Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow, you're all being so nice to me! Too bad I don't work with any of you!

(FYI: I have been wearing well-fitted clothes (clothes that had previously gotten too snug).)

We are nice and friendly here! Just don't cross us with talk about food funerals and how quick can I loseX

Pounds....

Nah. It seems we answer almost all questions respectfully ( well .. Lipstick girl gets testy ). Haha

Seriously. I think we have peoples best interest in mind with their new

Bodies!!!

Don't worry. All of the sudden it will be very obvious to everyone around you. I actually became very uncomfortable with all of the attention that my sudden weight loss drew. Some people just go on and on and on about it. You'll soon start to hear that you're too skinny!

Good Luck on your amazing journey!

don't feel too bad, i'm 5 3 and i have to lose about 20kg so in pounds about 40lb, before people notice. Especially if you see someone frequently it's hard to notice.

It's like the growing up of a young child - a parent won't notice it day to day but looking back a year or two at photos and thinking wow i can't believe they were that little/ looked like that just last year!

Also I know some people are sensitive at telling someone oh you look good you've lost weight - as I know people have said that to be before and i'm like err no i haven't in fact i think i just added 10lb over the last month or two! I'm sure many people have had that happen as well.

it will happen at some point and when it does it will feel great!

Don't worry. All of the sudden it will be very obvious to everyone around you. I actually became very uncomfortable with all of the attention that my sudden weight loss drew. Some people just go on and on and on about it. You'll soon start to hear that you're too skinny!

Yeah, for the first time in 51 years, I'm promising to try and gain a few pounds. Which is completely unreal, because for half a century I've been saying the exact opposite! Sheesh! :blink:

@@Babbs - thanks for reminding me that I need to just keep plugging along at MY pace. I had surgery 7 weeks ago. I started my journey back in Nov and at one point since then (when?) I remember weighing 282 on my home scale. I didn't want to write it down, because I couldn't believe how big I was getting. I actually backed out of WLS in Dec and decided in mid- January to do it. Maybe it was then when I saw the 282 that did it....

At my 3 NUT visits we weighed in - she couldn't provide the weight I remember which was 266. I know for a fact I was around low 270s/upper 260s. Today at 230 - its 36 lbs gone!

@@JamieLogical - sorry if I confused you. Hopefully my response to Babbs cleared it up. Its been a long week.

No one noticed mine (or said anything at least) until I'd lost 87. Now at 120 they all ask "we're worried about you, you've dropped a TON of weight in the last couple of weeks." It's hard not to pull out graph paper and chart it for them.

Nope, that’s not vain at all, in my opinion! It always feels nice to get compliments, especially for something we’ve worked so hard at.

Now, why haven’t people commented? Maybe they haven’t noticed. Depending on how your body weight is distributed and what you wear, it can take a loss of 10 or 20% or more before people even suspect you may be losing weight, and it can take more before they’re sure enough to comment on it.

They may also be hesitant to comment on it. As others here have experienced, your friends and family and coworkers might not want to comment on your weight if it’s gone up and down a lot before.

For me, I am hesitant to comment on other people’s weight loss when I am not sure how they will react. Some people really hate comments on their weight, even if they are compliments. I always worry that they may think I’m being patronizing or simply nosy.

Keep losing weight, though, and the compliments will come sooner or later. When they do, they will be so worth it!

I have some friends who don't comment/compliment on weight loss because if you don't know the situation you can really put your foot in your mouth. Like if you tell someone how great they look and it turns out they've lost weight because they have cancer. Keep plugging away, you are doing great!

We are nice and friendly here! Just don't cross us with talk about food funerals and how quick can I loseX

Pounds....

Nah. It seems we answer almost all questions respectfully ( well .. Lipstick girl gets testy ). Haha

Seriously. I think we have peoples best interest in mind with their new

Bodies!!!

post-175552-0-25470100-1435449169_thumb.jpg

I'm one of the people who don't like comments about their weight so it didn't bother me that people were slow to notice. If anyone says 'have you lost a lot of weight' I just smile and say 'yes I have' and change the subject, then I don't get drawn into boring diet talk.

When it happens, it'll probably come out of nowhere and EVERYONE will say something at the same time.

My boss, my niece, and the girls who sit next to me at work noticed early on (or they were being nice, which is probably it). I haven't dropped a size in 2 months, but a couple of weeks ago people I don't work that closely with just started popping up and complimenting me.

Crazy, right?

You've made some outstanding progress though, and whether anyone notices or not, you have everything to be proud of! :D

Personally, I wish people wouldn't comment on my weigh loss. It makes me uncomfortable, just like being called fat made me uncomfortable. I was so thrilled when I started a new job and no one knew me as an obese person. Clean slate. Unfortunately that didn't last very long as I've lost 26lbs since being there. Now several times a week I'm asked about my weight, where is the food going, why don't I ever order Chinese on Fridays, eat the Bagels on Mondays, or keep a candy bowl on my desk like everyone else. Simply exhausting.

I literally had to get to 50lbs before anyone not in the loop even mentioned my weight loss. But once they started its been daily since! Don't let it get you to down, you're doing great!!