Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 26th Sleevers - 2 week check-in!

My May 26th (and nearby dates) Sleevefriends, how are you doing??

I had my 2 week follow-up appointment yesterday, got my sutures out (yay), and moved on to the pureed diet! I move to soft foods on 6/23, but I'm already excited to try new, pureed things. It's fueling my culinary-creativity.

I'm about to be under 300 lb. again, which I haven't been since my senior year of high school! (About 4-5 years ago!)

So what are you loving and what are you struggling with? Here's mine!

I'm loving:

Not feeling hungry

Low-carb

Walking easier/with less pain

Parking further away in parking lots

Having TONS of leftovers

I'm struggling with:

Finding sources of Protein

Drinking enough water!

Pooping (just being honest here!)

Low-carb (I love it because it's effective but I do miss bread!)

Scheduling my meals (I find myself forgetting now)

Paying attention to portions (My eyes are bigger than my stomach - thankfully - now)

Hey I had my sleeve 5/29, we sound around the same age I'm 22, nice to meet you I had my 2 week fu appt. I'm a bit jealous you moved to puree foods she told me I have to do another week of full liquids and I am seriously going crazy lol. I'm struggling with Fluid intake I went to GNC today and got isoprotein it has 40g of Protein but I can hardly drink it. My almond milk is my gateway drink lol. I'm not getting enough calories in that's why I'm so exhausted but its so hard to get it all in.

Had my surgery May 26, Started pureed yesterday, Hate It!. I would just rather not eat. I do not like the feel, texture, taste of mushy food. I am really having a hard time. I would much rather stay on Protein Shakes, and greek yogurt than put mushy in my mouth, then not being able to wash it down is even worse. Ok, I have had my whine, on with the plan. I know it will get better. I thought that getting Water in was tough. Seems that each stage has its ups and downs.

Hi. I was sleeved on May 26th. I'm down 20 lbs. Moved to pureed foods. No major issues. Struggling with getting all of my Protein in. Had tuna and spicy brown mustard today. Delicious

Hey! Sleeved may 27. I have started pureed foods. Only 2 or 3 bites and I'm full.

Things I'm loving

Gas pains finally gone!!

I have lost 22 lbs :-)

Arthritis pains already starting to feel better

Dislike

Hard time getting all protien in

I am really happy I did wls. And so glad I found this site.

Hi I had my sleeve 26/5. We must do things differently on the other side of the world as I can start on minced fod tomorrow. Thank goodness. Hardest thing for me has been tiredness as I know that I am not getting enough calories in. I never thought I would be saying that!

Hi. I was sleeved on May 26th. I'm down 20 lbs. Moved to pureed foods. No major issues. Struggling with getting all of my Protein in. Had tuna and spicy brown mustard today. Delicious

Hey! Sleeved may 27. I have started pureed foods. Only 2 or 3 bites and I'm full.

Things I'm loving

Gas pains finally gone!!

I have lost 22 lbs :-)

Arthritis pains already starting to feel better

Dislike

Hard time getting all protien in

I am really happy I did wls. And so glad I found this site.

Totally with you both on the protein! I'm allowed scrambled eggs on pureed and I've been able to almost eat one egg + one egg white. I think I'll move to just egg whites to reduce calories though! It's a decent amount of Protein, but I definitely need more!!

Had my surgery May 26, Started pureed yesterday, Hate It!. I would just rather not eat. I do not like the feel, texture, taste of mushy food. I am really having a hard time. I would much rather stay on Protein shakes, and greek yogurt than put mushy in my mouth, then not being able to wash it down is even worse. Ok, I have had my whine, on with the plan. I know it will get better. I thought that getting Water in was tough. Seems that each stage has its ups and downs.

My surgeon said it was OK to keep going with Protein Shakes and liquid diet items if you like them! He said he's seen people keep doing that up until the solid food phase before.... My NUT said the pureed phase was to help with tolerance so it's good to try new things and see how you do.

