Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is my one month. Down 33.2lbs post op and 57.2lbs total.

Wow - I'm impressed. My 1 month mark is in 2 days and I'm only down 15 post surgery (and 32 presurgery.) I know everyone is different but I sure would have loved to be a quick loser! I am enjoying fitting into smaller clothes.

22 lbs from day of surgery till the one month mark. I kept a daily record the first month, now I keep a weekly record of my weight.

I was down 20lbs my first month too, not as much as others for sure but not too shabby!

Today is one month for me. Down 16 lbs post surgery and 32 presurgery. Not as much as I had hoped but on my way and enjoying smaller sized clothing.

That makes total sense to me. I started at 272 and lost 32 lbs prior to surgery so was 240 at surgery. I'm wondering what my weight will be once this surgery Fluid leaves my body and I have another few weeks of liquid only. My goal is 140 although i would be filled with joy to even get to 160.

First day home from hospital so it is early to bed for me. Hope you are doing well.

Hello, I didn't know about the surgery fluid? What's that all about? I was sleeved on July 14

They pump lots of Fluid in you before and during the surgery to keep you hydrated so it is not unusual to see a 10 lb gain directly after surgery. It takes several days to lose it. have yuo seen a big weight drop in last day or so?

For all of you who fret over the scale not budging despite your adherence to the program - at my pre-op class this evening, one young gentleman was discouraged because he took up Water jogging 1.2-2 hours a day, has been diligent on his diet - yet gained weight! The nutritionist put him on the body composition scale and.....he LOST 12 pounds of FAT but GAINED 15 pounds of MUSCLE! So, don't stress over the stalls. A lot is going on in your body.

Thanks LoreL I don't think I'm gaining muscle (haven't exercised yet) but what you wrote is such a wonderful reminder for all of us. I get very frustrated when the scale doesn't go down -- or goes up -- but then I try something on and find out that what fit me last week is now too big. Yes, a lot is going on in our bodies.I'm still looking forward to the day I have a smaller body with less room in it for all this XXXX to be going on!

They pump lots of Fluid in you before and during the surgery to keep you hydrated so it is not unusual to see a 10 lb gain directly after surgery. It takes several days to lose it. have yuo seen a big weight drop in last day or so?

Not really. .. the scale goes up and down. I exercise alot even at this early stage. I've only lost 8 pounds this week. I'm accustomed to losing up to 17 pounds in 10 days with out exercise.

Eight pounds in a week is incredible. Losses like 17 in a week don't last. Eventually we all slow down. I had been losing 3.5 a week but this week I only lost 1 -- which is too slow for me. Don't be surprised if your losses go down to 3 or 4 a week. That is considered by most people to be a lot. Best to you

Eight pounds in a week is incredible. Losses like 17 in a week don't last. Eventually we all slow down. I had been losing 3.5 a week but this week I only lost 1 -- which is too slow for me. Don't be surprised if your losses go down to 3 or 4 a week. That is considered by most people to be a lot. Best to you

Got on the scale and I'm down 13 pounds since surgery July 14. I may still make the 17 pounds in 10 days mark. My body often does that at the beginning. The first 10 days are very important for me on my diets. Then the next 30 days will be constant weight loss but are extremely important as well. This is how my body functions for some reason.

Hadn't realized you were in your first post surgery week. Yes, that first week is so wonderful! I hope you make it to 17 in 10 but even at 13 you have done great! I've heard people say that with the surgery the biggest weight loss is the first 6 months. I lost the most during my first week presurgery and then during next 2 months presurgery. Since surgery it has slowed down but I'm glad to say that I am losing again after a 6 day stall. Total loss so far is 52 lbs!

I lost 18 lbs first month,im at 6 weeks now,down 24lbs post op,so definitely slowing down. Began this journey at 303 lbs,post op 286 now 262, so I am thankful for any loss,especially the inches of fat loss,started size 24w now a 16w.

That is great sugabear44. I'm also 6 weeks post op -- down 20 postop. I now weigh 221 but I'm still in a 1x. Our bodies must be shaped differently since I don't think I'll fit into a 16w until I'm 170.