Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had surgery on June 15. I am down 10lbs from following the pre and post op surgery diet but I'm starting to get hungry and I won't get my first fill until after I come back from vacation (my doc preferred I wait until after I come back) on Aug. 17. That's exactly 2 months from surgery.

I'm worried I won't lose anymore weight from now until my fill because of this gnawing little hunger I'm starting to get back since my swelling is down. I guess I thought I'd see more weight loss at this point. I seem to lose a pound or two and then I weigh myself and it's back to just the 10lb weight loss.

I guess I just need to stick to more Protein and less everything else. I already feel like I don't eat enough to be satisfied. Ugh I'm frustrated.

I've been sticking to the recommended diet from the nutritionist. High Protein, low carb, and no more than 1/2 to 1 cup meal portions and its kickstarted my weight loss without having a fill yet. Surgery was June 17, I lost 10 pounds pre op and 8 pounds post op. I just keep trucking along hoping it will all pay off.

Yeah, I need to just do high Protein and almost eliminate all carbs. I can't eliminate them entirely because I need to satiate that need for bread/pasta/rice. I actually weighed myself this morning and I'd lost 2lbs so that was a nice surprise. It also shows me that the high Protein low carb thing works.

Gotta keep trucking along like you said. :-)

I thought that I would need the carbs to stay full, but every time I think about food I try to figure out if it's head hunger, or real hunger. And I've been resisting all carbs and eating high Protein and vegetables. So I only eat if it's real hunger. I've been in counselling to help with the emotional side of eating after surgery and doing mindfulness meditation (sound weird but it's not) and that has helped me so much. I've lost 20 lbs in the last month and I threw my scale out. So I can only weigh myself once a week when I go to my moms. I'm trying to focus on the other good parts of life like walking on a trail in the sunshine, and listening to my son laugh. But it has not been all fun, it has been the hardest thing I have ever done, but I know it will be worth it eventually. I think you probably understand how it's been cause we are in the same boat. I'm choosing to cut out bread and Pasta and rice not just cause it could get stuck in the band but because I get so addicted to those substances and I really am striving to be free of those issues. I think you know yourself the best and know what you need to do to be healthy and not starving all the time. So give yourself a pat on the back, you are already different and stronger than you were before.

Thank you for the encouraging words. I needed them!

I lost 10lbs very quickly after surgery because of the diet you follow post surgery. Now that I am on pretty much normal foods without restrictions (other than portion size restrictions) I have gained 3lbs. I'm hungry a lot. I kinda fell off the Protein shakes but have started back again. I'm going to stick to just Protein and very small portions of carbs until my fill on 8/17 and see what happens. I want to be able to be under my post op appointment weight when I go for a fill. That was 284.6 and I'm back at that as of today. Hopefully it keeps going down.