Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg! My surgery is in a few days June 10th !

Ok I have been on a roller coaster ride of emotions. Im excited and anxious and then scared and then Happy! I have not been super loyal to my pre op liquid diet...but I have been good about drinking plenty of liquids....My problem is I get anxiety in the pit of my gut and just want to jump out of my skin when I think my surgeon will not do my surgery cause I have cheated and I had stopped smoking in the begining of my process but some super stressfull stuff happend with my school and I started to smoke again back in April and tapered off again mid May but I dont think its been enough time......Oh man I hope ill be cleared after my preop appt. this Monday!!! Wish me luck!????????

I too am having mine on the 10th and am on a roller coaster of emotions. But, for different reasons. Biggest being.... Im doing it in Mexico! I hate flying and I have 2 flights there and 2 home! I have been on a liquid diet for 10 days now and though i have not cheated, its one of the hardest things i done! One minute I am so ready for this, the next Im scared to death. Not really of the surgery but of failing at it. What if I dont lose enough or it all comes back?? I am a self pay and feel bad for spending this money and taking it away from my family's finances. Especially if I gain it back!

I think you will be fine. Today is a new day. Try to stay on plan and do the best you can. Our day is coming! Its so close! We got this!

LynRey70, Stop all the bad habits asap and get back on the right track. Smoking complicates things so stop that completely for the best results on your healing. Be honest with your doc for your best outcome. You will get through this but you have to stop sabotaging yourself. You will not fool your doc when he see's your liver and if it is not shrunk properly. If you have to reschedule its because of your health. You want to go through this in your best health smoking is not providing that nor is cheating. You have 4 good days ahead of you if you don't cheat and stop smoking right now I am sure he will be pleased with your liver and you will be back here posting in no time. Best wishes for your surgery on Wednesday.

You will be fine, think positive. Believe me your family wants you healthy more than anything. There is no dollar amount for good health so when you think about sabotaging your progress think of how your family sacrificed for you to be healthy. You are already showing that you want this by sticking to your pre-op diet. Best wishes.

Thank you Josie... I needed this!!

My surgery is Tuesday. I just started my 3 day liquid diet today. I hope it gets easier tomorrow. It's not terrible, but it's not easy either. I've heard this is the hardest part. Has anyone else heard that?

Erinjb, I think so because after surgery you are working your way back to solid foods. This is the hardest thing I have done I know because I have not cheated and I have five more days to go. I want this bad enough to do the right thing. This coming from a person who eats something sweet daily. food has been my drug but these three days have given me insight that I am strong enough to say NO! to my old bad habits and know they are not worth my happiness when I reach my goal. I wish you all the best on this journey Erinjb.

I too am having mine on the 10th and am on a roller coaster of emotions. But, for different reasons. Biggest being.... Im doing it in Mexico! I hate flying and I have 2 flights there and 2 home! I have been on a liquid diet for 10 days now and though i have not cheated, its one of the hardest things i done! One minute I am so ready for this, the next Im scared to death. Not really of the surgery but of failing at it. What if I dont lose enough or it all comes back?? I am a self pay and feel bad for spending this money and taking it away from my family's finances. Especially if I gain it back!

I think you will be fine. Today is a new day. Try to stay on plan and do the best you can. Our day is coming! Its so close! We got this!

Thank you for your encouraging words! I think we will both be fine! And your family wont mind you spending a little cash on yourself now because the pay off is you have decided to live the life you were born to live happy healthy and a new you! Best of luck to you ....thanks for sharing Im glad Im not the only one who is up and down with my emotions!!!

My surgery is Tuesday. I just started my 3 day liquid diet today. I hope it gets easier tomorrow. It's not terrible, but it's not easy either. I've heard this is the hardest part. Has anyone else heard that?

My prayers are with you. I know you are gonna be so successful at this. Your family is gonna be very proud of you.

My surgery is June 9th. I can relate to the feelings on spending the money for surgery. I'm self pay too. My husband put it to me in a good way that helped me realize I shouldn't feel guilty having to spend the money on surgery. He said that the money we were spending is worth me being able to walk and not confined to a wheelchair and being able to hopefully live a longer and healthier life. (I have a joint disease that has destroyed both hips -- had 2 hip replacments in my late 40's and now it is impacting some of my other joints). Good luck with your surgery.

My surgery is also on Tuesday (June 9th). I've been on a liquid pre-op diet for almost 3 weeks now. Was only supposed to be 2 weeks but my husband was hospitalized the day my surgery was scheduled and I had to postpone it. The liquid diet got easier for me after the first day. At this point I still crave just a bite or two of food but am determined to stick it out so I can be ready for the surgery. Good luck with your surgery!