Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Geez I feel your pain! I'm 12 days out and I've been constantly hungry!! Nothing satisfies me. I'm starting puréed on Thursday but I couldn't wait. Yesterday I wrapped a small thin slice of turkey with an even smaller slice of cheese and slowly mashed it in my mouth. I felt really bad about it but I felt so much better!!!! I had been feeling tired and weak. Today I had my Protein Shake and just now I had half of a 100 cal guacamole pack. I'm stuffed. My body needed something. I'm gonna try and hold off til Thursday for final ok from dr. The hunger pains are finally gone though. I'm feeling back to normal. I'm not saying do what I did. But talk to your Dr and tell him how u feel. Good luck!!

Oh my God.... You just made me LOL for real! I can totally see myself doing that turkey and cheese thing!! Good luck.

Edited by mrsFAB

I too feel pain. I'm 6 days post surgery and I would gladly eat tree bark if I could chew it. If my surgeon told me I had to wait four weeks for soft food I would strangle him on the spot. My guy says two weeks liquids, then soft food two weeks, then I guess experimenting with real food.

I was having issues with severe GERD after surgery. Regurgitating everything I drank or ate. My surgeon kept keeping me on full liquids week after week, not allowing me to progress to soft or pureed foods. At about week 5, after he told me he wanted me on liquids again for 1 more week, I burst into tears in front of him. After he tried to comfort me, I yelled "YOU BE ON LIQUIDS FOR 6 FUCKING WEEKS AND SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT"

It wasn't pretty. I totally feel your pain.

I am thrilled that I have not felt nausea or had anything come back up yet. I hope it continues when I move to soft foods.

I'm having issues with soft foods at week 4 per my surgeon. Can't get more than 1oz in then it comes back up. Been trying the past 4 days so going back to liquids to give my stomach a rest per my discharge instructions if this happens. Don't be in too much of a hurry for solids, take it slow with maybe one soft food at a time. Some people don't have this problem and others do for longer periods. A friend told me his coworker took nearly 6 weeks before being able to do other than liquids without vomiting.

Michelle

I. Will be 5 weeks post op this Thursday.i had a few set backs from Dumping.

I think it was close to a month before I was on anything that wasnt pureed and even then I was limited. 8 months on and only just starting to be able to handle normal food but I found that due to not being able to eat anything that I started getting turned off of food. I eat cause I need energy when I work out and whatnot but nothing tickles my fancy anymore lol

But im with alot of people....dont rush it youll get back to real food eventually but I feel rhats the signal that the surgery has done the most of its work and now its up to ke to continue it myself without relapsing

I think it was close to a month before I was on anything that wasnt pureed and even then I was limited. 8 months on and only just starting to be able to handle normal food but I found that due to not being able to eat anything that I started getting turned off of food. I eat cause I need energy when I work out and whatnot but nothing tickles my fancy anymore lol

But im with alot of people....dont rush it youll get back to real food eventually but I feel rhats the signal that the surgery has done the most of its work and now its up to ke to continue it myself without relapsing

I thought I was going crazy because food turns me off too at this point ????. Good to know I'm not the only one! I make myself eat in order to get my Protein in but I find if I ignore feelings of hunger a minute or two that feeling disappears.

I worry more about when I go back to work next week....what will I be able to eat? I can't just run to the bathroom if it doesn't agree with me and throwing up in the trashcan next to my desk isn't appealing at all ????. I work nights triaging patients via telephone and often by myself so the fears are valid.

No one said this would be easy but I hope it isn't more difficult than it has been with my inability to transition to food from liquids at this point!

Michelle

I thought I was going crazy because food turns me off too at this point ????. Good to know I'm not the only one! I make myself eat in order to get my Protein in but I find if I ignore feelings of hunger a minute or two that feeling disappears.

I worry more about when I go back to work next week....what will I be able to eat? I can't just run to the bathroom if it doesn't agree with me and throwing up in the trashcan next to my desk isn't appealing at all ????. I work nights triaging patients via telephone and often by myself so the fears are valid.

No one said this would be easy but I hope it isn't more difficult than it has been with my inability to transition to food from liquids at this point!

Michelle

It all comes down to a patience game I think lol ive had some friends who were back on normal foods within a week or so which blows my mind considering how long it took me.

I was never fussed about being able to eat certain foods only thing that worried me was getting in enough nutrients when I started working iut again...even now I struggle and get really lethargic after a few good sessions.

With food at work id just play it safe I think. Take stuff you know for certain you wont struggle with. Even if its youghurt or puree stuff. I found eating around other people difficult as I would get back into old habits and eat quicker then my body could tolerate. Had to literally relearn how to eat...took me a few weeks lol

It will all settle down and normalise you just have to give your body time :)