Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 10th date- Day five of Liquid diet!

Hello everybody! Im on day five of my liquid diet. I started out doing not so good and then I did really good for like two days but today has been the most challenging day! Im so hungry! Whats difficult is making food for my kids and boyfriend and knowing I cant eat what I just made. My current weight is 235.5, Im worried that Im not going to lose enough weight before my surgery date!

I have a june 9th date and i have 2 small girls and I have cheated a couple of times with tiny little things not a full plate of anything or a piece of cake but with crackers with my Decaf coffee..this is soo hard and even smelling food makes me want to just take 1 bite. I want this week to just be over already i cant stand drinking 4 shakes a day

Did your doctor tell you that u had to lose a certain amount of pounds ?

My date is June 10th as well, and I fell off the wagon of the weekend on my 2 week preop diet :( I am happy to say I'm back on it full time and happy about that! You got this! What I do is call my best friend anytime the hunger feels overwhelming and tell him that I need to be talked down. We can do this :D

Yeah mine is 2 Protein Shakes and then 3-4 oz protein/half cup non-starchy vegetable for the other meal.

Thank you so much for your feed back. Im glad Im not the only one who cheats on my preop diet... Today Ive been better and a little more focused! Its day six and I can hardly containe my excitement....Best of luck to you....???? for a successful surgery and speedy recovery! Please let us know how your doing????

I cheated horribly the first week and a couple times after that. Finally I just told my husband he had to take over with meals for the family. He's not a cook but I'm proud of him for stepping up!

I am scheduled for the sleeve on June 9th. Today is day 8 of my liquid diet. (I am down 15 lbs)

I can have low sodium broth, sugar free Gelatin and Popsicles along with 5 shakes. I have done well so far and made it through my son's birthday party without cheating. To my surprise I haven't been very hungry. I have had tummy problems and that may be why I am not hungry. Today I started with lactaid to see if that helps. I have only been able to drink 1-3 shakes a day. Just wondering if any of you are as scared as me to have the procedure done? I keep second guessing myself if this is right for me.

Wow congrats on the 15lbs and not cheating...I question myself everyday especially last night when i decided to go on Youtube and watch a couple of surgeries and peoples insides(it kind of freaked me out) but then again I have tried alot of different methods diets and it came down to this. Everything and everyone has different experiences in life and u cant go by what u read or see online because everyone is different but look at all the before and after pictures and just imagine yourself 100lbs lighter sounds nice right lol we all started this process for a reason and in a couple of months this scary feeling will all be in the past... Good luck Every1

My date is June 9th as well. I didn't have to do the liquid preop but have really been careful and lost a few more pounds. I see the doctor tomorrow so I may be doing liquids this weekend. Sunday and Monday are all Clear Liquids anyway along with the prep. I hope I can do this! I'd love to hear from anyone that has the date. We'll do it but one day at a time.

Well so happy to know I'm not alone i have cheated a had a couple bites of some of the food i made. And felt so horrible after. My date is June 8 very excited but scared. I dont want to fail :(

I have my surgery on June 15-I start a restricted diet today. I am excited but nervous. I can eat up until the day before surgery. The Protein Shakes I bought don't taste very good and the full me up to where I don't want to eat. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone else have a date close to mine?

My surgery is June 8th so only 3 1/2 more days on this liquid diet. I have dropped 18 lbs so far and I now feel like I have no energy. So much to do before Monday but no energy to do it! Guess I'll have to ask for some help!!!(GASP!!!!!!!!!!). Lol

Hello All!

My sleeve date is June 10th. I have been this pre op diet for 8 days now! 6 more to go! I am so hungry and miserable! Keep wondering if anyone else feels this way. I use to love cottage cheese and now I cant take another bite! I have not cheated at all! Well, unless you consider Pickle Juice cheating lol. It seems to help with the hunger, a little anyway. I even feel depressed because I know there is no end in site. I will have the surgery in 6 days and then back on to liquids for a while. Ugh... and... I NEVER thought I would even have a second thought about having this surgery, but these last few days... it has crept in to my thoughts... am I doing the right thing...

sorry... I didnt mean to ramble on, just needed to vent...

thanks for reading!