Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Date July 5th! Hooray!

I am scheduled to have my pre-op in the morning and my surgery date is July 5th! I am soooooo excited!:whoo:

I am scheduled to have my pre-op in the morning and my surgery date is July 5th! I am soooooo excited!:whoo:

Congrats on your date! Don't forget to stop by the Lucky 7s Thread (July 07 Bandsters).

Thank You all! Happy Independence Day! My 4th of July will be spent drinking Clear Liquids. (I'm okay with that!)

Who is doing your surgery? I'm going thru Dr. Shrikanth of Franciscan Health System in Federal Way, Wash. I'll be thinking of you while I"m working..

I am going thru Dr.Srikanth too-I am still waiting on insurance approval. Do you have your surgery date yet?

I called my insurance and KNOW that I have approval by Dr's office is taking there own sweet time doing whatever it is they have to do to verify. I really want to do this and I'm starting to find the process irritating.. I'll probably have to wait until the first of the year..I'm pretty sure that insurance is going to require the supervised diet thing and I don't think Jenny Craig qualifies. Stacy, do you live close to federal way? I work at the Benson Plaza Fred Meyer in Renton by the hosp. I'm a manager for the front checkstand if you're every in the area stop in and talk to me I'd love to get you opions on how things are going for you with Dr. S

Mendy

Mendy, I have had many problems with the submission for insurance too- I hopefully will know something next week. what insurance do you have? I have read that if you have to have a supervised diet and you did jenny craig or weight watchers if you get a copy of the chart some insurance companies will accept that in lieu of dr supervised diet. you may want to check on that . I do live in federal way, but work in renton down by thriftway off grady way- you will have to tell me when you work and may be I can swing by - I am a little irritated with dr ofc too because they submitted my paperwork to the wrong fax number- not that it was their fault but they should have called first- if I had not been calling to check status on a weekly basis i would never have known the insurance did not receive it. so basically it was resubmitted for the third time last week but now we have a contact at the insurance company, so I have my fingers crossed. so anyways, thats where I am at, hoping to have a surgery date sometime in july.

Stacy

Stacy, Next week I'll be working mostly 10-8 and Thurs and Fri 8-6 pm. I'm the Relief Asst. Mangr for Operations, so look for me in a red vest at the main cashier section running "Position A". My street name is Melynda..LOL. My insurace thru Kroger (Fred Meyer) is BCBS PPO and I've already checked with them and they do cover the lap band surgery, I'm hoping to slide past the diet thing..My insurance only cover center of exellence facilties and I liked Dr Shrikanth's rep so that's why I'm going with him..I called and left another msg today and they called back saying that they'll verify my stuff on Monday and she has a lot to call for. I haven't even had an appt. yet. They won't see me until they verify. What's so funny is that I'm sitting here at home looking at a page that my insurance sent me stating what they'll cover and at what cost. Maybe I should fax that to them..

mendy

Congratulations on your July dates Ladies!

Wishmeluck: How long did it take you to get a surgery date from the date you began the process?