burger with 1/2 slice cheese on top (no bun, no side dish) but I could eat a ton of crackers or chips. I still get satisfied with a 5.3 oz Greek yogurt which is good. I still weigh and measure most everything because I can eat a bit more but I don't lose weight if I do. When I was at your stage I never thought I could be able to finish a yogurt ever again haha.

I can eat anywhere from 3-5 oz of lean Protein at a time depending on what it is and how long it's been since the last time I ate. I can eat a small salad or a serving of zucchini or green Beans.

I do weigh and measure because I track on My Fitness Pal to make sure I'm hitting my Protein and carb and calorie goals.

I am like a religious freak about weighing my food... I am only 4 months out and I get stuffed when I go over 4 oz... 5 oz is pushing it for me.. From what I have read and researched the sleeve does stretch over the years so I am very careful of going over the 4 oz limit that my doctor and nutritionist have set..

I am like a religious freak about weighing my food... I am only 4 months out and I get stuffed when I go over 4 oz... 5 oz is pushing it for me.. From what I have read and researched the sleeve does stretch over the years so I am very careful of going over the 4 oz limit that my doctor and nutritionist have set..

Even with liquids you never go over 4oz? I do with Water and Protein Shakes :( hope I'm not stretching it. I can drink tons of water at once! How long do you wait after 4oz to eat/drink more?

Hi, when I drink liquids I still can't gulp... I go slow and sip on my Protein shake... I can't drink tons of Water. I have a friend who had the surgery the day before my surgery and she was a very big Water drinker from the beginning.. She drinks a lot even now. I have seen her drink with her meals and I have reminded her that our surgeon said it was important not to do that in fear of possibly stretching the pouch somewhat (not to mention the uncomfortable feeling of filling up too soon and not getting in the nutrients that you need at the meal. If you are drinking water then it will fill you up quicker and you will get full leaving some of your food. I have also read that the water may pass the nutrients and food straight on through, so several thoughts behind that rule, if you will)... I researched this topic a lot and all of the research behind the reason that we should wait 30-45 min before eating to drink and waiting 30 or so min after eating to drink.. It was hard for me at first but now I don't even think about it.. I just do it... Being a nurse for 24 years and researching some of these "why you do it this way" helped me to solidify the fact of why I should follow sound research.... My friend has not joined any support groups or things like this where you can read several other people's opinions and experience and she ends up asking me a lot of questions.. I have encouraged her to research, read and get on here or other forums for info but she has not yet done that. The way I look at it, is that I have been told the pouch will stretch over time (that's a given), so I do not do anything else that will stretch it before that time comes when it will stretch with time... Hope this helps..

Kellee

@@Inner Surfer Girl.... Pouch or sleeve. I'm speaking in terms to both sleevers and gastric bypass... Thanks.....