Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post sleeved Group Question

I was sleeved last Tuesday 6/16/15 and feel that I have been doing well. Water at 80 oz, two Protein Shakes and 3 clear liquid meals. My worry is that is is getting easier too fast!

I have been able easily get my required water down in the morning with out gulping or having pains. I've already walked over a .5 miles today Had a BM and feel pretty well-

Has anyone had this experience. In all my research it showed folks on YouTube struggling daily for water and shakes and food was a huge issue and I'm not having issues at all. I was on s Clear liquids for 14 days, pre-op. Now full liquids for 14 days, then purée 14 days, soft 14 days, and then reg diet.

I worried that Im on the road to a Jinx situation.

Feed Back Please

Edited by AJ cowgirl

You are doing great. Restriction with things like liquids only happens because stomachs are bruised, swollen, and traumatized after surgery. You are healing well and had a surgeon who did meticulous work, leaving you not as bruised and swollen as some. This is a good thing -- don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Also, keep in mind that people tend to go online to complain about bad things happening, ask questions that are worrying, etc. Think about it -- if you spent the day walking around the city and got mugged and had your bag stolen, you would probably get on Facebook or Twitter or whatever and talk about how horrible your day was and how your bag got stolen. But if you spent the day walking around the city and that didn't happen, you probably wouldn't start tweeting, "wow, my bag wasn't stolen today! I wasn't mugged!" -- all this to say, if you are online you are likely going to hear A LOT more from people who have problems and struggles than from the great majority who are doing fine and recovering with no problems.

Thanks. Maybe it is a gift horse... :-) I hope it doesn't buck.

Thanks for the feedback. I was very impressed with the hospitalization and the team. I'm also keen to suffer a bit without pain meds cause I hate being gorked on pain meds. I think they hinder outcomes when overused.

I'm almost 3 months out. I did not have a problem getting my liquids or Protein, really from the beginning. I've also had almost no nausea. I've lost 47 pounds (including the pre-op diet.) Even though I had no trouble getting in my liquids, I'm full after eating 5 ounces of Greek yogurt even now. My sleeve is definitely working for me. I think I was just blessed with a relatively easy postop course. Sounds like you were too. The weight will come off. It seemed slow to me in the beginning, but losing 47 pounds since mid-March is not really slow, so I'm not complaining. Good luck!

My situation is similar to yours. I had no pain, could easily drink, went to soft foods at one week, was eating shellfish at two weeks, etc.

At my one month follow up visit with Doc, he explained to me that about 50% of folks have no issues, but that the other 50% have issues with severe restriction and can't drink much, can't eat much, can't hold much food down.

So, from my vantage point, we hear more from folks with problems, than those with no problems.

-RC-

I was sleeved on 6-15 and started full liquids Tuesday. I am like you and getting around 800 calories a day and able to tolerate anything with no nausea and very little gas pains. I can get my liquids in and getting about 80 gr Protein per day. I don't mind that it is easier for me. I just know that any progress I make is permanent forward progress.

Hello I had my procedure on May 13 and it has been a struggle for me to eat or drink. They say everybody body handles it different I guess my body is one of those congrats and keep up the good work.

Sorry to hear that. I have always been a Water guzzler if that is any help. Have you met with your doctor? Another who had to set a goal to drink every hour, are you on Prilosec too? This seamed to be a big help in the beginning.

I was sleeved on June 8. No problems whatsoever. It was easy to get Water and Protein in. I got scared that they didn't make my stomach small enough. When I started pureed foods this past week, I was flaborgasted at how little my stomach actually holds now. Got sick several times because I just did not believe. I'm a thrilled believer now!

I have lost 30 lbs I am 42 lbs away from my goal weight that I set for myself. I'm still struggling with eating and taking my Vitamins the smell of them makes me sick and when I do take them sometimes it make sick. When do you get your procedure and how are you doing with eating and weight loss journey.

I was sleeved on June 8. No problems whatsoever. It was easy to get Water and Protein in. I got scared that they didn't make my stomach small enough. When I started pureed foods this past week, I was flaborgasted at how little my stomach actually holds now. Got sick several times because I just did not believe. I'm a thrilled believer now!