Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was anyone banded in December of '06?

Ibrahem. Cross that bridge when you come to it. Which is worse having the skin with fat in it or having the skin without it?:rolleyes:

but my body will probably.

thats what I'm afraid of

You are right, it's likely to not be pretty. Mine sure isn't. But you can hide 90% of excess skin with clothing (or 100% with surgery HA!) but you can only hide about 10% of excess fat.

Bottom line is in the end it will be worth all the extra skin!

ingyrob ... without fat :biggrin1: thanks

WASaBubbleButt ... that's right, but i don't want to hide my body any more.

i want to go to the beach for one time without being afraid from people staring at me :phanvan .

so it's probably the surgery :) after losing the weight

thanks all and take care

Ibreham - you're so young I bet you're skin has all of its elastisity (ha is that a word?) in it still. I have a friend in her 30's who had bypass, she looks great, no saggy skin anywhere except her belly - which a Tummy Tuck could cure - but the older you are the less elasticisctiy... <-- jk cuz I can't spell it... if you look at the before and after pics they younger people have much better skin tone. Aren't you so happy you had this done now? Lucky you! To be young and to know you'll never be fat again. Don't worry about how long it takes.

I am about like Denise, I am Dec. Banster and have not lost but 27lbs, what is wrong and what I'm I doing wrong?

I am about like Denise, I am Dec. Banster and have not lost but 27lbs, what is wrong and what I'm I doing wrong?

How is your restriction? How is the grazing? How many minutes/hours are you doing daily of hard cardio and weight training? How many calories are you consuming? Are you tracking your calories or estimating?

Denise me and you are in the same boat. I am getting so discouraged I was thinking of going on a liquid diet. I have lost about 37lbs . I really want to speed up this weightloss. My surgon is happy with this but I'm not! I have lost a lb a week since surgery, i want to lose 2 a week. Wasabubblebutt would you mind posting your typical daily menu.

When I was stuck on a plateau, I went back on the liquid diet.

The Protein powder that I used has 120 calories in it. I drank

3-4 of those per day and I started losing again. I am still not a fast loser. I have lost 10lbs since August.

I see some weight gain coming this week. Thurs. is my birthday. Going out to dinner with friends thurs fri and sat nights. I am sure there will also be some birthday cake involved too. If I gain 5 lbs in one weekend, it will probably take me a month to lose it. :mad:

I will do Protein shakes for Breakfast and lunch those days so I can save my calories for dinner and make sure I do a lot of cardio

on those days too. I will try to avoid it, but it seems to happen anyway if I go out to eat.

Scorpio - do you count your calorie intake? You may be taking in alot more calories then you realize, if you have good restriction then you need to resist the "easy" foods, chips, ice cream, foods that go down easy. Then start switching it up to protiens, meats, cheeses, vegies - some go to the south beach diet to get it all going again. Maybe try that?

Denise - I don't think you'll gain 5 lbs from a few dinners out and birthday cake. You may not lose anything but I think we can eat those thing in moderation now and then and still maintain. I know for myself I was eating whatever I wanted and my band allowed me to for a couple of months and didnt' gain a pound. In fact over those couple months I lost a pound or two. Doesn't it make you want to say.. I LOVE MY BAND!

Not me. I gain weight really easily. I have gained 5 lbs over a weekend of eating wrong several times. It never makes sense to

me because supposedly it takes 3500 calories to gain a lb. I can

gain a lb just from eating a bowl of ice cream. I have been trying

really hard to keep my calories low in order to lose. If I go above

800 calories, I can't lose. I have such a slow metabolism. It really stinks.

Needing support today.

I don't know what is going on went to the surgeon last Friday and I weighed 179. THEN I went out to dinner two nights in a row, but nothing horrid, I did share dessert. BUT TODAY, I had 3 bites of cookie dough, 2 Cookies, and an Almond JOy, GRAZED like fool, raw veggies and dip, a 1/4th of a chicken breast. SO you get it right, MY TUMMY IS KILLING me right now.

SO The killer is I weigh 185! WTH??? Is this truly possible. I haven't had gains like this, Althought I felt the 179 was artificial cause I was 181 at home, BUT crap 185 this is ridiculous. I felt like I was hungry all day today after I did my 5 k, but heck no do I pick the good stuff.

Dec 7th

237/ I GUESS 185/165