Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd Day Pre-Op Diet-Harder Than I Thought

:help:

I'm hungry frustrated and thinking of ways to cheat. Please help. I am on my two week liquid diet eating Jello, popsicles,cream Soups, etc. and I can't take it anymore. I am so tempted everytime I open the refrigerator to get a popsicle or to drink a fruit2O. :hungry:

I've read the first few days are hard but then you will "settle in". Stay with it, it's worth it. Remember, it will pass. Good luck.

I am going to the refrigerator for a sugar free popsicle and quickly close the door. I can do it! Yes, I Can! Thanks for the boost!

honey,don't beat yourself up.i had my surgery without a pre-op diet.everything went well.i just fasted eight hours before my surgery.but everybody is different.have some Soup, something light,even a salad.you'll be just fine.

Wow, you get creamed soups! I didn't even get that! Just Protein shakes, water/crystal light, clear broths (bleh) and sugar free Jello & popsicles.

What I did (and what I'm STILL doing) is a cleared out a portion of one of the shelves on the frig door and made it MY AREA. I put my canned shakes, jellos, micellar milk, etc. on there, so when I open the frig I just look right there, grab what I need, and close the door... no having to look over/under/behind any/everything else in the frig. Now that I'm 3+ weeks post-op, my shelf area has gotten a bit bigger (my goal is the whole shelf, someday, lol!)... I put my low-fat cheeses, etc. on there, too... anything that's just for me.

Trust me... if I was able to follow the 2-wk liquid diet, YOU CAN! Really! I am the world's worst "dieter", trust me on this. But I did it! And I was so proud & it really jump-starts the weight loss, so you're feeling good about that, and after the first few days the headaches go away and you feel better and it's JUST 2 WEEKS... you can do ANYTHING for JUST 2 WEEKS!

Good luck!

Can you tell me how you are able to post your tickler with your message? I think that is really cool!

Hi, I am surprised that my Dr doesnt require a pre- op diet only a nutritionist to help count Protein and I was suppose to eat like I had the band but no liquid diet at all in fact I had a huge bowl of lobster stew the night before my surgery and had many " last " meals. I am grateful to his rule because I had such a problem with food it would of been very difficult for me to do it. I know I would of though if it was required because when we make a commitment to get the band we must be ready to do our very best at listeining to Dr's orders and be responsible so we dont hurt ourselves. Good luck to you I am now 18days post-op and feel great with a little tiny appetite that I am trying to get use to. Its wonderful !!:clap2: Stick with what he said it will be so worth it. I am down 15 lbs and am so motivated !!

Kim

You CAN do it!

And remember, it isn't only two weeks pre-op, but the post-op is usually liquids as well. But you should hopefully not feel as hungry in the immediate post-op period. I don't. I'm struggling to get in my Protein and liquids. My surgeon's office has a contract with a company called BetterMD.net and they have kits they sell for pre and post-op. It cost me $249 including S/H for four weeks of food. IT requires no though at all, they give you a list of what has been packed for you, and then a sheet with check boxes for each day to check off what you've had. I don't have to think about which shake ot have or if broth from a certain Soup is okay. I just look at my sheet and pick up a packet of what I am to drink next. Might want to consider it.

wish me luck,

you can do it!!

honey,don't beat yourself up.i had my surgery without a pre-op diet.everything went well.i just fasted eight hours before my surgery.but everybody is different.have some Soup, something light,even a salad.you'll be just fine.

poochie - many doctors are different. please do not offer advice going against her doctor's orders.

through out anything that is a temptation. Just get rid of it. It will be so much easier to resist. Im on a 30 day slimfast diet! Ahhhh. I thought I would never make it, but this is day 3 and its not as bad as I thought it would be. I have to fight with myself at night. Thats when I really want to cheat, but I just force myself to go to bed early. I always feel better in the morning. The one thing that helps me is chewing chipped ice. I put it in Water with a little lemon and eat it all day.

Good luck,

V.

Take it slow, take it easy. 2 weeks may seem overwhelming, but remember that your Dr. is having you go on liquids for your own safety. The last thing you want to do is go in for surgery and have a problem that could've been avoided by sticking to your liquids. You can DO IT!!! Stay strong, and remember that there are alot of people out here that are going through the same thing and feel like they need a little push too. My DH is on day 5 of liquids (he's allowed nothing but Water, crystal light and 4 Protein shakes!!!). He has to go on all liquids for 30 days, too (not only to shrink his liver, but also to lose weight before surgery). Good luck & take care!!!

-Lili

Try to keep your mind on the prize. I haven't even been banded yet but on my pre op diet that I will be starting July 9 I can have ONLY Clear Liquids with 50mg of powdered whey Protein a day. I am sooooooooo nervous about it. No cream Soup. They say you are not hungry because of the protein I will be consuming but I still have my doubts about that. I guess if I am not truly hungry but still wanting food that is the habit that I will be fighting and that needs to start sometime. That I honestly think will be the hardest part for me.

Good luck with the rest of your pre op and surgery. I can't wait until I can join you on July 23rd.

I SO FEEL YOU! Im on my 4th day and im a wreck! I miss my foods and IM SO SICK OF LIQUIDS i could scream. Im mentally drained! iM IN THE WORST MOOD! UGH! I WANNA THROW SOMETHING!

My husband is really feeling the raft of my frustrations, but he has been hanging in there with me because he understands I'M JUST HUNGRY! Guess what he is cooking now. cheese Fries with bacon ranch-the works! I have had a Isopure shake, Jello, and I am forcing down sugar free orange Tang to fight through the hunger pains I am having right now. I've surprised myself because believe it or not I'm ok. Thanks for everyone's support and encouraging words. Band Date July 5th!

I am on day 8 of my liquid pre-op diet and it is frustrating. My mom had her lap band done on May 2nd and she lost 14 lbs. pre-op but so far I've only lost 5.5. :) I'm disgusted because the more I hear others preparing for surgery at the facility I'm going to, I think I'm doing something wrong! (And, no, I don't get cream Soups either...) I'm sticking to their regimen as suggested, tough as it is, but I'm also staying active doing odd jobs, errands, and so forth... Has anyone else experienced trouble with this?:help: