Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 10 was surgery day. During this recovery stage, I've regretted it every day so far. I think it could bet anxiety getting to me. The discomfort and pain I'm in makes me feel like I've been defeated. That I had to go through this extreme to lose weight.

When will the pain and discomfort end? When will it get better ????

I just had mine on June 11th and am going through the same thing. I can hardly get Water down and when I do I get a spasm that hurts. Not to mention the awful gas build up. I'm sure it is all part of the healing process, I just want to get past this part. I will be interested to hear what others have to say about it. When will we start feeling better?

I was banded June 2 so I know exactly how both of you are feeling as I was recently there. It took almost a week for the gas pains in my shoulders go away and that was the worst part for me. It was extremely uncomfortable to lay down or do anything really. Also try to walk as much as possible, even if it does hurt it is the best thing you can do! I promise things get better. Tuesday will be 2 weeks for me and I feel great!

I had mine on June 11 and I'm having these awful pains in my chest that come in waves. It's like a wave of nausea and sharp indigestion. They come every 10 min and last a few seconds. Is this the gas? And have others had this? It's so tiring. I'm also a bit stressed because I vomited twice yesterday which I've just realised was due to the pain meds I was taking. I'm so scared I've done something to my band....what symptoms would I have if the band has slipped due to my vomiting?

I am having those same pains. I am waiting for surgeons office to open and ask them about it. But, in the meantime I started taking chewable pepto visual and that has seem to mute the pain associated with those, what I'm calling them, spasms. I still know they are happening but does not hurt as much. I haven't thrown up since the first day. But, have been really close on many occasions. Hang in there, I hear it gets better. I HOPE it gets better!!

Oh can you please let me know what the surgeon told you about the spasams ? I think we are having the exact same issue. Thanks

right there with u guys.....had mine on june 11th ....i think u might be having reflux ...im good there i take nexum ...i also have gas and then the runs realy sounds like fun.....i drink my broth feel very full but 15 mins later i get that hungry feeling back ...

Mine have eased a little today. Hot Soup makes them worse and Sucking on Ice seems to help them so maybe the spasms are just due to the inflammation of the esophagus after the op, which means anything cold will soothe it. Well I'm hoping that's all it is.

I called my surgeons office about it today. They said they happen in one out of every ten patients during recovery and can last a couple weeks. They called me in a script that has helped tremendously. I still know they're happening but the associated pain is gone.

Plus, they are not happening as frequently. Hallelujah!

They are esophageal spasms. They called me in a script for Hyoscyamine.

Thank you. I'm speaking to my surgeon in the morning ( I'm in Australia so bit of time difference lol ) and I'll hopefully also get a script for these nasty spasams.

ah wish I had read this before I did my own post, this may well explain my problem. I had my band fitted on June 12th and have been really suffering with gas/wind. Spasms is a good description x

It gets better! I'm 12 days post op and I promise it does. My recommendation is to walk/sit upright as much as you can and also, DRINK THE CLEAR WHITE GRAPE juice or something similar. The sugar will help turn your brain on. I know I had a lot of trouble with my mind being foggy post op.

Hope it helps! We're in this together!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches