Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had a big clear out of my wardrobe. Found lots of clothes which didnt fit me pre sleeve but i kept them thinking they would fit me one day. Today 3 months post sleeve i have lost 50lbs and the clothes i was keeping for 1 day i will be slim are now too big.

I feel emotional and scared. What if i throw out all of these clothes and i go back to my previous size? Its such a waste of money. My friend says she will help me sell them online but i dont feel like throwing them away inside deep down a part of me thinks i will regain as the sizes in my wardrobe vary from 16 to 22. One outfit which i bought to wear on Christmas day was poignant. I bought it a week before Christmas as my husband and i were staying at a fancy hotel and having lunch there on Christmas Day i was in tears as the dress would not fit so i ended up wearing a jumper and trousers and feeling frumpy. Today that same dress is hanging off me and I didnt get to wear it.

So many mixed emotions of happiness, sadness, doubt,scared. Did anybody else feel like this? What did you do with your clothes keep or throw away?

I donated them to the local charity-based thrift shops. No need for them to end up in a landfill (other than underwear, stuff in really bad condition, etc.). I didn't want them hanging around as an invitation to get that big again. If I re-gain, there is going to be severe financial pain associated with that, and I *want* that as a disincentive.

Gave them away to family members.

I will give them away or take to charity shop. I really can identify with what you are saying, but really when I have the op the only way I want to go is down and stay down! You are doing well and long may it continue for you.

I also donate my too big clothes. It is a very emotional thing to do. I was almost in tears, it stressed me so much. But once I was done, it felt very liberating! I can look into my mostly empty closet and know that the clothes inside all fit me now and someone else is benefiting from my success (or from my loss!)

It's tough for sure. I threw away the largest clothes as it was soooo worn out. I hadn't bought new clothes in years. I have went from a 20 to a six and luckily I was given a lot of clothes by friends, so I only bought clothes in eight and six. But now I am getting into a four.

I have away what was given to me and I don't fear gaining back the weight as I know I will never ever let that happen. Once I get to goal, the sixes will go too and I'll never look back, period.

What stinks is I bought a lot of clothes I really liked only to lose more weight. It's hard to hold off however feeling so good and wanting to show off my new body. I've put myself in clothing hiatus until size four for now.

It's funny because I used to be thin about 7 years ago, and I had beautiful clothes. When I began to gain weight I stored all my skinny clothes away and I never gave up wearing them again. I've been able to wear them now and I'm so glad I kept them. Keep your skinny clothes, not your fat ones!!

I debated keeping them just in case I fell off the wagon and gained weight again. Then I realized I was sabotaging myself and donated them to charity. I told myself that I will never wear those sizes again and there was no need to keep them.