Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post-209531-14353653577153_thumb.jpg

I began my journey July 30, 2014 when I was 55 I had Gastric Bypass surgery. At my highest weight I was 247 at surgery I was 237 and I'm 5'1

I was always depressed and hated how I felt about myself. I always thought I was not a very smart person had no self esteem. I thought about having the surgery in 2013 but I felt I was not ready at the time. In 2014 I was tired of being sick and tired all the time. I felt so ready to have the surgery I committed to myself that I was going to get healthy. It was the best decision I ever made! I went from a size 22 to a 4. I am confident for the first in my life I also can think clear and made good decisions. I thank the good Lord every day for my life and this surgery. It is a wonderful journey that I'm on. I had no complications from the surgery it was great! I did have my gull bladder out in March from losing a lot of weight very fast. I love my wonderful very Blessed life! I can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for me next.

@@NewLife4Me7,

Wow! You look fantastic and I am guessing you feel pretty darn great as well! Congratulations on your fabulous progress!

You look great!!!!

I had my surgery March 31, 2015. Went into surgery at 229 after doing the shakes.

Am 11 weeks post op and have lost 50 pounds.

Am still having a hard time eating as I don't cook and basically am on the same foods. My husband cooks but am afraid to eat the food.

I hope, by the grace of God, I can be successful too!

Blessings.,,

How amazing! I am 11 days poSt op and have my before photos ready. Yes, you are truly blessed. God has been very faithful to me Also on this journey!

Well done, you have worked hard to achieve this and you deserve a healthy, happy future. I am just starting out on my journey, and I can identify with how you felt before you had wls. Your story gives me great hope and you are an

inspiration. Congratulations again and enjoy your new lease of life.

Thank you everyone. May God Bless you all on your journey as well. I know it's a little hard at first until you get use to eating right and doing the right things then it will become natural for you to do. As you see the results you will want to do better and better each day.

BusyLizzy I only threw up after surgery, when I had my gallbladder attack and in the beginning when I ate to much.

Yes, because I lost so much weight so fast in March this year I had a gallbladder attack and had to have it removed. I'm doing very good now and feel great!

Wow that freaks me out but I'm happy to hear you're ok????????

Did you find yourself hungry in those liquid only stages post op?

Is it true that the sleeve removes the hunger hormone?

I was not hungry all the time and still not. I just know when to eat every 4 hours. I had the Gastric Bypass and they remove the hungry hormone called Ghrelin. Some people I know still get hungry and some don't.

NewLife4Me7, it was encouraging reading your story. You did not sugar coat anything as you gave the truth about what you have gone through. You came out a winner and I am happy for you. Thank you for sharing your success story and I pray you have more blessings from the Lord.