Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Month Out Monday & Still Not Tolerating

I am not having that issue. Are you taking any kind of antacid like Prilosec or another? What happens when you try to eat other things?

I bought some of the chewable Prilosec just to take on occasion, but I don't take them regularly. Can acid make you feel nauseated? I've tried refried Beans, chicken, and cream soups... All make me nauseated even more. ????

Yes acid can definitely make you feel nauseated. My surgeon had me take Prilosec for 14 days after surgery then I was free to stop. Try it to see if it helps.

Also make sure you are not drinking while eating and eating slow...both those things can cause nausea if you are not following the plan.

Definitely talk to your doctor about this, but know that everyone does not progress at the same speed. My nutritionalist told me that her co-worker who had the same surgery could not progress to the next phase because of the same thing so they kept her back till she could tolerate the next stage foods.

Yes, stomach acid can cause nausea. I left the hospital taking Prilosec twice a day. At 8 weeks I tried to see if I could stop taking it. I got rumbling, gurgling, and churning noises all day.... and after I ate or drank it was worse, I literally barfed up curdled Protein shake once. That is when went back to taking them twice a day.

Does your doctor know that you are having these problems? There are other things he can give you for the nausea if it is not acid related.

I'll for sure start the Prilosec regularly & see how it goes. I did contact the NP. She called me in some zofran & said that it happens to some people, and one day I'd wake up and the nausea would be gone (her words not mine). But I'm still nauseated and am having trouble eating period... Sorry, not trying to complain... It's just got me down.