Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In a stall 6 weeks out

I need help breaking this stall im thinking about going back.to liquid for a couple of days ever since they added meat to my diet i have lost and gained the same 7lbs :( any and all . suggestions welcome!!!!

Are you doing Protein shakes still? those have just been easier. I do eat a little tuna or chicken, but little is about all I can do. Try to make sure you are getting other liquids in too. Stalls do happen, but the liquid may help some.

Did you take measurements in the beginning too? One of the things to remember is that a stall on weight isn't necessarily a total stall - your body may still be losing fat and gaining muscle, but the scale isn't going to show that is happening...

I took measurements of upper arms, bust, waist, hips and thighs to track the changes and do a monthly check up on all of those. I've had a month where I barely lost 4 pounds as far as the scale was concerned, but lost INCHES off my waist and hips.

And even if it is a stall, it may just be your body needs a little time to adjust to each new thing you add in. Starting meats is a big deal - remember your body hasn't had that in weeks or even months depending on your doctor's diet plan. It just may be that your body is all "WTH is this????" and you need to give it time to freak out a little and adjust. ;)

Eat what you can, by all means take a step back to liquids if that makes sense to you for a few days, but just remember as long as you're following the basic diet stages, your body will catch up and the stall will break. :)

Are you doing Protein Shakes still? those have just been easier. I do eat a little tuna or chicken, but little is about all I can do. Try to make sure you are getting other liquids in too. Stalls do happen, but the liquid may help some.

I haven't been doing my Protein shakes like i should. I'm gradually starting drinking them.again i feel like i have.to gag them down.

Did you take measurements in the beginning too? One of the things to remember is that a stall on weight isn't necessarily a total stall - your body may still be losing fat and gaining muscle, but the scale isn't going to show that is happening...

I took measurements of upper arms, bust, waist, hips and thighs to track the changes and do a monthly check up on all of those. I've had a month where I barely lost 4 pounds as far as the scale was concerned, but lost INCHES off my waist and hips.

And even if it is a stall, it may just be your body needs a little time to adjust to each new thing you add in. Starting meats is a big deal - remember your body hasn't had that in weeks or even months depending on your doctor's diet plan. It just may be that your body is all "WTH is this????" and you need to give it time to freak out a little and adjust. ;)

Eat what you can, by all means take a step back to liquids if that makes sense to you for a few days, but just remember as long as you're following the basic diet stages, your body will catch up and the stall will break. :)

i did take my measurements i just need to.find them!! Yes it was a month before surgery that i couldnt have meat. I know stalls happen it just seems like i have been in this one for 2 weeks!

I gained 3 pounds and then sat there for a month between weeks 7 and 11. I was super nauseous from a medication I was taking and could barely eat or drink anything. As soon as I was off the Meds I doubled my Water and calorie intake and lost 8 pounds in one week.

In the meantime, while I wasn't losing I dropped a whole pant size. That's just the way this WLS thing goes. As usual, my best advice is drink lots of Water, get in all your Protein, take your Vitamins, eat healthy, exercise and stay OFF the scale.

Congratulations! You have reached, and are hopefully coming to the end of The Dreaded Week-3 Stall. It's perfectly normal, and just about all of us have suffered through it. You're not crazy, and your doctor didn't screw up. In fact, you might not lose any weight for two weeks or even longer. But don't worry – after that, the pounds will start falling off if you stick to your program. And, the inches will continue to come off even while the scale isn't budging. Here's a good article that explains why it happens and why we all have to go through it. Hang in there. Pretty soon it'll be in the rear-view mirror and you'll be dropping weight again!

(Apologies to BP regulars who have seen this repeatedly, but it's a big deal to those who are going through it!)

I haven't been doing my Protein shakes like i should. I'm gradually starting drinking them.again i feel like i have.to gag them down.

There are lots of Protein Shakes out there. You should be able to find one you like. My personal favorite is Premier Protein, chocolate flavor. 30 grams of Protein, 160 calories, and 1 gram of sugar. You can buy them at costco or Walmart. If you haven't already, give them a try!

There are lots of Protein Shakes out there. You should be able to find one you like. My personal favorite is Premier Protein, chocolate flavor. 30 grams of Protein, 160 calories, and 1 gram of sugar. You can buy them at costco or Walmart. If you haven't already, give them a try!

Sadly before surgery i loved premier shakes! Bought tons of them! I have one left and some powder. I've been making 4oz shakes with half a scoop of Protein Powder which is about 18.5g a serving (with lactose free milk) i do that 3 -4 times a.day to reach my protein goal, im having yogurt for Breakfast and dinner and a shake for my 'snacks' and a shake for lunch so far im down 2lbs since yesterday but ky sr said if its not more then 5lbs difference it isnt a loss

Hang in there! Stalls happen, and then they stop. you just have to ride them out. Did you read the article I linked to that explains them? That might help. Keep making good choices and you'll get through this. We're with you!!!

I hit a stall at 6 weeks for 2 weeks. I knew it was going to happen, and will again. Your body is so out of whack after surgery that it has to right itself occasionally. I would keep moving forward with your meats. You are going to have to eat them eventually and your body is going to have to adjust to it. that's a big impact on your body. I knew I was out of my stall when my clothes started feeling different. I went to the surgeon's yesterday and had dropped 43lbs since presurgery. I am in agreement with rogoflum. Premier Protein is awesome. I have it in chocolate and strawberry. I get it at Sam's. I start my day with one when I take my meds and I end the night with one. that way I know I have gotten 60gms of Protein at least that day. Also, they say that the more protein you have in your diet the less chance of hair falling out down the road. just that fact inspires me to have as much protein as possible. Just an FYI, Sam's sells this awesome chicken mixture that is similar to the lettuce wraps at PF Changs. It's 70 calories for 2Tbl and hardly any carbs and sugar. I can't get enough of it. I put a little in a lettuce leaf or 2 and I am happy. Best of luck in your journey.

Hang in there! Stalls happen, and then they stop. you just have to ride them out. Did you read the article I linked to that explains them? That might help. Keep making good choices and you'll get through this. We're with you!!!

Yes i sure did read it yesterday after i posted this thread! !