Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today's the day. I'm waiting at the hospital to be called back. Anxious! Nervous! ????

I'm July 23rd!

Me too! Good Luck! Are you on Clear Liquids?

Yes. Today is my first day on clear liquids. My bag I brought to work must weigh 20 pounds. I didn't know what to bring and I will have it for tomorrow as well. What are you having? I will say that the Gatorade G2 is tasteless. I have the fruit punch.

Today's the day. I'm waiting at the hospital to be called back. Anxious! Nervous!

Good luck girl! Let us know how it went!

Good Luck! Keep us posted.

I'm July 23rd!

Me too! Good Luck! Are you on Clear Liquids?

Yes. Today is my first day on clear liquids. My bag I brought to work must weigh 20 pounds. I didn't know what to bring and I will have it for tomorrow as well. What are you having? I will say that the Gatorade G2 is tasteless. I have the fruit punch.

Yep! I've been on clears for almost a week. The week before I was on full liquids.

I'm having one of a few different Protein powders mixed with Water (one is a clear protein, and the other two are approved by my surgeon as clear), and beef or vegetable broth (so over chicken broth right now), Jello, and water with crystal light or BCAA Splash (it's a branched chain amino acid powder. Aminos are what make hair...so I am trying to get a jump start on healthy growth before the brittle stage)

I leave my home at 4:30 am tomorrow to fly to Mexico! Getting sooo close!!

Edited by LanaMac

Question: I had surgery today and have been eating ice chips without any issue. Could I be lucky or are the nausea meds going through my IV giving me false hope!

I was only nauseous twice. Once was with the morphine injections which were making me sick every injection, they drove my intestines crazy. The other time was taking a sip of ice Water (the first water they brought me). I have not had any nausea. You are probably good.

Soooo I'm approved for surgery the 29 of July yay! But my preop ekg was abnormal and now i need a stress test. This is going to be on Friday. It's a treadmill and nuclear. Has anyone had this?! Big girl on a treadmill watch out. Is this like full out running? I'm nervous. And what happens if it's positive? Let's hope I don't find out. Start liquids tomorrow. Double whammie!

@@doubledinfla

I had to get stress test too but I had the non treadmill one. Ask for it they may do it over the treadmill one. Prayers that it comes out fine , plz keep us posted . BTW I have had two heaet attacks and two strokes and was ok'd for surgery ,sure you will b fine!!!

Did or does any one have to or had to take levonox shots for 28 after surgery?

Interesting question. I have a history of blood clots (DVT) and my surgeon want ms me to stop my Coumadin 3 days pre-op, he'll give me a shot of lovenox just before surgery and back on Coumadin right after surgery. Not sure how I feel about that since my surgery a few years ago (GYN) was treated much differently.

As someone who's gone through Lovenox multiple times it's a piece of cake. Yes, in the fatty tissue of tummy, but the needle is small.

Surgery went great. The Doctor was impressed by my liver shrinkage. It shrank so much it was floppy, lol. I thought the pain immediately after surgery was moderate. I recall asking for pain medication because it felt so bad, but once it kicked in things weren't so bad. Yes it hurts when I sit up or sit down, but it's manageable. I've slept most of the day and was pretty loopy for a few hours after the procedure. I have also gone for one walk. They had me wait about 6 hours after surgery until walking due to dizziness. The anxiety was worth it, I'm now on the losers bench ????

Surgery went great. The Doctor was impressed by my liver shrinkage. It shrank so much it was floppy, lol. I thought the pain immediately after surgery was moderate. I recall asking for pain medication because it felt so bad, but once it kicked in things weren't so bad. Yes it hurts when I sit up or sit down, but it's manageable. I've slept most of the day and was pretty loopy for a few hours after the procedure. I have also gone for one walk. They had me wait about 6 hours after surgery until walking due to dizziness. The anxiety was worth it, I'm now on the losers bench ????

Yay! Stage 1 complete! Have you had a c section? Does it feel like that? Do you have gas pain? How long were you on liquids to shrink your liver? I start liquids tomorrow (for a week). Still trying to figure out what to "drink"? Is fat free yogurt ok? I really need to look at my preop paperwork!!!!

I had surgery yesterday. It went perfect and by this morning I was walking a ton and having very little discomfort...until they took me off the morphine pump and sent me home. Now I'm in a ton of pain. Hoping each day it gets better.

Surgery went great. The Doctor was impressed by my liver shrinkage. It shrank so much it was floppy, lol. I thought the pain immediately after surgery was moderate. I recall asking for pain medication because it felt so bad, but once it kicked in things weren't so bad. Yes it hurts when I sit up or sit down, but it's manageable. I've slept most of the day and was pretty loopy for a few hours after the procedure. I have also gone for one walk. They had me wait about 6 hours after surgery until walking due to dizziness. The anxiety was worth it, I'm now on the losers bench ????[

[\quote]Yay! Stage 1 complete! Have you had a c section? Does it feel like that? Do you have gas pain? How long were you on liquids to shrink your liver? I start liquids tomorrow (for a week). Still trying to figure out what to "drink"? Is fat free yogurt ok? I really need to look at my preop paperwork!!!!

No, I delivered all 4 kids vaginally so I can't compare it to a c-section. But I take similar precautions when moving/shifting in bed like I did during/after delivery.

I do have some gas. I can feel it in my chest/upper abdomen. At first I thought it was heartburn, but it wasn't. It just kind of sits there, so I've gotten up periodically to walk in the hopes that it will dissipate.

I was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. Everyone's liquid diets appear to be different. Mine didn't allow meals, so yogurt was not allowed. Instead it was Protein Drinks, Jello, and broth; however I never had broth. DH did have broth when he was on his 2 week diet. If I recall my husband did have yogurt during his post-op diet.

Edited by naturegirl

Xxrayyoung. Glad you done good. Don't over do it...I can't wait...I go on 29th to set up surgery.

I had surgery yesterday. It went perfect and by this morning I was walking a ton and having very little discomfort...until they took me off the morphine pump and sent me home. Now I'm in a ton of pain. Hoping each day it gets better.

I hope you feel better soon! Mine is July 29!

Edited by Gatzy