I think if you like something not-pureed, then you might like it pureed too! I like cauliflower and find I love it pureed too. I'm sure you'll find something you like soon. =)

Hey I had my sleeve 5/29, we sound around the same age I'm 22, nice to meet you I had my 2 week fu appt. I'm a bit jealous you moved to puree foods she told me I have to do another week of full liquids and I am seriously going crazy lol. I'm struggling with Fluid intake I went to GNC today and got isoprotein it has 40g of Protein but I can hardly drink it. My almond milk is my gateway drink lol. I'm not getting enough calories in that's why I'm so exhausted but its so hard to get it all in.

Yeah I turned 23 ten days before my surgery. Nice to meet someone else my age!! Are the isoprotein ones the fruity drinks? I might have to try them...I'm getting sick of Premier Protein chocolate shakes!

I'm exhausted too. My NUT didn't give me a specific calorie range, but I've been getting, on average, 400 to 550 calories a day. How about everyone else?

Hi I had my sleeve 26/5. We must do things differently on the other side of the world as I can start on minced fod tomorrow. Thank goodness. Hardest thing for me has been tiredness as I know that I am not getting enough calories in. I never thought I would be saying that!

Did you go back to work already? I miss my afternoon naps and 9 hours of sleep after surgery! Now I'm back to about 6 hours a night, no naps, and I'm definitely tired!

Minced food sounds better than pureed!

Yeah I turned 23 ten days before my surgery. Nice to meet someone else my age!! Are the isoprotein ones the fruity drinks? I might have to try them...I'm getting sick of premier Protein chocolate shakes!

I'm exhausted too. My NUT didn't give me a specific calorie range, but I've been getting, on average, 400 to 550 calories a day. How about everyone else?

Its pretty good just something new I'm so ready to eat fish and tuna right about now.

Yeah I turned 23 ten days before my surgery. Nice to meet someone else my age!! Are the isoprotein ones the fruity drinks? I might have to try them...I'm getting sick of Premier Protein chocolate shakes!

Its pretty good just something new I'm so ready to eat fish and tuna right about now.

4 week check in? How is everyone? Father's Day weekend came with a lot of food and alcohol temptations! "Tested" a few bites of solid foods/meats, and while the bites were small I think I popped it in my mouth/ chewed too quickly an paid the price. Got sick :(, first time since surgery. Missed eating for the first time! Had a glass of wine. Sipped it over 3 hours so it had no effect. 24 lbs lost since surgery on 5/26, last week only down 2 lbs. 10 lbs to go until "onederland." Was hoping to be there by July 4th, but doesn't look like I'll get there.

On full liquids for another four weeks, total of 8 weeks of liquids???? am so ready to chew something, but will wait as Dr/Nut directed on flip side am down 37#????????????????

Nana@52, I feel for you. I am so glad that my surgeon and nut have me progressing. It has been nice to chew. I start soft tomorrow, but I really think that I am already there. I just could not do pureed for another day about 3 days ago. I am just chewing really well.

4 week check in? How is everyone? Father's Day weekend came with a lot of food and alcohol temptations! "Tested" a few bites of solid foods/meats, and while the bites were small I think I popped it in my mouth/ chewed too quickly an paid the price. Got sick :(, first time since surgery. Missed eating for the first time! Had a glass of wine. Sipped it over 3 hours so it had no effect. 24 lbs lost since surgery on 5/26, last week only down 2 lbs. 10 lbs to go until "onederland." Was hoping to be there by July 4th, but doesn't look like I'll get there.

I ate a pureed meatball and indulged in maybe three or four bites of rum cake (which was soaked enough that it melted right in my mouth!) for Father's Day -- so it wasn't bad!

I just got to Twohundredtown (or Twoderville). You'll make it to Onederland soon enough! Just keep up the good work!

On full liquids for another four weeks, total of 8 weeks of liquids am so ready to chew something, but will wait as Dr/Nut directed on flip side am down 37#

Wow! Another four weeks! :o It's going to feel AMAZING when you finally do get to have something real!